Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Charlton 14/2/2023 Valentine’s Lovers’ Special

12346»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2023
    For our goal we got bodies in the box and one of them was Fraser. After it we didn't. We talk about poor delivery but sometimes a cross looks poor because the pressure isn't there with numbers in the box. Put a couple of defenders on our lone striker and they aint winning it even if the cross is decent.

We saw with Liverpool v Everton and indeed Dortmund v Chelsea tonight that numbers in the box can catch you out but with all due respect to FGR, if we are going to not try hard for a second against them we are our own worst enemies.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Fraser has been an absolute standout almost all season. One bad game (and I'll admit it was a bad game for him) and people are back to talking absolute crap about him again I see. Him and Dobson have worked brilliantly as a two and at times in a three. A team built around those two could absolutely challenge at the top with the other parts upgraded 
    That's almost exactly my point.  Now of course Fraser might (probably) score more goals and get more assists with better players round him but I do believe that if we had much better other players he would be the one people would question his value.

Should he be one of the the first names on our team sheet?  Absolutely.

Does that say more about how good he is or how good we are?  That's the question.
  • Options
    If I was Albie I'd be quite pissed off to not even get on as sub in our last two games, considering how ineffective Fraser and Kilkenny have been 
    Albie has had plenty of chances and nearly everyone has come to understand he isn't a top level L1 player. 
    How can we assess Kilkenny unless we play him? 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Leuth said:
    Fraser has been an absolute standout almost all season. One bad game (and I'll admit it was a bad game for him) and people are back to talking absolute crap about him again I see. Him and Dobson have worked brilliantly as a two and at times in a three. A team built around those two could absolutely challenge at the top with the other parts upgraded 
    No chance, Fraser as said above is an average or slightly better than average L1 player. He would not have featured in Powell or Bowyer's promotion teams.
    He may have made the squads. 
  • Options
    If I was Albie I'd be quite pissed off to not even get on as sub in our last two games, considering how ineffective Fraser and Kilkenny have been 
    Albie has had plenty of chances and nearly everyone has come to understand he isn't a top level L1 player. 
    How can we assess Kilkenny unless we play him? 
    I wasn't saying he should start, but not to even come off the bench when we are allowed 5 subs and the midfield isn't playing well is odd. 

Fraser for example contributed very little in the second half, and doesn't have the best engine. Fresh legs for 20 minutes would surely have improved things.
  • Options
    Couple of things from recent games,

1) our crossing is by and large atrocious 

2) we allow other teams to cross far to easily

Sort it out Deano.
    Our crossing been like that for years .. set plays etc etc bloody awful 
  • Options
    Very impressed with Robbie Savage son he made a massive difference to FGR when he came in and his direct running from mid really gave us few issues … on loan from Man Utd one to keep an eye on 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    It will be interesting how we play against Derby. I doubt if we went one up they would play numbers behind the ball. I am not confident we can keep them out but I think there will be space behind them which might suit us more. Actually it will definitely suit us more. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
  • Options
    Lovely part of the country, absolutely gorgeous. 
    As for FGR, I wish them well, but it's a small non league club, stuck on top of a hill, that would take @ 30 mins to reach from Nailsworth. We got the 7pm bus up the hill and they had 1 fan at the bus stop, although a few more arrived just before the bus pulled up. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FGR have done a great job to be playing in league one. They seem to me to be a very well run club and unlike us are punching well above their weight.
  • Options
    FGR have done a great job to be playing in league one. They seem to me to be a very well run club and unlike us are punching well above their weight.
    Well above their weight, never met a fat vegan.
  • Options
    3 points was positive and for 20 minutes we looked like we would score Goals IF we had a serious Striker ?
    and we all know that Grinding out a result or winning Ugly is all part of a potentially good team’s continued improvement.
    BUT if we play like we did on Tuesday against Derby & Sheffield Wednesday I feel we will be stuffed 👎👎👎
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Couple of things from recent games,

1) our crossing is by and large atrocious 

2) we allow other teams to cross far to easily

Sort it out Deano.
    Our crossing been like that for years .. set plays etc etc bloody awful 

It's not so bad.

• Options
    edited February 2023
    shirty5 said:

With any luck they'll see that Bonne started it and they'll ban him until the end of the season.
  • Options
    My stream died near the end of the game so put Milan Spurs on - what happened?
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    My stream died near the end of the game so put Milan Spurs on - what happened?
    Handbags at full time. Weird really after such an innocous game
  • Options
    Forest Green Rovers have been warned and fined £3,500, while Charlton Athletic have been fined £2,500 after a mass confrontation which followed the completion of their EFL League One fixture on Tuesday 14 February.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/forest-green-and-charlton-charged-fa

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did we find out what the altercation between Holden and the Wednesday bench was about?