Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

OMG! MILLWALL MIGHT GET PROMOTED - but not in 2023 :)

Comments

• Uh Oh GIFs  Tenor 

Another step nearer if you beat Birmingham you should make it but I still think Coventry will sneak in 
  • With any luck Middlesbrough will do to Millwall in the Play-Offs what they've just done to Norwich.
  • Just to cheer us up, ITV start with the Millwall game.

An easy run in too...
  • edited April 2023
    With any luck Middlesbrough will do to Millwall in the Play-Offs what they've just done to Norwich.
    Massive result for us today. Quietly confident we’ll make the playoffs now. Can’t see us getting past Boro though if we do make it. But just to be in the mix will be a massive achievement for us, the 15th biggest budget in the league. And we’re seeing progress with each season. If nothing else it’ll be another sell out at The Den, so a few extra pennies in the coffers. Onwards and upwards 
  • Scum mate checked earlier on in the season and play off was down as the bank holiday Monday but not confirmed , punchy Cnut knew .
    it’s since been confirmed as Saturday May 27th and he’s away that weekend till the Monday 🤦‍♂️ but will obviously just go to the final and see them promoted instead , Cnut 
  • Millwall 5th 65pts +8
    - Wigan (A) (24th)
    - Blackpool (A) (23rd)
    - Blackburn (H) (6th)

Blackburn 6th 64pts -2
    - Preston (A) (12th)
    - Burnley (H) (1st)
    - Luton (H) (4th)
    - Millwall (A) (5th)

West Brom 7th 63pts +9
    - Sunderland (H) (9th)
    - Sheff Utd (A) (2nd)
    - Norwich (H) (10th)
    - Swansea (A) (11th)

Coventry 8th 63pts +9
    - Reading (H) (22nd)
    - Birmingham (H) (15th)
    - Middlesbrough (A) (3rd)

Sunderland 9th 62pts +9
    - West Brom (A) (7th)
    - Watford (H) (13th)
    - Preston (A) (12th)

Norwich 10th 62pts +8
    - Swansea (H) (11th)
    - West Brom (A) (7th)
    - Blackpool (H) (23rd)

Swansea 11th 62pts +2
    - Norwich (A) (10th)
    - Hull (A) (16th)
    - West Brom (H) (7th)

Preston 12th 62pts -8
    - Blackburn (H) (6th)
    - Sheff Utd (A) (2nd)
    - Sunderland (H) (9th)

• 5th in the league and getting a crowd of 13k v brum - wow 
  • Blackburn and Coventry drawing was the worst result really. Now they play the bottom 2 and Blackburn on the final day. 
  • With any luck Middlesbrough will do to Millwall in the Play-Offs what they've just done to Norwich.
    Massive result for us today. Quietly confident we’ll make the playoffs now. Can’t see us getting past Boro though if we do make it. But just to be in the mix will be a massive achievement for us, the 15th biggest budget in the league. And we’re seeing progress with each season. If nothing else it’ll be another sell out at The Den, so a few extra pennies in the coffers. Onwards and upwards 
    And if you get Luton in the semis it can be like '85 all over again.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    Blackburn and Coventry drawing was the worst result really. Now they play the bottom 2 and Blackburn on the final day. 
    All the results went their way last night.

Blackburn v Coventry drawing (the Coventry keeper scored a last minute equaliser)
    Norwich drew at a piss poor QPR
    Preston lost at Swansea

I think with the 3 games they have left it's a given that they'll make it now. Blackburn have a tough run in and a terrible goal difference and a lot of the other sides are playing each other.

Blackburn and West brom have games in hand but............Blackburn's is a derby v Burnley and West Brom's is away at Sheff utd.
  • Millwall 5th 65pts +8
    - Wigan (A) (24th)
    - Blackpool (A) (23rd)
    - Blackburn (H) (6th)

Blackburn 6th 64pts -2
    - Preston (A) (12th)
    - Burnley (H) (1st)
    - Luton (H) (4th)
    - Millwall (A) (5th)

West Brom 7th 63pts +9
    - Sunderland (H) (9th)
    - Sheff Utd (A) (2nd)
    - Norwich (H) (10th)
    - Swansea (A) (11th)

Coventry 8th 63pts +9
    - Reading (H) (22nd)
    - Birmingham (H) (15th)

Sunderland 9th 62pts +9
    - West Brom (A) (7th)
    - Watford (H) (13th)
    - Preston (A) (12th)

Norwich 10th 62pts +8
    - Swansea (H) (11th)
    - West Brom (A) (7th)
    - Blackpool (H) (23rd)

Swansea 11th 62pts +2
    - Norwich (A) (10th)
    - Hull (A) (16th)
    - West Brom (H) (7th)

Preston 12th 62pts -8
    - Blackburn (H) (6th)
    - Sheff Utd (A) (2nd)
    - Sunderland (H) (9th)

Swansea are 13th with 59 points. No way they're making the play offs.
    Is that it?

