Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Charlton 14/2/2023 Valentine’s Lovers’ Special

Comments

• Options
    Loved Holden’s advice that our fans need to get on dating sites if that’s their choice of a Valentine’s night out. Says it all really!
  • Options
    Holden thanking Curbs for his advice before the game, why Curbs hasn’t been honoured with an official role at Charlton is criminal - he’s always at The Valley & cares.
    Yes, good to hear that. I get the impression that Curbs feels Holden is a decent appointment. Would be nice if Holden felt like he could lean on Curbs as some kind of mentor absent him being given any kind of official role.
  • Options
    Fun away trip almost spoiled by a terrible game of football.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    The midfield still isn't working as there never seems to be an outlet for the defence, who end up passing between each other and eventually getting caught out.

Sess played ok but positionally seemed to drift inside too much when he was playing as a left wingback, leaving space on the outside.

Chuks was powderpuff. He looked like someone playing at 70%, not wanting to get injured 
  • Options
    The midfield still isn't working as there never seems to be an outlet for the defence, who end up passing between each other and eventually getting caught out.

Sess played ok but positionally seemed to drift inside too much when he was playing as a left wingback, leaving space on the outside.

Chuks was powderpuff. He looked like someone playing at 70%, not wanting to get injured 
    He can’t run.  He’s okay at receiving the ball into feet, but he looks so stiff.  
  • Options
    Good first half but what happened in the 2nd??

All I kept hearing from the crowd was pass it forward, the goal is up the other end etc. We suddenly turned into playing Garnerball. 
    I feel sorry for our centre forwards (apart from Bonne who should never be allowed in the playing 11) as they get fuck all service. Why don’t they play to Aneke’s feet? 
  • Options
    I'm bored with keep playing these pre-season friendlies. When is the season proper going to start?
  • Options
    Wasn't there, didn't watch the stream & even Sky couldn't be bothered to show our goal. Is this what it had become supporting CAFC nowdays ?

I think we are safe from relegation but obviously way off top 6 in terms of points & playing style. Really can't be arsed with this season anymore. Looking forward to the summer rebuild (joke !) and all those shiney  new players we are going to sign. 

Automatics      0%
    Play offs           0%
    10th -16th        100%
    Relegation        0%
  • Options
    Stig said:
    I'm bored with keep playing these pre-season friendlies. When is the season proper going to start?
    Be patient we have to get everyone fully fit and squad that isn’t utter junk , the next two windows are crucial 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scott Carson was he our first player of the season on loan from somewhere anyone else ?
    We may have a palace player as our player of the season , great times 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Southbank said:
    On the other hand, 5 wins out of 7 is promotion form. Just saying.
    Title winning form, infact!
  • Options
    Now that was a spectacle. That game should be played until the end of time as the purest advert for league one football. Shite.

Always great to win and especially when it's sooooo bad, but, yeah....

Opening 15/ 20 from us, we were good, looked to get forward quick and used both wings well, scored a very well worked goal. FGR came into the game from the 20 minute mark and half time ended a more even match. 

Second half was the total opposite, belonged to Forest Green Rovers with them bombarding us for the last 20.  Under Seige. Savage coming on really turned the game in their favour but, somehow, they just couldn't score.

Kilkenny was involved a lot more, Aneke not. 

I might develop a bit of Leuthism for Hector.
  • Options
    Scott Carson was he our first player of the season on loan from somewhere anyone else ?
    We may have a palace player as our player of the season , great times 
    Got to be Dobson.
  • Options
    We were blown out from 30m mins on and then we just tried to ‘defend with the ball’,I.e pass it aimlessly around the back - once fgr pushed onto us we had no plan B - why do we never try and play off of our centre forward? It always has to go down the wing and then get crossed over aimlessly or ‘recycled’ back to the other wing - so boring 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    cabbles said:

He can’t run.  He’s okay at receiving the ball into feet, but he looks so stiff.  

I was pleased Aneke got through 70 minutes and I didn't expect instant sharpness, especially after his 5 minute injury recently.
    At his best he can get the ball at his feet and turn and run; we have to hope he can get back to that level, though it will probably be from the bench as in Chuks mind that is his best position. His record states that's when he scores. Chuks has to be cajoled into starting a match; I heard it was the rumour but hearing Jayden Stockley say that, turned it into a fact for me.
  • Options
    Don’t agree with the Hector comments of very good, decent and great game.

All he did was smash the ball upfield every time it came near him giving the ball back to the opposition.

He will obviously do a job for us but hoofing into row Z will not help us 
  • Options
    We look like exactly what we are; a mid table team with no hope of the play offs and full of players who are either unfit, nursing injuries (Aneke, Innis & Sess) or leaving at the end of the season.
    Broken record but this will continue every year until the ownership is sorted, the ground & SL are bought back from RD and the whole club is moving in the same direction.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

All he did was smash the ball upfield every time it came near him giving the ball back to the opposition.

They didnt score though....
  • Options
    Charlie Savage (20 in May ) had a few nice pings to him when he came on , looked a lot more of a player than his old man 
  • Options
    We seem to do well on counter attack football under Holden hence the reversal in away form, but struggle when we are the home/main possession side. Seems like the managers problem.
  • Options

That was down to their poor finishes, not any of our defenders, if they had a finisher in their team we would have lost 
  • Options

That was down to their poor finishes, not any of our defenders, if they had a finisher in their team we would have lost 
    So there were no blocks, no clearances etc?

Not defending the performance but we defended well enough to not concede even if we rode our luck at times.
  • Options

Can't remember when we weren't like this.
  • Options
    Rak Sakyi’s miss was appalling but he’s allowed that probably the only player worth watching at the moment 
    The kid is still learning but this is the frustrating side of his game. The amount of easy sitters he has missed this season must equal the goals he has scored