Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

OMG! MILLWALL MIGHT GET PROMOTED - but not in 2023 :)

Comments

• DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I think after their last few games, we can reduce the risk alert levels down from red to amber - another few weeks and i'm pretty sure we can drop them back into green as their usual end of season blow out kicks in fully 
     We’ve just  had a great little run. We played the top two in succession, and got a convincing win and a draw respectively, then an away win at Stoke, and a draw away to Luton, who are no mugs. Ok Saturday wasn’t a great result but we more than matched them and should’ve at least got a draw against one of the big hitters. If you had offered me all that prior to that run of games, and told me we’d still be just one point outside the play offs, I’d have bit your hand off. 
    You came up short Saturday and against Luton -  I was worried when u beat Sheffield u but I think fatigue and your smaller squad will do for you - the signs are there and I’m satisfied to reduce u down to amber - will be green in a fortnight 
    We threw away a two goal lead v Luton, which will always feel like a defeat. But if you’d asked most of us prior to that game we’d have been happy with a draw there. 
    Saturday was one of those games, it could have gone either way, but it just didn’t fall for us. I’m happy though that we’re competing against teams who, on paper, their squads are worth vastly more than ours. 
    I think you’re right though, about the fatigue. But the fact that we took Norwich to the wire (we had one cleared off the line in injury time) on the back of a difficult run, with obvious fatigue showing, I take that as a positive. We have no midweek fixture this week. I think that’ll do us good. 

As for you being on green in a fortnight, we’ll revisit this post then aye 😉
  • DOUCHER said:
    Whilst our misery goes on, we are only one sensible owner away from rejuvenation and a re establishment of the natural order - if millwall get promoted to the premier league with all the money that goes with ot, it’s a game changer in this area and that can’t be allowed to happen - I think the FIFA bloke was there to see what he could instigate to ensure it doesn’t happen but shouldn’t be necessary as the tail off has started 
    Wow 🤣 The tail off has started? Do you not think you’re getting a bit ahead of yourself? We’ve lost one in five. And four of those games were against top 6 sides, including the top two. 
  • Well if DOUCHER’s words haven’t guaranteed the scum Champions League success and complete domestic dominance within two seasons I don’t know what will 
    In about two seasons? So that should coincide with when Danish Dave said you’d be getting champions league football. Or has that plan been put on hold? 😉
  • Millwall’s run in, unfortunately, looks pretty good. They do better against the weaker sides in the division. They have 2 goal scoring strikers. I think they will make the playoffs. Millwall will have to hope that the confidence that the run in gives them will help in the playoffs against the stronger sides. The recent tail off in results were against the stronger sides in the championship, where they do less well. 
  • Well if DOUCHER’s words haven’t guaranteed the scum Champions League success and complete domestic dominance within two seasons I don’t know what will 
    In about two seasons? So that should coincide with when Danish Dave said you’d be getting champions league football. Or has that plan been put on hold? 😉
    You have had a real hard run of games with not much rest in-between with the high tempo & physical game you play it's definitely taking its toll 
     Reading is a must win they play tonight which will help you I do think if you don't get the win you can kiss goodbye to the playoffs 

There's still three years left of that five year plan - so still doable albeit qualifying for Champions League in three years rather than playing in it. That will be in year four from now.

Nurse! NURSE!! 
  • bobmunro said:
    Well if DOUCHER’s words haven’t guaranteed the scum Champions League success and complete domestic dominance within two seasons I don’t know what will 
    There's still three years left of that five year plan - so still doable albeit qualifying for Champions League in three years rather than playing in it. That will be in year four from now.

Nurse! NURSE!! 
    don't let them make this about us - they are on the slide and they know it - the only bit of interest now is whether palace can continue on their trajectory   
  • DOUCHER said:
    bobmunro said:
    Well if DOUCHER’s words haven’t guaranteed the scum Champions League success and complete domestic dominance within two seasons I don’t know what will 

Nurse! NURSE!! 
    don't let them make this about us - they are on the slide and they know it - the only bit of interest now is whether palace can continue on their trajectory   
    Nothing to see here Memes - Imgflip
  • Wall in the PL would be very funny but then I'm a Blackpool fan 
  • Sponsored links:

• It's bad enough seeing that palace are against man city at home while we are playing accrington Stanley at home. Can't be dealing with 'wall' as you call them getting up there an all. 
  • the displeasure of 'Wall getting promotion will barely last 3 months - the enriching schadenfreude of their subsequent season long humbling at the hands of their premier league betters will be much much longer
    I fear the conduct of the glory hunters that follow them on that tour may be unedifying in the extreme
  • edited March 2023
    "out The Blue" haha. Some mate said it recently to a bar maid down in west malling this to supposedly impress her and I laughed. Wtf are you talking about? Embarrassing. 

• Billy_Mix said:
    the displeasure of 'Wall getting promotion will barely last 3 months - the enriching schadenfreude of their subsequent season long humbling at the hands of their premier league betters will be much much longer
    I fear the conduct of the glory hunters that follow them on that tour may be unedifying in the extreme

I don't think glory hunter is the right term.

It's more an element of their support that are "hangers on" for the perceived rep/ kudos that supporting Millwall brings i.e. a bit edgy/ geezerish.

