Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peterborough United vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 21st January 2023 | Match Preview - GAME OFF

Comments

• Fucks sake - I’m in the barge bar on the river in Peterborough - had a fab day so far 😡
  • Surely they knew about the frost this morning it not just sneaked up in them .. we might have a few injuries back 
  • Ridiculous. It's as if they assumed everything would be ok, and got caught out. Bristol Rovers called off their game yesterday.

Gutted for the Charlton fans who've gone up there for nothing. I'm lucky as I decided to skip this, and am on my way to Bromley for a first game there 
  • FFS!!! 
  • Ridiculous. It's as if they assumed everything would be ok, and got caught out. Bristol Rovers called off their game yesterday.

Gutted for the Charlton fans who've gone up there for nothing. I'm lucky as I decided to skip this, and am on my way to Bromley for a first game there 
    The advantage of an artificial pitch.
  • Tin pot club
  • Disgraceful, sitting in Subway some fans just told us.
  • Sponsored links:

As did Morecambe.

Remember our game against Bristol Rovers when we had a pitch inspection in the morning, and how many posters on here were having a meltdown bemoaning it as a product of the behind the scenes management of the club.
  • Both clubs should be ashamed. Not difficult to Tweet saying pitch inspection will be taking place. Absolute shambles.
  • Gutted for those that went up. What a shit show
  • Only solace….. they get to leave that disaster of a place early. 
  • Both clubs should be ashamed. Not difficult to Tweet saying pitch inspection will be taking place. Absolute shambles.
    How is this at all Charlton’s fault. Peterborough were saying there was no need for a pitch inspection yesterday.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/peterborough-united-confident-the-charlton-athletic-match-will-go-ahead-3993026
    So you don't think our Comms team should've posted about a pitch inspection being needed?
    How is this at all Charlton’s fault. Peterborough were saying there was no need for a pitch inspection yesterday.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/peterborough-united-confident-the-charlton-athletic-match-will-go-ahead-3993026
    Agree. In these situations the communication has to be lead by the home club and the away side retweets/communicates what the home side has. Embarrassing from Peterborough. 

Weirdly though, it’s not actually that cold and certainly no colder than people anticipated so how on earth could they have gone from confident to it being off?
  • CHG said:
    Only solace….. they get to leave that disaster of a place early. 
    For the coach travellers yes. For the train people depends on what type of ticket you have 
  • Sponsored links:

• Fraser will be relieved, he was heartbroken at having his dream move to Peterboro snuffed out this week. 
  • Pretty poor on Posh there. Should give us the points if they can't sort their pitch out today. I was walking my dog this morning in local park and could have played on that!
  • Pretty poor on Posh there. Should give us the points if they can't sort their pitch out today. I was walking my dog this morning in local park and could have played on that!
    Not sure where you are but I am working at my wife's nursery today and spotted a few weeds in the vegetable boxes, picked up a hand trowel and stuck it in and nearly damaged my wrist, the soil was like concrete.  
  • So far my lad has done 3 away trips.  V Lincoln, lost 2-1; v Ipswich, battered 4-0, Peterborough game off.
  • I'm in Herts. It has been really sunny which has thawed out the grass. Not that far from Peterborough.
  • Are they missing any key players? 
    I would not put it past them to have “accidentally” forgotten to switch the lamps on.
    Was that local park in Peterborough?
  • Just parked up near the ground. Very friendly Peterborough fan apologising on behalf of his club…