Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Hector (Page 11 - Signs a NEW one year deal)

Comments

• Options
    Neither Hector or Jones are good enough to start in a top six squad. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Anti Hector crew... Please look at Jones, now that is a liability of a defender... Hector's main errors have been getting caught on the ball. Just being able to head a ball, doesn't make a good defender these days..

We are missing him, that is for sure.. I know our defence wasn't the most organized, but now it has to be the worse I have ever seen. 
    It's quite clear Jones has fallen apart without Hector and I'm not a Hector fan.  
  • Options
    Hector talks to the defenders around him given the age of our defence when he not their it shows massively.. big big miss most likey more then any other player 
  • Options
    edited January 24
    How much better was our defence when Hector was in it...

Last 3 games with Hector
    Goals Conceded: 7

Last 3 games without Hector
  • Options
    edited January 24
    Chunes said:

Last 3 games with Hector

And that's it in a nutshell. Defence has been dreadful all season, all of them.
  • Options
    The most annoying thing for me is that Hector is definitely good enough in my eyes to be playing in a back 3 thanks to his creativity and it sums the whole farce up that we decided to play a back three the game after he got injured
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Last 3 games with Hector

That could be interpreted as Hector isn't the problem
  • Options
    edited January 24
    Chunes said:

Last 3 games with Hector

That could be interpreted as Hector isn't the problem
    But definitely not the solution. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s a yes for me. 
  • Options
    I was keen last summer for him to sign on for another season.

Now I’m keen for him to move onto pastures new, too inconsistent for me, was shocked he started yesterday, doesn’t feel me with confidence he could be part of a promotion winning squad, something has to give if we want to get promoted out of this division, if we keep doing the same thing, we’ll keep getting the same results.
  • Options
    I like Hector but I would probably let him go. He won’t be cheap and I think we need a new centre back to play in the middle of the back 3 that is a bit more dominant 
  • Options
    I’d let him go. Our defence needs major surgery this summer and we already have a couple of players under contract. Hector won’t be cheap and we really should be spending that budget on a much better calibre of centre back. 
  • Options
    Edmonds-Green and Gillesphey are sure to be involved next season

Both of whom have impressed me, and think are solid enough

We need one other starter, two in reserve with a third then someone like Ness (if he signs a new deal, we'll no doubt offer something for compensation) or Mitchell, who might be best loaning out again for a more established League Two loan if possible.

Jones - Hector - Thomas are then vying over the one starting role, and two reserve roles - Keep them all, and we can try and create a solid back line with Jones working with them over the summer.

I'd keep one of them, maybe two (think there is a case for all three), and try to get two new Centre-Backs that can challenge REG and Gillesphey
  • Options
    I was keen last summer for him to sign on for another season.

Now I’m keen for him to move onto pastures new, too inconsistent for me, was shocked he started yesterday, doesn’t feel me with confidence he could be part of a promotion winning squad, something has to give if we want to get promoted out of this division, if we keep doing the same thing, we’ll keep getting the same results.
    Clear MotM yesterday, to be fair to him, although there wasn’t much competition. 
    I think he started badly with us, making mistakes in consecutive games, but had improved a lot before his injury. And he had a good game yesterday against a confident Exeter side who had a few player who are better than ours, based on yesterday’s performance.
    But I do agree that he can switch off at times. And I’m not 100% convinced about Jones either. He’s great in the air, but struggles against sides he keep the ball on the ground. 
    REG seems ok. Gillesphey I’m not sure about. 
    It’s very difficult to know who we should keep and who we should let go, based on what we’ve seen so far this season. If they want to stay at Charlton they’re going to have to play well in the remaining games. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is REG, Hector, and Gillesphey a promotion winning back 3? Maybe if motivated and well coached. It’d certainly be one one of the best back 3s for ability on the ball. Is it well suited to the aerial bombardment you get subjected to some weeks? I’m less certain of that. If we could find a player similar to Innis but with smaller turning circle and without the psychotic episodes they could be a good addition. 

Hector’s ability isn’t where the question mark lies with him, it’s his motivation. If he’s really up for up it under NJ then it’s a yes from me, but if it’s all a bit half hearted as thing seemed under the last two managers then I think it’s regretful but we should probably move on.

NJ won’t want any passengers so have to trust he will be ruthless where it’s needed. 
  • Options
    I would only have Hector involved as a backup option with his wage reflective of this. Was shocked he started yesterday, looked very casual at times and feel like he's another one who's underperformed this season. No chance he was MOM yesterday but to be fair none of them should have been anywhere near it.
  • Options
    I'm sure it's a lack of orgamisation rather than individual ability that's caused our central defensive problems this season, and to be fair it wasn't great before that. We've got to trust NJ to get it right and Hector's playing for a new contract, so let's hope we see the best, rather than the worst of him in these last few games.
  • Options
    A promotion winning team is going to need a defence that regularly keeps clean sheets. Even with Jones having been in the building for a while now there is really only a marginal improvement in our defensive displays. That has to be a worry and throws up question marks against every defender on the books. We can’t replace all of them but seeing where the axe needs and must fall looks to me to be quite difficult. There are argument for and against all of them with the possible exception of Small who must be retained at all costs. 
  • Options
    A right back who can stop crosses coming in, surely is a must.
  • Options
    I’d imagine he’ll need to trim his wages to stay.

• Options
    Shrew said:
    A right back who can stop crosses coming in, surely is a must.
    Centre backs and a goalkeeper that can actually deal with crosses might be helpful.