Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2023

Comments

• Options
    India need to win 3-1 to guarantee their place in the world test championships...
  • Options
    could we finally see a 5-0 drubbing of the aussies this summer?
  • Options
    Kind of brutal how as NZ's golden age wanes, they'll clearly be reduced to an absolute shell of a side which the bigger nations bully remorselessly. Not much coming through at the younger levels
  • Options
    Stuck in Malaysia at the moment.Put us up in hotel last night and tonight but Tuesday night dont know whats happening.One of the guys staying in the hotel saying that theres an Emirates flying out of Dubai later tonight to Auckland.He has a friend flying out later tonight.Theres flights flying to Australia from Auckland tomorrow but until we hear from Malaysian airlines where stuck here. 
  • Options
    For breakfast? I can recommend a decent rehab clinic
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Have you stayed there?
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Leuth said:
    Have you stayed there?
    It took two months to wean him off Nabby. 

• Options
    Eoin Morgan retires from professional cricket. Thanks for everything Eoin and enjoy your retirement!
  • Options
    Why, because they didn't deal with spin in India?

We've still got to get Smith and Labuschagne out cheaply etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why, because they didn't deal with spin in India?

We've still got to get Smith and Labuschagne out cheaply etc.
    Hopefully Smith will be Sussexized by his spell in Hove
  • Options
    Where can we watch the NZ series then guys ?  Dont think it's on Sky.....is it on C4 or have the ECB sold out to Amazon like the EPL did. 
  • Options
    Won't be down to the ECB, it's an away series, it'll be whoever NZ have sold the rights to
  • Options
    Where can we watch the NZ series then guys ?  Dont think it's on Sky.....is it on C4 or have the ECB sold out to Amazon like the EPL did. 
    On BT Sport. Not that the time zone is exactly convenient  :D
  • Options
    Sold out to Amazon = bad because you don't have it

Sold it to sky = OK because you do? 
  • Options
    Damn. I have both Sky & Amazon Prime. BT Sport I can pay £10pm via one of the kids EE accounts. First test kicks off at 1am thought so might give that one a miss  🙂
  • Options
    Damn. I have both Sky & Amazon Prime. BT Sport I can pay £10pm via one of the kids EE accounts. First test kicks off at 1am thought so might give that one a miss  🙂
    It's hardly the sort of series TV companies will be fighting over, being overnight. Plus there's the cyclone...
  • Options
    I’d be very surprised if the Test started on Thursday given that the whole area is under a state of emergency at the moment - heavy rain and wild winds
  • Options
    It's hardly the sort of series TV companies will be fighting over, being overnight. Plus there's the cyclone...
    It's also a "friendly" series, outside the World Test Championship. Hopefully WTC series will have more cachet in future and all those series will be televised and optimised for away team consumption. 
  • Options
    The 1st Test is also a day night Test, making it worse for the UK audience. 

The 2nd Test, starting at a normal time, starts at 10pm UK time, so at least the first session is watchable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As an early riser, not unhappy with the day night stuff! 
  • Options
    The pitch is dry and ready to go.  It’s been a fine day today in Mt Maunganui with the possibility of the odd shower tomorrow (match day).  Remarkable really given the sheer devastation up and down the east coast and up north.
  • Options
    It will be interesting how Duckett copes opening in seam friendly conditions. A very different test to opening against spinners on the subcontinent 
  • Options
    Ben Stokes said yesterday he hopes to lose the toss!  Probably joking.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Ben Stokes said yesterday he hopes to lose the toss!  Probably joking.
    I think winning the toss in a day/night match is a hospital pass.  I don't think he was joking. 

England bat first scored 350 in the first 50 overs then skittle them under the lights...

You don't want to start your innings under lights.
  • Options
    NZ won the toss and elected to field.

The teams stood to attention, as did the crowd, to remember those who lost their lives during Cyclone Gabrielle and the thousands left homeless.

We’re underway.  Southee to open the bowling and Crawley edges through the slips for 2.  Four slips and a gulley.
  • Options
    First ball from the left arm seamer Wagner to Crawley was an absolute beauty and bowled him all ends up between bat and bat.  No ball. Phew.