Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Hector (Page 11 - Signs a NEW one year deal)

Comments

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Guc6vAnYHmE

ROOMIES | Corey Blackett-Taylor v Michael Hector

• Scoham said:
    Hopefully it really is something minor as we really don't want to be heading into the season with both first choice CBs behind on fitness...
  • What's happened with Hector? He was meant to be our man this year (lucky he came to L1 etc etc). But he's not started a league game yet.
  • https://x.com/big_hec35/status/1691729863667753374?s=46&t=mEmS51nyCqmemhJshcDkBA

Pretty poor from Hector this. I know he’s only joking but as an experienced player he should know better than to say that on Twitter 
  • I dunno - thought it was pretty funny personally! Don’t need to take it too seriously.
    Oh I am sure some will DNS.
  • NabySarr said:
    https://x.com/big_hec35/status/1691729863667753374?s=46&t=mEmS51nyCqmemhJshcDkBA

Pretty poor from Hector this. I know he’s only joking but as an experienced player he should know better than to say that on Twitter 
    Say what? Can’t see anything disparaging, disrespectful or controversial in what he’s said. 
  • NabySarr said:
    https://x.com/big_hec35/status/1691729863667753374?s=46&t=mEmS51nyCqmemhJshcDkBA

say what

• NabySarr said:

Doesn't bode well this. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Anybody know what has caused a decline in application, focus and leadership over the Summer? 

Is it the Watson, Gunter, Arter factor of hitting a certain age and having a contract, while near home life?

• edited September 2023
    I watched him closely during the final game of last season where he seemed to be a real leader, organising the defence, talking to everyone. I haven't noticed that so much this year until the second half yesterday, when, until that almost disastrous error and foul in the 99th minute, he did seem closer to what we saw last season. 

Really not sure what's happened but I hope a new manager can get to the bottom of it as with a team as young as we have, he will have an important role to play.
  • Charlton had to make a decision on their big CB's They chose Hector over Inniss as the rock as they felt one of the younger CB probably Ness would step up and continue his decent form from last season. Plus Jones, Mitchell, Deji, Thomas were in the mix.

Unfortunately Hector who took a time out before doesn't appear to be the Rock at the moment.

The spine of the team is so important and both the keeper position and CB is not at  the required level at present. 
  • Personally, I’m not sure he’s that different to last season. Think he was overrated by a lot of people. We’ve had worse, but he’s another one who wouldn’t get into previous teams we’ve got promoted from league one with. Hopefully he’ll improve with a consistent run in the team. All defences need game time together to build an understanding and, for whatever reason, only Asimwe has, so far, been consistently selected. 
  • Charlton had to make a decision on their big CB's They chose Hector over Inniss as the rock as they felt one of the younger CB probably Ness would step up and continue his decent form from last season. Plus Jones, Mitchell, Deji, Thomas were in the mix.

Unfortunately Hector who took a time out before doesn't appear to be the Rock at the moment.

The spine of the team is so important and both the keeper position and CB is not at  the required level at present. 
    Innis was better than Hector but unfortunately a liability due to his continual suspensions ( and injuries in previous seasons).
  • Apart from Inniss’s appalling disciplinary record he was a far better player than Hector.

A leader of men, and a definite threat in the opposing penalty area.

We should have kept him.
  • Personally, I’m not sure he’s that different to last season. Think he was overrated by a lot of people. We’ve had worse, but he’s another one who wouldn’t get into previous teams we’ve got promoted from league one with. Hopefully he’ll improve with a consistent run in the team. All defences need game time together to build an understanding and, for whatever reason, only Asimwe has, so far, been consistently selected. 
    The Hector that played for Fulham in 2020 would easily have got in our last two promotion teams and every team we have had since we got relegated from the prem.

Now if that player still exists or not is a different question but you would expect him to have got better, not worse, after a preseason.
  • Personally I don't think he started the season fit enough. I think he will be a decent player for us and he is a key defender given his experience. Having said that, I don't know why he wouldn't have been fit enough. 
  • Sponsored links:

• to me it looks like he was after a Championship gig and the wages that goes with that but had to settle for us and lesser wages. Doesn't look like he wants to be here really so can't be arsed.
  • Both Hector and Edun were very poor for their goal on Saturday. Edun gave their winger acres of space and time for the cross and Hector made no attempt to jump for the ball which went straight to Stockly for the goal. Both Hector and Edun need to up their game big time. 
  • Strangely doesn't seem to actually be in the Jamaica squad despite Wigan being postponed because he is... 
  • fenaddick said:
    Strangely doesn't seem to actually be in the Jamaica squad despite Wigan being postponed because he is... 
    Isn't that the same as when MacGillivray wasn't in the actual Scottish squad last season?
  • Interested to hear people's thoughts. A really classy defender who had a great game - other than a calamitous error (again). Can you start a CB who at the moment gives away a dogs dinner of a goal every 3 games he plays? I'd be tempted to stick with with him, because maybe a run of games might iron it out, but Ness was excellent too today. Discuss. 
  • Interested to hear people's thoughts. A really classy defender who had a great game - other than a calamitous error (again). Can you start a CB who at the moment gives away a dogs dinner of a goal every 3 games he plays? I'd be tempted to stick with with him, because maybe a run of games might iron it out, but Ness was excellent too today. Discuss. 
    A defender who costs you a goal is the worst type of defender there is. If Innis made that mistake people would be reaching for the pitchforks 
  • He's reminding me of Matthews. Can look good in the moments where he feels up for it, but the general lack of appetite shows. 

• This one is from the official Jamaica account and from this month.
  • Chunes said:
    He's reminding me of Matthews. Can look good in the moments where he feels up for it, but the general lack of appetite shows. 
    Unfair on Hector - he clearly tries, but his languid style can get him in trouble. Matthews was a shirker
  • Croydon said:
    Interested to hear people's thoughts. A really classy defender who had a great game - other than a calamitous error (again). Can you start a CB who at the moment gives away a dogs dinner of a goal every 3 games he plays? I'd be tempted to stick with with him, because maybe a run of games might iron it out, but Ness was excellent too today. Discuss. 
    A defender who costs you a goal is the worst type of defender there is. If Innis made that mistake people would be reaching for the pitchforks 
    Totally agree. He has far too many lapses of concentration every game he plays, as does Thomas.
    They will cost us goals/games/any chance of promotion, if they continue in the side.