Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

OMG! MILLWALL MIGHT GET PROMOTED - but not in 2023 :)

Comments

• edited April 2023
    I have no doubt that even if there was a shred of truth to that article, that Millwall couldn’t afford him. It’s going to take a bid of £3 million plus to get anywhere like Charlton selling and for Miles wages of £20k per week, probably more. Perhaps if Millwall get promoted via the playoffs the £3 million might be doable but I doubt they’d be ready to make punts when they’d need to be signing ten senior players for a Premiership campaign. I think it’s 50/50 whether Miles leaves this summer but if he does it’s going straight to a PL club and a loan straight back out. 
  • I have no doubt that even if there was a shred of truth to that article, that Millwall couldn’t afford him. It’s going to take a bid of £3 million plus to get anywhere like Charlton selling and for Miles wages of £20k per week, probably more. Perhaps if Millwall get promoted via the playoffs the £3 million might be doable but I doubt they’d be ready to make punts when they’d need to be signing ten senior players for a Premiership campaign. I think it’s 50/50 whether Miles leaves this summer but if he does it’s going straight to a PL club and a loan straight back out. 
    I agree but there’s probably a slightly bigger chance he’ll be at Millwall next season than charlton 😁
  • I have no doubt that even if there was a shred of truth to that article, that Millwall couldn’t afford him. It’s going to take a bid of £3 million plus to get anywhere like Charlton selling and for Miles wages of £20k per week, probably more. Perhaps if Millwall get promoted via the playoffs the £3 million might be doable but I doubt they’d be ready to make punts when they’d need to be signing ten senior players for a Premiership campaign. I think it’s 50/50 whether Miles leaves this summer but if he does it’s going straight to a PL club and a loan straight back out. 
    I agree but there’s probably a slightly bigger chance he’ll be at Millwall next season than charlton 😁
    Zero chance he’ll be at Millwall. 
  • edited April 2023
    I have no doubt that even if there was a shred of truth to that article, that Millwall couldn’t afford him. It’s going to take a bid of £3 million plus to get anywhere like Charlton selling and for Miles wages of £20k per week, probably more. Perhaps if Millwall get promoted via the playoffs the £3 million might be doable but I doubt they’d be ready to make punts when they’d need to be signing ten senior players for a Premiership campaign. I think it’s 50/50 whether Miles leaves this summer but if he does it’s going straight to a PL club and a loan straight back out. 
    Yeah I was fishing. Only way we’ll get him is if he goes to a PL club and they loan him to us. 
    Yeah I was fishing. Only way we’ll get him is if he goes to a PL club and they loan him to us. 
    Imagine the meltdown on here if that happened 😂
    if he does i'll see him down Lewisham high street with his old man. 
    I reckon that makes it about the same likelihood that he’ll be playing for us next season. 
  • 5th in the league and getting a crowd of 13k v brum - wow 
    Remember that the German and Dutch fans that go to The New Den wouldn’t have been there. That would have added afew hundred.🤣
  • If we made a deal with the devil that the scum stay in the Championship but Leaburn will be on loan there from Villa or whoever next season I'd bite your hand off for it 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2023
    5th in the league and getting a crowd of 13k v brum - wow 
    Remember that the German and Dutch fans that go to The New Den wouldn’t have been there. That would have added afew hundred.🤣
    Be about a thousand, and I’m not even joking! Well, along with the Italians, French, Polish etc. Read somewhere that there was even a group of Israelis there on Saturday!  
  • Minge of a club is being generous.
  • yep a 3k drop,  after a home victory,  for the penultimate home game was a bit odd , still they can claim their plucky biggest cnut/ smallest normal punters club badge of honour 
    If you mean the biggest small club thing, at least we’re happy being a small club (who punch above our weight). It kills you lot that you’re now classed as a small club as well. I mean you personally think it’s a liberty that you’re expected to play in the third tier at all. 😉
    I was brought up on second tier footy with a taste of top flight footy and a historically superior club to our local rivals and one season in this shithouse league , you were brought up in this shithhouse league with 2 seasons of top flight and a minge of a club history wise .

