Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

OMG! MILLWALL MIGHT GET PROMOTED - but not in 2023 :)

Comments

• Options
    This thread is so fucking depressing.
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    650 Dutch and German fans attending games.
    Got to laugh at that as I have mates who are both Dutch and German and have said nothing about this.

Millwall in top flight football is not going to happen.

Dutch & German fans definitely been turning up as I know some Wall fans that have said as much apparently there was some Germans bouncing up & down like ultras at one game
    I know Wall fans hate anything to do with ultras going to be funny to see if one turns up with a drum Ha probably end up over he's head Ha
    Millwall German ultras sounds like a comedy to me.
    Can see them now marching down the Old Kent Road wouldn’t get passed the Lord Nelson.
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    650 Dutch and German fans attending games.
    Got to laugh at that as I have mates who are both Dutch and German and have said nothing about this.

Millwall in top flight football is not going to happen.

Dutch & German fans definitely been turning up as I know some Wall fans that have said as much apparently there was some Germans bouncing up & down like ultras at one game
    I know Wall fans hate anything to do with ultras going to be funny to see if one turns up with a drum Ha probably end up over he's head Ha
    Millwall German ultras sounds like a comedy to me.
    Can see them now marching down the Old Kent Road wouldn’t get passed the Lord Nelson.
    Yea definitely won't catch on with the wall fans 
    Only happened once with them I was surprised they got away with it 
  • Options
    That figure is a lot higher than Charlton have.
    Thats what I am laughing at and I don’t believe that figure. All talk.
    We have shit loads of Germans and Dutch at games these days. We was getting a few anyway but since signing Flemming and Voglsammer in the summer we’re getting even more. 

The ultra stuff was at a low key fa cup game v sheff utd. If they tried it at a big game with a big crowd they’d get told to wind their necks in. 
  • Options

The craziness of football in 2023 summed up in two paragraphs:

Millwall’s daily operations are overseen by Steve Kavanagh, the club’s chief executive and a strong advocate of financial regulations. Millwall’s wage bill is around the 15th highest in the division.

Kavanagh speaks daily to owner John Berylson, who is based in the United States and has invested more than £100m since taking over in 2005

• Options

Millwall’s daily operations are overseen by Steve Kavanagh, the club’s chief executive and a strong advocate of financial regulations. Millwall’s wage bill is around the 15th highest in the division.

Kavanagh speaks daily to owner John Berylson, who is based in the United States and has invested more than £100m since taking over in 2005

Seems to be working considering they are 15 th in the wage bill seem to have a decent squad
    Does anyone know where we stand in the wage bill league in league 1 ?
  • Options
    We have shit loads of Germans and Dutch at games these days. We was getting a few anyway but since signing Flemming and Voglsammer in the summer we’re getting even more. 

The ultra stuff was at a low key fa cup game v sheff utd. If they tried it at a big game with a big crowd they’d get told to wind their necks in. 
    I was out with my Millwall supporting mate last week and he commented on the large number of foreign fans attending now, he did go into specific nationalities, just the fact they were foreign.
  • Options
    Wellred said:

Seems to be working considering they are 15 th in the wage bill seem to have a decent squad
    Does anyone know where we stand in the wage bill league in league 1 ?
    if its anything above 24th the players are stealing a living. 
  • Options
    Does Millwall have a 'revered academy'?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Well we do currently have three first teamers who came through the academy. One of those has just broken in to the England U18 team. We’ve got a few decent prospects out on loan and we’ve made a few quid from sell ons from ex academy players. Not a bad return for a club of our size (Smallwall). Should only get better as well now the West Kingsdown site has got the go ahead. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Well we do currently have three first teamers who came through the academy. One of those has just broken in to the England U18 team. We’ve got a few decent prospects out on loan and we’ve made a few quid from sell ons from ex academy players. Not a bad return for a club of our size (Smallwall). Should only get better as well now the West Kingsdown site has got the go ahead. 
    have you seen that Esse kid at all? (I presume thats who you are talking about.) heard he is pretty good but know nothing about him. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    have you seen that Esse kid at all? (I presume thats who you are talking about.) heard he is pretty good but know nothing about him. 
    Yes. He’s a real prospect. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    probably needs a loan next season to a lower league side not too far away from home....
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    probably needs a loan next season to a lower league side not too far away from home....
    To be fair, he doesn't look out of place in our first team. Don't want to see him going anywhere.

If only we had managed to keep hold of Eze and Edozie.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    To be fair, he doesn't look out of place in our first team. Don't want to see him going anywhere.

does your youth set up only look for players who's second name begins with an E or is it just a coincidence? 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

does your youth set up only look for players who's second name begins with an E or is it just a coincidence? 
    Didn't even clock that. Brilliant  :D
  • Options
    Next year its the F’s; Feze and Fedozie 😉
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

& Zac Lovelace his doing good things up in Rangers B team they really rate hime 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Solidgone said:
    Next year its the F’s; Feze and Fedozie 😉
    FanDabbyDozie
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Do we have a 'revered academy'?
    Never be ashamed of your roots, mate 👀
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WBA last 11games at home won 10 draw 1 lost nil. All the games in the league have been won without considering a goal. Blackburn took a point in 1-1. 

Another victory today please WBA.

• Options
    Watch me eat my words tonight
  • Options
    Watch me eat my words tonight
    Don't think your have to Jed Wallace to get the winner 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Fair enough, but revered is possibly too strong a word. It would imply an almost religious reverence over a fair prettied of time. 
    As we know, you’re currently a much better run club than Charlton, and it’s perhaps a little depressing for us to see our near neighbours flourish, while a succession of poor owners continue to hamper our chances of even limited success. Nothing personal of course ;-)
    Has Charlton ever had an owner as good as yours? One prepared to lose £12M a year, and who lets well qualified and experienced staff run the show without (I presume) much interference? 
    I suspect we’ll be back, but for those of us of advancing years I sure hope we hurry up about it! 
    The trip to Old Trafford, and the defeats of Brighton and QPR, are reminders of what could/should be. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Do we have a 'revered academy'?
    Never be ashamed of your roots, mate 👀
    I’m not, but it was so long ago the memories have faded. But I’ll never be a Millwall hater, except when we play you of course; but I admit to being envious :-)
    They certainly treated JS very well. He was big mates with Micky Purser.
  • Options

"were"
  • Options

"were"macht

Allegedly...

• Options
    edited April 2023
    I am going to be up in Blackpool for a northern soul weekend when Millwall are playing them up there should be interesting weekend with loads of wall fans out on the piss
  • Options
    With the war in Ukraine rumbling on the prospect of an equally violent encounter between irons and lions looms large.if Millwall stay down (as I believe they will)it is looking like they may be joined by the world Cup winners from Stratford.I watched the match of the day coverage of West ham v Newcastle and believe the exodus of West fans 10 mins from the end to be the most disgraceful abandonment of their team by a set of supporters when the team needed them that I have ever seen
  • Options
    Looking at their remaining games they have to be nailed on certs for the play offs.

4 home games + 3 away to Hull (nothing to play for) and then Blackpool/Wigan (the bottom 2 sides)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!