Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Hector (Page 11 - Signs a NEW one year deal)

Comments

• Championship quality 😂😂😂

No no no, it's not heckenbauer, it's the midfield, it's not good enough, ya know, the one that has the league one versions of Makélélé and Griezmann.

• edited December 2023
    Reset the error counter and wheel out the Ryan Innis Briefcase of Excuses...
  • NabySarr said:
    Chunes said:
    It was obviously a poor clearance, but there were then probably at least 3 or 4 more errors that were equally bad or worse from other players before the ball went in. AMB and Edun were more at fault for starters, and we actually got the ball back after Hectors dodgy clearance and then lost it again before we conceded so not sure we can really blame Hector there. Other than that he was again one of our only players that put in an ok performance 
    Revving up those excuses there. 

Was a routine clearance that yet again he cannot do. But is apparently upper Championship material. Instead he's helping to throw games away in midtable League One with the rest of his mediocre teammates. 
  • NabySarr said:
    Chunes said:
    It was obviously a poor clearance, but there were then probably at least 3 or 4 more errors that were equally bad or worse from other players before the ball went in. AMB and Edun were more at fault for starters, and we actually got the ball back after Hectors dodgy clearance and then lost it again before we conceded so not sure we can really blame Hector there. Other than that he was again one of our only players that put in an ok performance 
    Revving up those excuses there. 

Was a routine clearance that yet again he cannot do. But is apparently upper Championship material. Instead he's helping to throw games away in midtable League One with the rest of his mediocre teammates. 
    No excuses there, it was a poor clearance. League 1 footballer makes mistake shock! As I said there were multiple other mistakes in that goal, at least Hector didn’t do much else wrong, can’t say the same for AMB, Edun and Fraser 
  • His squad number should be 75.

That's the number of minutes he plays before imploding.

My cat could have cleared that weak cross more effectively and I don't have a cat. 
  • Leuth said:
    Honestly, Chunes, this is totally unhinged. We got the ball back after his skied clearance. If you're pinning that goal on Hector then you probably need to spend a fortnight not thinking about football at all, it's pure confirmation bias 
    Never change, Leuthy!
  • Sponsored links:

• NabySarr said:
    Chunes said:
    That's definitely from the Ryan Innis box of excuses. 'He didn't do anything else wrong all game apart from directly contributing to the opposition scoring.'
    All I’m saying is that’s still a lot better than the others players who did a lot wrong all game and directly contributed to the opposition scoring. Hector is our best player at the moment based on the last month and again yesterday, other than Jones I don’t think anyone had a better game than he did 
    I wouldn't disagree that other players had their role in that goal, it was clear as day. But when a CB clears the ball into their own box, chaos usually ensues. And Hector has already used up two seasons worth of errors and we've got five months left of this one. 
  • NabySarr said:
    Chunes said:
    That's definitely from the Ryan Innis box of excuses. 'He didn't do anything else wrong all game apart from directly contributing to the opposition scoring.'
    All I’m saying is that’s still a lot better than the others players who did a lot wrong all game and directly contributed to the opposition scoring. Hector is our best player at the moment based on the last month and again yesterday, other than Jones I don’t think anyone had a better game than he did 
    That’s probably why we haven’t won a bloody match in the last month!
  • He has a habit of doing something stupid in the 2nd half of games. They usually lead to a goal. 
  • I see people are scoring him 2 or 2.5 in the player marks because he hit a dodgy clearance that they didn't even score directly from. This is simply the level of bias and slander I'm working against. Other players you can have, but Hector clearly cares, and has clearly improved - the level of scrutiny on him is absurd. Was he the one who flapped at the high ball, failed to put in even a tiny bit of a challenge in midfield despite being favourite for it (CBT can leave on Jan 1st as far as I care), commit to a ridiculous tackle or miss the ball (Jones, also otherwise good)? No, but you're still blaming him. I fucking hate it and I won't stop it with this
  • Leuth said:
    I see people are scoring him 2 or 2.5 in the player marks because he hit a dodgy clearance that they didn't even score directly from. This is simply the level of bias and slander I'm working against. Other players you can have, but Hector clearly cares, and has clearly improved - the level of scrutiny on him is absurd. Was he the one who flapped at the high ball, failed to put in even a tiny bit of a challenge in midfield despite being favourite for it (CBT can leave on Jan 1st as far as I care), commit to a ridiculous tackle or miss the ball (Jones, also otherwise good)? No, but you're still blaming him. I fucking hate it and I won't stop it with this
    I’m not certain you’re capable of being objective on this subject anymore!
  • Hector is a proper player , who 98% of the time is like baresi/maldini / Moore/Beckenbauer rolled in to one…. It’s just that 2% of complete and utter Charlton fucktardness that is sticking out too much cos he’s playing with some utter dross .
    he went up in my estimations yesterday with applauding the fans and not from a distance like others in the face of hostility and I can see him visibly trying to lift the players who were getting the ‘duh duh duh duh fucking useless’ chants aimed at them.