Person: "What you up to at the weekend Dave?" 

Dave 'Millwall' hanger on: "Going Wembley with Wall in I"

Person: "Oh, didn't think you still followed them as you've only been to 2 games since their last Wembley visit"

Dave 'Millwall; hanger on: "Yeah but I have 'MFC' in my twitter name and can't always get there cos of work n stuff
    Person: "Dave we work 9- 5 and the office isn't open on Saturdays".

Dave "Yeah but it's the cost n'all that"

Person: "Dave you said you paid £800 for that Stone Island coat you wear to work every day.  By the way why do you wear it at your desk? It's July and you're sweating".

Dave: "Yeah but those who know know. Don't expect a suburban type like you to get it mate".

Person:  Dave you live in Bexleyheath.

Dave: Yeah but my old man and his family are out the Blue and and mum's side from Walworth road. So I'm proper.

Person: Thought they moved to Erith in 82?

Dave: Yeah but we still have pie n mash every play off final eve and I once drove past Manzes on my way to Heathrow airport so still part of the manor innit.

Person: OK Dave, well good luck on Saturday and enjoy the football.

Dave: What football?  Oh yeah the game.  It'll go off no doubt as it's been brewing on twitter with the Reading fans who'll no doubt melt when they get on Wembley way. Fucking 2 bob mug c****s

Person: Come on Dave, we've spoken about that language in the office when you're talking about Millwall. Sheila has complained to HR a number of times and you had to write that apology for polluting her safe space.

Anyway, fair dos, please finish that spreadsheet by 4pm. Oh and please take that cap off when you're in the office. The directors keep asking if you're doing something for Comic Relief.

🤣👍🏻
  • Billy_Mix said:
    the displeasure of 'Wall getting promotion will barely last 3 months - the enriching schadenfreude of their subsequent season long humbling at the hands of their premier league betters will be much much longer

I don't think glory hunter is the right term.

It's more an element of their support that are "hangers on" for the perceived rep/ kudos that supporting Millwall brings i.e. a bit edgy/ geezerish.

Person: "What you up to at the weekend Dave?" 

Dave 'Millwall' hanger on: "Going Wembley with Wall in I"

Person: "Oh, didn't think you still followed them as you've only been to 2 games since their last Wembley visit"

Dave 'Millwall; hanger on: "Yeah but I have 'MFC' in my twitter name and can't always get there cos of work n stuff
    Person: "Dave we work 9- 5 and the office isn't open on Saturdays".

Dave "Yeah but it's the cost n'all that"

Person: "Dave you said you paid £800 for that Stone Island coat you wear to work every day.  By the way why do you wear it at your desk? It's July and you're sweating".

Dave: "Yeah but those who know know. Don't expect a suburban type like you to get it mate".

Person:  Dave you live in Bexleyheath.

Dave: Yeah but my old man and his family are out the Blue and and mum's side from Walworth road. So I'm proper.

Person: Thought they moved to Erith in 82?

Dave: Yeah but we still have pie n mash every play off final eve and I once drove past Manzes on my way to Heathrow airport so still part of the manor innit.

Person: OK Dave, well good luck on Saturday and enjoy the football.

Dave: What football?  Oh yeah the game.  It'll go off no doubt as it's been brewing on twitter with the Reading fans who'll no doubt melt when they get on Wembley way. Fucking 2 bob mug c****s

Person: Come on Dave, we've spoken about that language in the office when you're talking about Millwall. Sheila has complained to HR a number of times and you had to write that apology for polluting her safe space.

Anyway, fair dos, please finish that spreadsheet by 4pm. Oh and please take that cap off when you're in the office. The directors keep asking if you're doing something for Comic Relief.

👍 virtually a millwall bingo full house - good effort 👏
  • Oops,there back up into 6th 
  • strange they only had 12,500 last night thought they would be looking at 16+ at least
  • With the run in they have (got to play the bottom 3 & none of the top 6) I think they could make automatic promotion. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Look on the bright side, we could have 2 London derbies next season, Orient and QPR 😃
  • strange they only had 12,500 last night thought they would be looking at 16+ at least
    Perfectly understandable drop in numbers last night. Factors to consider are:

Swansea only brought 300.
    Bit nippy last night.
    On Sky Sports Red Button.
    Only playing a team languishing in 16th at the start of the night.
    Mothers Day on Sunday.
    Bit nippy ? Mother’s Day ? Presuming these are a joke ? 
    If that’s bum’s on seat’s it’s double what we are getting 
  • It’s done
    just accept it
    The scum are in the Premier league
    Arsenal are champions 
    spurs will grab 4th
    Orient are up
    palace and hammers survive
    we are the wankiest team in London apart from afc wombledon 

I have this mental picture of QPR reading this and saying "hold my pint"

All their local rivals are in the Prem, at least only one of ours is (so far)

Bit nippy last night.
    Mothers Day on Sunday.
    It was only 5 degrees with a SW-WSW wind chilling the cockles.

We loves our mums we do.

Bit nippy last night.
    Mothers Day on Sunday.
    It was only 5 degrees with a SW-WSW wind chilling the cockles.

We loves our mums we do.
    One of my favourite posters on here.
  • They won't go up best they can hope for is a trip to Wembley then get beat 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!