Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Ipswich Town Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 15th April 2023 :KO 3.00PM

Comments

• Luongo and Morsy are just better than our three. And that’s giving them the extra player going forward that’s making us to look outnumbered when they come forward.
    It’s just the mobility on and off ball. They can drive forwards, recover backwards, and pick up and create spaces we never seem to be able to.
    1. 38'

Post update

Terell Thomas (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 38'

Post update

Foul by Conor Chaplin (Ipswich Town).

• Lincoln 2-2
  • Difference is Ipswich are playing like a team who want to win, and we are playing like a team who don't want to...far too accommodating to our hosts, get the fu*k stuck into them ffs...

It's a bit more than that, we're simply outclassed. Better players, better play. 

We're miles off.
  • edited April 2023
    Sod this idea of keeping 'squad players.' Anyone who isn't up to this level and who is out of contract should be off. We've already got enough turnips coming back with the likes of Lavelle and DJ. 
  • Chunes said:
    Sod this idea of keeping 'squad players.' Anyone who isn't up to this level and who is out of contract should be off. We've already got enough turnips coming back with the likes of Lavelle and DJ. 
    And they are not exactly pulling up trees (or even turnips for that matter)

• 43' Town enjoying plenty of possession. No chances of note for either side in the last 10 minutes or so.
    1. 44'

Post update

George Hirst (Ipswich Town) wins a free kick on the left wing.

2. 44'

Post update

Foul by Michael Hector (Charlton Athletic).

• 45+1' 2  minutes are added on...
  • MK 1-1
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2023
    Yeovil Town being relegated from the National League as things stand.

Bad season for ex-EFL sides at that level

They were in the Championship in 2013-14, even more recently than Scunthorpe

• 45+2'  Booking for Woolfenden. He handles Maynard-Brewer's ball with Bonne in behind.
  • ross1 said:

45+2'  Booking for Woolfenden. He handles Maynard-Brewer's ball with Bonne in behind.
    Had a covering defender or otherwise the ref wouldve had a decision to make
  • HT 2-0, done well to keep it to that I suppose, now half time talk, and get Leaburn on for the second half...
  • How the fuck isnt that a red card!! - Bonne was through on goal

Talk about Ipswich wanting a non-biased referee
  • I would've bet my house on Albie skying that. Wasteman.
  • Poor FK from Albie, just got to hit the target lad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jonny Wilkinson would’ve been proud of that one 
  • Chunes said:
    I would've bet my house on Albie skying that. Wasteman.
    Alright Gangsta 🤣
  • Well we were 2-0 down at the Valley... Be VERY afraid Ipswich
  • Feel for those on the coaches that made todays game
  • Curbs has got it spot on , we are always 10 yards off of them, giving them a free run, at east try ffs
  • edited April 2023
    Better after the first 15 minutes, but still a complete gulf in quality. 

We just don’t have the midfield to compete with Ipswich’s so they are just running the game. 

Feels almost impossible to get our attackers into the game because our defending is so poor that we are constantly chasing shadows, and we do win the ball, we are just swarmed by Ipswich players and don’t have the ability to do anything with it. 
  • Curbs ripping into that opening 15 minutes and deservedly so
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    I would've bet my house on Albie skying that. Wasteman.
    Alright Gangsta 🤣
    Been watching Top Boy innit
  • TS didn't really learn anything from the game last season in terms of squad quality. 

Hopefully the new ownership takes note this time. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!