It's more than 2% be real. 

If he was 98% Beckenbauer he wouldn't be sitting midtable in League One failing to defend like a trained professional for a full 90 minute game. 
  • edited December 2023
    JamesSeed said:
    "Hec has been very consistent this year", yeah consistently costing us goals, just as his non-challenge cost us another goal yesterday.
    Even when he plays well, as he generally did yesterday, he is still prone to errors that lead to us conceding goals.
    Not good enough to deserve a new contract.
    Zzzzzzzzzzz
    So, you would give him a new contract and think that he's good enough for a team that is hoping for promotion?
    Yup. He’s played a big part a team that were champions of the Championship, not L1 play wannabes, and he’s only 31. Sure he was very rusty when he joined us because he sat on the bench for an entire Premiership season. 
    He’ll do for me, on recent form.  If he ballses it up regularly between now and the end of the season, however, then let him go.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2023
    Chunes said:
    But he didn’t. To directly contribute to the opposition you have the kick the ball directly to an opposition player who scores. 
    This desperation to exaggerate one mistake from our possibly only in form player is getting weird, sorry. 
  • edited December 2023
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    "Hec has been very consistent this year", yeah consistently costing us goals, just as his non-challenge cost us another goal yesterday.
    Even when he plays well, as he generally did yesterday, he is still prone to errors that lead to us conceding goals.
    Not good enough to deserve a new contract.
    Zzzzzzzzzzz
    So, you would give him a new contract and think that he's good enough for a team that is hoping for promotion?
    Yup. He’s played a big part a team that were champions of the Championship, not L1 play wannabes, and he’s only 31. Sure he was very rusty when he joined us because he sat on the bench for an entire Premiership season. 
    He’ll do for me, on recent form.  If he ballses it up regularly between now and the end of the season, however, then let him go.
    A big part? It was something like 4 or 5 league games in their season as champions wasn't it?

Edit - according to Wiki, 20 league games in their first promotion season in 19/20. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Wasn't great clearance, but anyone that has played football at a decent level, would also understand it wasn't as easy as it looks, a ball that bounces two foot or so in front of you, isn't the easiest to strike cleaning as the ball is on it's way up.. But he was leaning back, which makes it even harder.. 

Either way, AMB dealt with it, and the Fraser had a bit of time, CBT should have held the ball, and the Edun was beaten way to easily, then May left his man.. So you can pick holes in those guys as well.. 
    And even the dependable Jones failed to cut out the weak cross, literally a second before the goal. He waved his foot at the ball but missed it completely. 
    For what it’s worth I think Jones and Hector make a very decent CB pairing at this level. Get in another CB of higher quality, then of course that’s absolutely fine, but I’m not convinced we will. 
  • mendonca said:
    He has a habit of doing something stupid in the 2nd half of games. They usually lead to a goal. 
    I’d love to see a list. 
  • NabySarr said:
    Chunes said:
    Spot on Mr Sarr. 
  • I believe Hector has it in him to be a top six CB but lacks the desire, too comfy and expected to get a deal for more money from a club higher up the pyramid in the summer and settled for returning to us when that did not materialise.
  • ValleyBen said:
    I believe Hector has it in him to be a top six CB but lacks the desire, too comfy and expected to get a deal for more money from a club higher up the pyramid in the summer and settled for returning to us when that did not materialise.
    All professional footballers are the same, they all want to play at the highest level they can. We should know that better than most fans because it happens so often to us. Very few players stay at a club on lesser money because they love the club. If they do stay it tends to be because their family has settled in the area, kids at school; or the club offering more cash is going nowhere (ha) or in the wrong area. 
  • edited December 2023
    Croydon said:
    Did a mistake from Hector contribute to their goal? The answer is undoubtedly yes. Of course, other players could have done better afterwards but he still needs to be included in the blame.

If he was championship quality he'd be playing in the championship. It's as simple as that. Don't forget he spent the whole summer waiting for a better offer to come in and nothing did, so clearly the view of his loyal fan club on here is not shared by the wider footballing world 
    He signed for us in June??? 

The Hector exaggerations are now coming about off the pitch as well as on the pitch
  • Strangely my appreciation of Hector grew yesterday. He stood there at the end and took the stick from the fans and acknowledged it and accepted it. 
    Whilst I was foaming at the mouth screaming he stood there for what felt like longer and much closer to us than the others did. 
    Let’s see if it motivates him to not make the silly mistake