Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

OMG! MILLWALL MIGHT GET PROMOTED - but not in 2023 :)

Comments

• I think I’m right that whatever the result today between WBA and Sunderland, Millwall will drop from 6th. 0 - 0 at present. 18 mins
    Only if there is a winner. 
  • Gettin West Brom!!
  • We’re currently outside the top 6. You can all breath now lol
  • We’re currently outside the top 6. You can all breath for now lol
  • How that was given a penalty I'll never know
  • Long way to go. Sunderland have had the better of this so far. 
  • We’re currently outside the top 6. You can all breath now lol
    It's not over till the fat lady sings.
  • Back up to sixth. 1 - 1 
  • I think I’m right that whatever the result today between WBA and Sunderland, Millwall will drop from 6th. 0 - 0 at present. 18 mins
    Nope. If it’s a draw we stay 6th. 
    Shock horror on what the result will be … oh 1-1 atm
  • edited April 2023
    Sunderland have been by far the better team and deserve the equaliser. I don't trust West Brom to get the results, in the remaining games, to dislodge Millwall, so I'd rather Sunderland win today.
  • Sponsored links:

• If it wasn’t for millwall I’d have to focus all my football hatred on arsenal not winning the league for now and spurs not making champs league , West Ham going down etc etc all a bit meh 

but nothing riles me more than the scum (correction our shitness does ) so gets the blood pumping , so all good and keeps an interest !!

• 2-1 Sunderland.
  • Sunderland’s next fixtures :smile:
    Watford H
    Preston A
  • WBA next fixtures :smile:
    Sheff Utd A
    Norwich H
    Swansea A 
  • Blackburns next fixtures
    Burnley H
    Luton H
    Millwall A
  • I think we need to take a more relaxed approach to Millwall's chances:

(1) They have picked up 5 points from their last 7 games
    (2) They have scored 3 goals in their last 7 matches and failed to score a single one in 5 of those
    (3) They have to play Blackpool away next who are desperate for points to stay up. Blackpool have won 2 of their last 3 matches
    (4) They then have to play Blackburn at home who themselves need a result to make the play offs
    (5) They have to win both their last two games to give themselves a proper chance
    (6) Coventry have Birmingham (nothing to play for) at home and then Middlesbrough away (who might well rest some players for the Play Offs). If Millwall's recent form is woeful then Coventry's has been superb - they have lost just one of their last 15. So Millwall are probably fighting for just one place
    (7) Even if Millwall make the Play Offs they still have two rounds to get through

Millwall are available at 12/1 to be promoted. So, by definition, if they were in the same position for this and the next 12 seasons the likelihood is that, at best, they will do so just once. This will not be the season they do so because they are so out of form coming into the final couple of games. Or, put another way, how much would we be prepared to put on us going up had we been in the same form and position? 

And it's not even in their hands now.
  • Blackburns next fixtures
    Burnley H
    Luton H
    Millwall A
    Wow that is tough for Blackburn
  • Don’t be sucked in the footballing devils are with the scum …
    Blackburn will lie down and die ….
  • Sponsored links:

• Both Coventry and Boro were in the bottom 3 after 17 matches and now on course for the play offs. 

Apparently Millwall have the 2nd fewest amount of goals from open play this season. Does highlight there limitations.
  • 2-1 Sunderland.
    And breath...
  • Definitely going to the last day. Not impressed with West Brom thought they were so poor
  • edited April 2023
    Both Coventry and Boro were in the bottom 3 after 17 matches and now on course for the play offs. 

Apparently Millwall have the 2nd fewest amount of goals from open play this season. Does highlight there limitations.
    Strange isn’t it? It’s almost as if the tactic of punting long balls up to one of the smallest strikers in the league isn’t paying dividends. 

