Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2023

Comments

• Options
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of Victory. England have too many brainless cricketers in ODI side at the moment
  • Options
    Oops
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    When you go 5 down with less than 80 runs to get, plus 16 overs to get them, you'll need a serious collapse to fall as short as that England team has done... to not even be close to seeing out the 50 overs is a bit of a crime IMO. Oh dear.
  • Options
    SA fast-bowling attack as good as it gets tbf, but yeah that's a bad one
  • Options
    Threw that away. As soon as Butler was out that was the end. Didnt have our best 11 out there but even so, chasing less than 100 with 1/3 of the overs left & 5 wickets in hand should not really be a'problem. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Sorry all my fault. I found I had a £10 free bet.
    Eng were something like 180-1
    Roy was 100 odd not out. 
    Eng were 2/7 & SA 8/1.
    I backed Eng to win with less than 5.5 wickets down at evens. 

Roy was out 2 seconds after I clicked place bet and you know the rest. 
  • Options
    Yorkshire batting monster is monstering
  • Options
    YEAH SORRY ABOUT THAT
  • Options
    Yellow card for Leuth.
  • Options
    Stone has got De Kock out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    During commentary this morning the comms team got talking about Archer and what he has been doing to aid his recuperation following his several operations.
    Evidently he has been spending a great deal of his time at his home in Barbados where he has bought five Pitbull Terrier’s.
    Having heard that, I have to say he gets 0-10 from me, who would want one of those nutty bastards let alone five.
    I think that’s very weird…..IMHO almost psychotic! 🧐
    No opinions?
  • Options
    During commentary this morning the comms team got talking about Archer and what he has been doing to aid his recuperation following his several operations.
    Evidently he has been spending a great deal of his time at his home in Barbados where he has bought five Pitbull Terrier’s.
    Having heard that, I have to say he gets 0-10 from me, who would want one of those nutty bastards let alone five.
    No opinions?

My opinion is that the commentary teams are generally very good, but sometimes slip into areas they don't know much about
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    No opinions?

My opinion is that the commentary teams are generally very good, but sometimes slip into areas they don't know much about
    You can see plenty of photos of him posing with them, plus a number of articles…..just do a search Chizz.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    No opinions?

You can see plenty of photos of him posing with them, plus a number of articles…..just do a search Chizz.
    Yes, I am sure.  But my point is that the commentary teams are really enlightening and interesting when they talk about stuff on which they have expertise, but don't shed much light on other areas.  Like player's pets.  
  • Options
    No opinions?
    opinions on man having dogs ?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    No opinions?
    Ermmm…….on a man having five Pit Bulls, it’s an accident waiting to happen.
    Maybe you don’t know that they are responsible for many deaths and shocking attacks each year (many of them children), in The US alone…..I think it was around 30 deaths last year.
    They are banned in quite a few countries including The UK.
    The Kennel Club do not recognise them as a legitimate breed.
    As I say, who’d want one, let alone five???
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    No opinions?
    Ermmm…….on a man having five Pit Bulls, it’s an accident waiting to happen.
    Maybe you don’t know that they are responsible for many deaths and shocking attacks each year (many of them children), in The US alone…..I think it was around 30 deaths last year.
    They are banned in quite a few countries including The UK.
    The Kennel Club do not recognise them as a legitimate breed.
    As I say, who’d want one, let alone five???
    His dogs seem to be the only thing that hasn't caused him injuries so far. 
  • Options
    Just noticed this is in 'Not Sports Related' ffs, took me a while to find.

Anyway, as one door opens (Roy is rubbish again), another closes (Malan in god mode)
  • Options
    Will AA post???
  • Options
    I see this match is being played at The Oval (Kimberley). Should have picked Ollie Pope and told him it was his home ground.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Marvellous having a world class quick and a world class leggie to clean the tail up. 
  • Options
    I just hope Jofra can stay fit , because when he's on song there's few better things than watching him bowl. Would hate for him to break down again before The Ashes 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    To me he's a world class white ball bowler, but less effective in Test cricket as his pace tends to drop off and he doesn't have the "red ball" skills of English seam and swing bowlers.

Mark Wood seems better at coming back for spell after spell at top speed.
  • Options
    To me he's a world class white ball bowler, but less effective in Test cricket as his pace tends to drop off and he doesn't have the "red ball" skills of English seam and swing bowlers.

I think Archer can bowl consistently fast in test cricket just as Wood can.Root bowled Archer into the ground in the last home Ashes series using him in longer spells.If used like Wood I would argue that his red ball skills were better. 
    I could see him and Wood being alternated in the summer. 
    Anderson,Broad,Robinson,Wood,Archer,Stone and Potts is a decent group to choose from 
  • Options
    Absolutely agree that's a great group of seamers to choose from. Can rotate Wood and Archer and I wouldn't expect Broad to play all 5 either. 

Spin is probably the bigger question - Leach or Rehan Ahmed? 
  • Options
    lolwray said:

I think Archer can bowl consistently fast in test cricket just as Wood can.Root bowled Archer into the ground in the last home Ashes series using him in longer spells.If used like Wood I would argue that his red ball skills were better. 
    Anderson,Broad,Robinson,Wood,Archer,Stone and Potts is a decent group to choose from 
    I think Stokes will bowl his spinner for longer than Root wouldnhave done, allowing Archer and or Wood to bowl shorter faster spells.
  • Options
    lolwray said:

Oh and I forgot woakes 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Malan is easily the most underrated white ball player England have ever had. He's immense but just gets endless shit from Fans & Commentators alike