Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Hector (Page 11 - Signs a NEW one year deal)

1242526272830»

Comments

• Options
    He been one of our consistent performers this season , Jones looks a far better player alongside him and the way he directs and talks to the younger ones around him .. well worth another year 
  • Options
    agree he looks much better in the middle of a back 3 and when he's good, he's very good. 1 on 1 he's exceptional

however....I think he thinks he's too good for this level and at times has clearly tried to coast along and try stuff at the back that he can't get away with.

personally I'd keep him if we are going to continue with this formation as it suits him, I worry about him in a back 4
  • Options
    agree he looks much better in the middle of a back 3 and when he's good, he's very good. 1 on 1 he's exceptional

however....I think he thinks he's too good for this level and at times has clearly tried to coast along and try stuff at the back that he can't get away with.

personally I'd keep him if we are going to continue with this formation as it suits him, I worry about him in a back 4
    And thats the rub of it, are we going to change formation next season, and are we playing 5 at the back , just to make the defence a bit more solid , and get points on the board, and stay up,  as we have limited creativity, except balls over the top at the moment.

We need to be rock solid next season, with clean sheets aplenty , as well as create chances, if we are to be challenging the top 6.
  • Options
    Personally thought he was superb yesterday. If Jones can get this consistency out of him, then he should be kept. Better in a back 3/5 than 4. 
  • Options
    I also think he's one to keep, but only depending on on who may arrive, might be a tad too expensive if he ends up sitting on the bench.
  • Options
    He only plays well when his contract is due for renewal. 
  • Options
    Perhaps most importantly of all, I think Jones likes Hector. 
  • Options
    Trying not to be swayed by a decent performance against a poor Stevenage attack. Bigger picture is he has been a massive disappointment (and suspect poor value for money) this year. 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Fantastic one-on-one defender and really good reader of the game (for the level). Much of his distribution was him trying the killer pass when it wasn't really, or when he didn't quite have the ability to get it right. This resulted in a few great interceptions where he stepped up off the defensive line/where he won the ball one-on-one, but had the ball, and played a loose one away trying to set up what would be a good counter, but with the very low-percentage option.

If he won it and looked for the simple rather than killer ball - to, say, Dobson or Coventry or whoever would be ten yards in front of him - most of the time, I would be very happy.
    100% correct.
  • Options
    Trying not to be swayed by a decent performance against a poor Stevenage attack. Bigger picture is he has been a massive disappointment (and suspect poor value for money) this year. 
    Would this be a Stevenage attack featuring a guy who's 4 goals behind Alfie May, whom he completely pocketed? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Would this be a Stevenage attack featuring a guy who's 4 goals behind Alfie May, whom he completely pocketed? 
    Alex Gilbey once had a good game against Ipswich (not saying it’s Hectors only good game, but I get AFKAs point).
  • Options
    What a softie. We need to sign someone who knows the dark arts and how to wind up the opposition
  • Options
    edited April 21
    Got done for their goal far too easily yesterday.

Not that he was the most culpable.
  • Options
    Yesterday goal was down to Small got caught sleeping lost the winger and failed to stop the cross coming in .. Hector was again very good yesterday deserves another year. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:

He didn't get done, he went out to meet the bloke who slightly miscontrolled it only for Coventry to completely stuff up the tackle. He then spent the rest of the game dispossessing their forwards one on one
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Off_it said:

He didn't get done, he went out to meet the bloke who slightly miscontrolled it only for Coventry to completely stuff up the tackle. He then spent the rest of the game dispossessing their forwards one on one
    Oh come on - take those blinkers off for once!

I like the bloke. But their fella went past him far too easily for the goal.
  • Options
    He didn't go past him! That would require man and ball going past. He let the ball go across him, which took him into traffic (Coventry), who promptly played it straight back to him. Gillesphey was also favourite to get the block and didn't. I don't see how Hector did anything wrong; what's he meant to do, dive in and give away a penalty?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    He didn't go past him! That would require man and ball going past. He let the ball go across him, which took him into traffic (Coventry), who promptly played it straight back to him. Gillesphey was also favourite to get the block and didn't. I don't see how Hector did anything wrong; what's he meant to do, dive in and give away a penalty?
    Whatever you say mate. Hector can never do any wrong in your eyes, we get it. Not gonna argue with you about it.

The rest of us can see that Hector was picking up the goalscorer initially, he didn't notice that he'd dropped off and when he did he rushed out and the bloke easily took him out of the game by letting the ball run across him. 

Others were culpable too in what was yet another shit goal to concede, but to suggest there was no fault on Hector is just blinkered. Bizarrely so.

(You might also want to have a look at when their bloke hits the post from a yard out and see who the nearest person not picking him up was.)