You know it's bad if it is 🤣
  • We're trying to mess it up, we really are 😬
  • Millwall 5th 65pts +8
    - Wigan (A) (24th)
    - Blackpool (A) (23rd)
    - Blackburn (H) (6th)

Blackburn 6th 64pts -2
    - Preston (A) (12th)
    - Burnley (H) (1st)
    - Luton (H) (4th)
    - Millwall (A) (5th)

West Brom 7th 63pts +9
    - Sunderland (H) (9th)
    - Sheff Utd (A) (2nd)
    - Norwich (H) (10th)
    - Swansea (A) (11th)

Coventry 8th 63pts +9
    - Reading (H) (22nd)
    - Birmingham (H) (15th)

Sunderland 9th 62pts +9
    - West Brom (A) (7th)
    - Watford (H) (13th)
    - Preston (A) (12th)

Norwich 10th 62pts +8
    - Swansea (H) (11th)
    - West Brom (A) (7th)
    - Blackpool (H) (23rd)

Swansea 11th 62pts +2
    - Norwich (A) (10th)
    - Hull (A) (16th)
    - West Brom (H) (7th)

Preston 12th 62pts -8
    - Blackburn (H) (6th)
    - Sheff Utd (A) (2nd)
    - Sunderland (H) (9th)

I’m trying to convince myself that Millwall won’t make the playoffs but their run in compared to the competition (many of whom are playing each other) suggests they will. Mind you, it’s so tight up there that just a couple of points dropped could mean they miss out. Here’s hoping, eh!?
  • edited April 2023
    The form Middlesbrough are on... They'd be my bet for the Play-Offs

Dropped a few points of late, but seem very free scoring 
  • Millwall couldn't have asked for any better fixtures than the two bottom teams cut adrift.
    Is that it?

Apparently our crowds are supposed to massively fluctuate depending on how we’re doing on the pitch. Like they do at Charlton. 
    Is that it?

Apparently our crowds are supposed to massively fluctuate depending on how we’re doing on the pitch. Like they do at Charlton. 
    Millwall crowds in being relatively how they've always been shocker. Grrrr.
  • Sponsored links:

• I fully expect them to get to the final against Boro I would think. They will beat Luton in the 2 legs.
    They always have a notable drop in crowds during the week, more than most clubs, which is as odd as apparently they all live locally.
  • Family time is difficult during the week, especially when most of the men folk are away in Belmarsh.  They have a jolly old knees up though, they are going well, let em all come darn to the Den.

Bastards!
  • yep a 3k drop,  after a home victory,  for the penultimate home game was a bit odd , still they can claim their plucky biggest cnut/ smallest normal punters club badge of honour 
  • yep a 3k drop,  after a home victory,  for the penultimate home game was a bit odd , still they can claim their plucky biggest cnut/ smallest normal punters club badge of honour 
    If you mean the biggest small club thing, at least we’re happy being a small club (who punch above our weight). It kills you lot that you’re now classed as a small club as well. I mean you personally think it’s a liberty that you’re expected to play in the third tier at all. 😉
    If you mean the biggest small club thing, at least we’re happy being a small club (who punch above our weight). It kills you lot that you’re now classed as a small club as well. I mean you personally think it’s a liberty that you’re expected to play in the third tier at all. 😉
      I need to spend less time on this thread. :'( 
    Nothing-really-matters GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    I was brought up on second tier footy with a taste of top flight footy and a historically superior club to our local rivals and one season in this shithouse league , you were brought up in this shithhouse league with 2 seasons of top flight and a minge of a club history wise .

Of course it's gonna hurt being a lot lower than our local rivals but my kids will see this shitness as the norm to them pretty similar to what you had faced as you were brought up with the neighbours being higher up the football pyramid most of the time .

I've never considered us a big club or even a medium club,  at best we're a small medium club, our support numberwise home /away ratio has previously been as bad as any club but bizarrely with our shitness those numbers still not great have improved with there being a reasonable harcore of travellers for what we have become which is a small club football wise
    but our cnut factor ratio difference to the scum has narrowed but that's one thing like our head to head that is set in stone and we will always get outcnut by you lot .

• They lost at home to Brum on Tuesday which should give us some hope surely.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!