(2) They have scored 3 goals in their last 7 matches and failed to score a single one in 5 of those
    (3) They have to play Blackpool away next who are desperate for points to stay up. Blackpool have won 2 of their last 3 matches
    (4) They then have to play Blackburn at home who themselves need a result to make the play offs
    (5) They have to win both their last two games to give themselves a proper chance
    (6) Coventry have Birmingham (nothing to play for) at home and then Middlesbrough away (who might well rest some players for the Play Offs). If Millwall's recent form is woeful then Coventry's has been superb - they have lost just one of their last 15. So Millwall are probably fighting for one just one place
    (7) Even if Millwall make the Play Offs they still have two rounds to get through

Millwall are available at 12/1 to be promoted. So, by definition, if they were in the same position for this and the next 12 seasons the likelihood is that, at best, they will do so just once. This will not be the season they do so because they are so out of form coming into the final couple of games. Or, put another way, how much would we be prepared to put on us going up had we been in the same form and position? 
    This is why I started posting in CL. Best Millwall related analysis on the internet 
    Can't imagine a Charlton fan being so welcomed as you and BBW on a Millwall forum. 
    I will always see them as spanner c#nts but yeah they are very much welcomed to join us anorak c#nts cos unlike a lot of their fans we are nice people on the most part.
    Though if they come on here to celebrate their play off win I hope the mods do the right thing...
    I always try to get the balance right and keep it banter rather than gloating. May not always get it right but that’s the aim. 
    Yes I think your a reasonable bloke tbh.
  • Don’t be sucked in the footballing devils are with the scum …
    Blackburn will lie down and die ….
    Yeah they'll score two own goals and give away a penalty again!! 
  • DOUCHER said:
    smallwall promotion danger alert level has now been officially removed - they've completely apple crumbled as expected and amber has been replaced by green - nothing to see here now - a slow decent into league 1 can now be expected over the next couple of seasons - nice  
    Fuck me it’s very little consolation in our darkest shit world of nowhere, but hey. Take what’s on offer… thanks Millwall , your collapse is appreciated, shit at one point we thought you were bloody serious….. !
    Wish I had your confidence. I'll be crapping myself until it's mathematically confirmed.
    Mate, we’ll struggle to beat Blackpool on Friday. The last few games we’ve been almost at charltonesque levels of shitness. Don’t worry, its not going to happen. 
    Are you going to Blackpool ? 
  • Bonne to Millwall next season to bolster their goal scoring.

(6) Coventry have Birmingham (nothing to play for) at home and then Middlesbrough away (who might well rest some players for the Play Offs). If Millwall's recent form is woeful then Coventry's has been superb - they have lost just one of their last 15. So Millwall are probably fighting for one just one place

This is why I started posting in CL. Best Millwall related analysis on the internet 
    Can't imagine a Charlton fan being so welcomed as you and BBW on a Millwall forum. 
    I will always see them as spanner c#nts but yeah they are very much welcomed to join us anorak c#nts cos unlike a lot of their fans we are nice people on the most part.
    Though if they come on here to celebrate their play off win I hope the mods do the right thing...
    I always try to get the balance right and keep it banter rather than gloating. May not always get it right but that’s the aim. 
    Yes I think you’re a reasonable bloke tbh.
    Thank you 
  • Wellred said:
    DOUCHER said:
    smallwall promotion danger alert level has now been officially removed - they've completely apple crumbled as expected and amber has been replaced by green - nothing to see here now - a slow decent into league 1 can now be expected over the next couple of seasons - nice  
    Fuck me it’s very little consolation in our darkest shit world of nowhere, but hey. Take what’s on offer… thanks Millwall , your collapse is appreciated, shit at one point we thought you were bloody serious….. !
    Wish I had your confidence. I'll be crapping myself until it's mathematically confirmed.
    Mate, we’ll struggle to beat Blackpool on Friday. The last few games we’ve been almost at charltonesque levels of shitness. Don’t worry, its not going to happen. 
    Are you going to Blackpool ? 
    No. Wouldn’t be able to get away from work in time. Will be at The Den for the Blackburn game though 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!