Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Ipswich Town Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 15th April 2023 :KO 3.00PM

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Poor FK from Albie, just got to hit the target lad.
    I have no idea why he is on free kick duties. Took the one at OT to make him look good & went nowhere.  Only decent player to take free kicks is Fraser. 
  • Not very good at all. Ipswich look like they have more players.
  • Hector twice over commits himself. Both times we concede.
  • The back 4 have been poor, Fraser and Dobson poor for goals. Hector poor decisions twice.
  • I'd consider taking Campbell off, put Sessegnon on and go 3-5-2
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Hector twice over commits himself. Both times we concede.
    Funny, because the one time we do stay in a solid bank of 4 when Ipswich attack, Terry accuses us of ball watching.

On a transition of play like they had for both their goals, from Inniss misplacing a pass and then Dobson missing a tackle, it’s always going to be difficult to get into a solid shape but our whole defensive unit really does not help itself.
  • edited April 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    Hector twice over commits himself. Both times we concede.
    Yes he did mate but the midfield is not offering any protection Dobson is having to do the work of three men and as Curbs said Chaplin should’ve been man marked from the off. Embarrassing opening 20 minutes performance and tactics wise.
  • edited April 2023
    More I watch that hand ball, more I think it was a red card, Bonne was free on a one v one on the keeper, and denied a goal scoring opportunity, and let's not even go there with the "its Bonne don't forget" stuff,  it's irrelevant who it is, it was a red card offence...
  • Has Hector shown today that a step up to championship level might not be as likely as everyone has predicted in recent weeks?
  • Sponsored links:

• Brownie needs to let Curbs speak.

Keeps talking over him and drones on repetitively. Wants to whinge but not even a coach. He talks a lot of sense but isn't willing to do the job and constantly talks over the guests when in the studio. I really hate that.
  • edited April 2023
    'Swap our midfields and we’d have a chance'. I think that's about right.
    Awful first half barring five or six minutes. But as Curbs said, 'it shows where we are'.
  • edited April 2023
    Charlton back out... No changes

22-eyes all pleading with Holden to sub them off
  • edited April 2023
    JamesSeed said:
    'Swap our midfields and we’d have a chance'. I think that's about right.
    Awful first half barring five or six minutes. But as Curbs said, 'it shows where we are'.
    I think we all know where this lot are Curbs.

The thought of another season of this is truely depressing.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Poor FK from Albie, just got to hit the target lad.
    I have no idea why he is on free kick duties. Took the one at OT to make him look good & went nowhere.  Only decent player to take free kicks is Fraser. 
    We’ve got a decent set piece taker under contract… just a shame he’s on loan at Cambridge
  • edited April 2023
    AMB forced into an early save

His Charlton team mates look baffled, and havent realised that we kicked off
  • edited April 2023
    Save by amb. Their 33 just breezes pastnDobson and Fraser's challenges and let's fly. 

• 47'  Great save, Ash! He flies to his left to keep out Broadhead's venomous drive.
  • Sponsored links:

• More I watch that hand ball, more I think it was a red card, Bonne was free on a one v one on the keeper, and denied a goal scoring opportunity, and let's not even go there with the "its Bonne don't forget" stuff,  it's irrelevant who it is, it was a red card offence...
    Original ref would have given it. Just shows what pressuring the EFL does. 

• 47' Broadhead skips past one man then nutmegs another before seeing a well-struck shot from 25 yards parried.
  • Burns down injured after a fair challenge from Thomas.

Nothing wrong - But looks like Burns Night could be done
  • Has Hector shown today that a step up to championship level might not be as likely as everyone has predicted in recent weeks?
    I think it’s more likely that Charlton have confirmed to him that staying here is a terrible idea for his career. 

• 48' Pause in play. Burns receiving treatment near the byline.
  • ross1 said:

45+2'  Booking for Woolfenden. He handles Maynard-Brewer's balls with Bonne in behind.
    Ooh Matron Kenneth Williams GIFs  Tenor
  • F Green 0-4
  • Nope Burns is back up... He continues
  • You deserve relegation Southampton ... sssshhhhh
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!