Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peterborough United vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 21st January 2023 | Match Preview - GAME OFF

Comments

• Options
    Son and his mates turned around and got off to go to Stevenage v Orient instead. At least they should see a half decent top of table match.
    I think that's sold out 

Indeed it is.  He just FaceTimed me and they’re watching it through the turnstiles! 2 goals in 10 min!
  • Options
    He also had this to say re the Fraser tweet, but as someone replied, he's got form with social media disinfo.

• Options
    Seems I was wrong to put some blame towards our comms team. Looks like a massive fuck up by Peterborough.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Gribbo said:
    SDAddick said:
    OK, so the real crime here is not finding a new venue. We've got a garden in Herts. We've got a local park where someone walked their dog. I know a couple of parks in Norwich that get some sun so should be fine. WHY DIDN'T THE POSH THINK OF THIS SOONER?!?!?! 
    The green out the front of ours in sunny Reigate is nice and moist and I can run the Flymo over it in 20 minutes -

And I'll just say that our back garden here in Springfield, OR is a little muddy, but they could still play on it. 

So we're up to, what, six venues now? 
    Springfield you say.
    Nice to hear from you Homer 
  • Options
    He also had this to say re the Fraser tweet, but as someone replied, he's got form with social media disinfo.

Have I missed something with the Fraser tweets? 
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    I am working and couldn't go but I demand £100 compensation from Posh, for the inconvenience they have caused me.
    Me too - also an extra £50 compo to make up for having to read the whining and blame game on here.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    At the very minimum he needs to lay on free travel for the rearranged fixture.
    B@llocks to that I want a free bar
  • Options

Have I missed something with the Fraser tweets? 
    Random Twitter account linked Fraser to Peterborough. Some Charlton fans got aggy about it. Don’t know why, they crop up every window.
  • Options
    Seems I was wrong to put some blame towards our comms team. Looks like a massive fuck up by Peterborough.
    Perhaps a lesson in life to try and be objective and wait until the full information is out before jumping to conclusions. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How do you get your money back for tickets? A ticket refund is the very least to ask for. I expect the significant cost of travel expenses won't be refunded. Lunacy from all the head staff at Peterborough. They should be ashamed and do the right thing by refunding tickets. Please advise.
  • Options
    PragueAddick said:
    I’d expect something like free coach travel to the away fixture for any existing ticket holders. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    One positive.. we are still 0-0... ;)
  • Options
    Fucks sake - I’m in the barge bar on the river in Peterborough - had a fab day so far 😡
    The one just by the police station?  Surprising lack of lairy youth there when we went.
    Maybe they thought you were Palace Ultras?
  • Options
    Can we all just cut people a bit of slack?

Folk are angry & they’re lashing out verbally. It’s the virtual equivalent of going home and kicking the cat.

Do we really have to make them feel worse by pointing out they’re blaming the wrong people? Not really going to make them feel better is it, when they’re out of pocket with feck all to show for it.
  • Options
    Perhaps a lesson in life to try and be objective and wait until the full information is out before jumping to conclusions. 
    Where's the fun in that?
  • Options
    I'm in Herts. It has been really sunny which has thawed out the grass. Not that far from Peterborough.
    So am I, the ground is like concrete and the fishing lake by my house has been completely frozen over for days.
  • Options
    Where's the fun in that?
    This... now is not the time for realism or logic, Peterborough cocked up big time, end of..
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    I'm in Herts. It has been really sunny which has thawed out the grass. Not that far from Peterborough.
    So am I, the ground is like concrete and the fishing lake by my house has been completely frozen over for days.
    When you say "the ground is like concrete", is it actually concrete?
    ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2023
    How do you get your money back for tickets? A ticket refund is the very least to ask for. I expect the significant cost of travel expenses won't be refunded. Lunacy from all the head staff at Peterborough. They should be ashamed and do the right thing by refunding tickets. Please advise.
    @Karim_myBagheri You’ll have to wait until the revised date of the fixture is announced and if you can’t make it the club will refund the money as I can confirm they have done for the Morecambe fixture.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Any sign of Lee Bowyer lately?
  • Options

Folk are angry & they’re lashing out verbally. It’s the virtual equivalent of going home and kicking the cat.

Do we really have to make them feel worse by pointing out they’re blaming the wrong people? Not really going to make them feel better is it, when they’re out of pocket with feck all to show for it.
    "Kicking the cat" is sooooooo yesterday, its know as "doing a Zouma" now!
     :) 
  • Options
    Gonna be an investigation from Peterborough

https://www.theposh.com/news/club-investigate-postponement
    Blinding, so they are gonna investigate themselves, well that should be transparent ...not!!  🙄
  • Options

Blinding, so they are gonna investigate themselves, well that should be transparent ...not!!  🙄
    Where’s Sue Grey there days? 😉
  • Options

So the Charlton comms team should cop the blame when they’ve done fuck all wrong. Sounds fair…..

If you’re gonna publicly vent on a social media platform, at least direct it in the right way.
    No, just let them vent…………I doubt anyone in the comms department are going to take any blooming notice of a few disgruntled fans gobbling off when they’re quite rightly angry.
  • Options

Keep em peeled