Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peterborough United vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 21st January 2023 | Match Preview - GAME OFF

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    Pisses me right off.

Last minute decision by me to take my boy to this game, we went from Kings Cross and bought our train tickets at 12.20 for the 12.45 train.  No match tickets as we were going to buy on the door. 

£40 wasted and needlessly as if I knew there were pitch inspections even as late as midday I wouldn't have bothered.

Not only out of pocket but as we didn't have match tickets we won't even get any offer of free travel for the rearranged game.  Ggrr.
    I would suspect although could be wrong when tickets go back on sale that if you asked for a coach ticket they wouldn’t make the distinction between prior purchase or not - Peterborough’s offer of upto 30 coaches was assuming all tickets sold at that point came by coach - I certainly didn’t and neither did my step dad so you can have our two spaces on one of the 30 coaches if they materialise 
  • Options
    Jon_CAFC_ said:
    Pisses me right off.

Last minute decision by me to take my boy to this game, we went from Kings Cross and bought our train tickets at 12.20 for the 12.45 train.  No match tickets as we were going to buy on the door. 

£40 wasted and needlessly as if I knew there were pitch inspections even as late as midday I wouldn't have bothered.

Not only out of pocket but as we didn't have match tickets we won't even get any offer of free travel for the rearranged game.  Ggrr.
    I would suspect although could be wrong when tickets go back on sale that if you asked for a coach ticket they wouldn’t make the distinction between prior purchase or not - Peterborough’s offer of upto 30 coaches was assuming all tickets sold at that point came by coach - I certainly didn’t and neither did my step dad so you can have our two spaces on one of the 30 coaches if they materialise 
    Zero chance of ten coaches, never mind 30.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Pisses me right off.

Exactly why no information was released.
  • Options
    Pisses me right off.

To support the rail line?
  • Options

Charlton will now visit Peterborough United on Tuesday, February 28th (7.45pm KO GMT).

The Sky Bet League One fixture was initially set to take place on Saturday, January 21st but was postponed at late notice after the referee deemed the Weston Homes Stadium playing surface unplayable.

Tickets purchased for the original fixture remain valid for the rearranged date, while supporters unable to make the new date can claim a refund by contacting the Ticket Office on 03330 14 44 44 or emailing tickets@cafc.co.uk.

Meanwhile, fans who purchased a CharltonTV match pass for the original fixture will receive a voucher code for the new date.

Peterborough are providing free coach travel for away supporters as a gesture of goodwill.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/peterborough-date-confirmed

• Options
    Pisses me right off.

That doesn’t make sense 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Pisses me right off.

To support the rail line?
    Darragh's in cahoots with Network Rail and LNER...
  • Options
    Pisses me right off.

That doesn’t make sense 
    Of course it makes sense. 
    If Posh had said the match was doubtful a number of fans would not have travelled and bought a ticket. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Pisses me right off.

That doesn’t make sense 
    If Posh had said the match was doubtful a number of fans would not have travelled and bought a ticket. 
    As a whole, yes that's likely true. You only have to read @Nicholas 's post on page 9 to see an example of a Charlton who got screwed buying a match ticket that same afternoon.

But the post AB quoted didn't involve purchasing any match tickets so Peterborough didn't benefit in this case. Seemed a weird one to quote to make the point, that's all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Pisses me right off.

That doesn’t make sense 
    As a whole, yes that's likely true. You only have to read @Nicholas 's post on page 9 to see an example of a Charlton who got screwed buying a match ticket that same afternoon.

But the post AB quoted didn't involve purchasing any match tickets so Peterborough didn't benefit in this case. Seemed a weird one to quote to make the point, that's all.
    The point is that as long as there is any chance of the game going ahead clubs will be reluctant to disclose doubt, because they know some (mostly home) fans will then not travel just in case.

Whether the poster in this case actually bought tickets is irrelevant - the aim is not to discourage them in case the game goes ahead. Once it’s called off, the tactic has no benefit. People can get refunds anyway.
  • Options
    Pisses me right off.

That doesn’t make sense 

The point is that as long as there is any chance of the game going ahead clubs will be reluctant to disclose doubt, because they know some (mostly home) fans will then not travel just in case.

Whether the poster in this case actually bought tickets is irrelevant - the aim is not to discourage them in case the game goes ahead. Once it’s called off, the tactic has no benefit. People can get refunds anyway.
     for those that shelled out money for petrol/train tickets/parking/hotels/drink and food they wont get nothing back. yeah he can get his tickets refunded but thats it. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Pisses me right off.

That doesn’t make sense 

for those that shelled out money for petrol/train tickets/parking/hotels/drink and food they wont get nothing back. yeah he can get his tickets refunded but thats it. 
    Yes - I’m talking about the club’s perspective which is what informs the comms position.

The club does not benefit from the secrecy once the game is off because they have to refund ticket money if requested (by law).

The scenario they are trying to avoid is reducing their income by admitting the game is in doubt, putting some people off, and then it going ahead.

• Options
    edited February 2023

BUMP

It's a month later than planned. 

Dazzler says P'boro 0-2 Charlton

Bonne scores a hatrick, however the last is incorrectly disallowed for being offside, first two are allowed despite being offside.