Of course it's gonna hurt being a lot lower than our local rivals but my kids will see this shitness as the norm to them pretty similar to what you had faced as you were brought up with the neighbours being higher up the football pyramid most of the time .

I've never considered us a big club or even a medium club,  at best we're a small medium club, our support numberwise home /away ratio has previously been as bad as any club but bizarrely with our shitness those numbers still not great have improved with there being a reasonable harcore of travellers for what we have become which is a small club football wise
    but our cnut factor ratio difference to the scum has narrowed but that's one thing like our head to head that is set in stone and we will always get outcnut by you lot .

Decent honest post. Happy to out cnut charlton, no one likes us and all that. 

Offended by you calling our club history minge though. That was out of order and I’d like you to retract that statement. 
    yeah but it is a bit mingey to be fair.. 
  • When I first got into football your mob had just climbed out the 3rd division having spent the season before that in  division 4.  

Division 2 football at The Den for the first time in years. We use to draw with you in them days 0-0 but did win 1-0 at The Valley Alan Campbell scoring at the heights end.
    In fact I have seen all our wins against  millwall In the league in my life at present. 

Yes I know we have a shit record against Millwall. But in my eyes and many fans of my age you are a small club nothing else but small club.
    We don’t expect you to play top flight football again let alone next season.

Don’t know when you started going to Millwall but by you badge it must be around 1985.

I remember when you had decent players and still couldn’t get out of division 2.

Enjoy your football till the end of the season but we will and always will be a Bigger club than Millwall.
    @MillwallFan
  • @MillwallFan just for you that Millwall side that got out of Division3 in 1966
    Is that it?

You know it's bad if it is 🤣
    Apparently our crowds are supposed to massively fluctuate depending on how we’re doing on the pitch. Like they do at Charlton. 
    So you’ll get 13k for a play off semi right ? 
    Be about a thousand, and I’m not even joking! Well, along with the Italians, French, Polish etc. Read somewhere that there was even a group of Israelis there on Saturday!  
    They are using Mossad for crowd control?

About bloody time.
    Is that it?

Apparently our crowds are supposed to massively fluctuate depending on how we’re doing on the pitch. Like they do at Charlton. 
    Funny thing is, if your crowds hadn’t  fluctuated as much as they have over the years (far more than ours do), with what happens on the pitch having such an impact on how many come through the gate, then maybe you wouldn’t be in the shit you are. Just saying. 
    Is that it?

Funny thing is, if your crowds hadn’t  fluctuated as much as they have over the years (far more than ours do), with what happens on the pitch having such an impact on how many come through the gate, then maybe you wouldn’t be in the shit you are. Just saying. 
    How does that work? The clubs in the shitter due to bad ownership for the past 15 years not cos some of our fans are fairweather lol
  • Sponsored links:

Is that it?

How does that work? The clubs in the shitter due to bad ownership for the past 15 years not cos some of our fans are fairweather lol
    What was the difference in your PL crowds and your championship crowds? Before you even dropped in to league one. Forget the following season when charlton offered free season tickets if you went back up. But the one after that. 

Is that it?

Nah! You have an excellent owner, who has stuck by you for the past + ten years despite his heavy losses. Berylson is priceless. We have had a succession of dodgy owners who have ruined us. Nowt to do with us fans. When the team picks up the fans will return...you'll see. 
  • Can't believe how many times they f#ck it up & seem to get away with it with other results go their way
    with the next two games against teams fighting to stay up it's far from a done deal as they won't keep getting away with it 
  • yep a 3k drop,  after a home victory,  for the penultimate home game was a bit odd , still they can claim their plucky biggest cnut/ smallest normal punters club badge of honour 
    It isn't odd at all.  Less travelling fans for midweek fixture.    
    I'm just including home fans,  it's a big percentage drop from their previous crowds at a point where they're having one of their best ever seasons and just one home game left now .
    I'm just including home fans,  it's a big percentage drop from their previous crowds at a point where they're having one of their best ever seasons and just one home game left now .
    I have been told it's almost sold out already 
    to be honest we can't talk about crowds or the lack of them when our own seemed to have deserted us makes me gutted & annoyed at our home turn out 
    But proud of our traveling fans always turn out despite how we are playing 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!