Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2023

1254255256257258260»

Comments

• Options
    Perhaps Buttler should be keeping after seeing that attempt to stop the ball
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Who watches this dross ffs
    Michael Hector loves it
    Most people have nightmares after seeing a horror movie. Leuth has them after watching a succession of bowlers pumped out of the ground. 
  • Options
    Scores are level. Well sort of....

142-7 v 142-1 off 11

• Options
    Perhaps Buttler should be keeping after seeing that attempt to stop the ball
    And Salt should be fielding after his average time with the gloves
  • Options
    155-7 v 158-1 off 12
  • Options
    I'd forgotten Sam Curran was playing. He's come on in the 13th over and as the seventh bowler used. 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    And Curran becomes wicket taker number six. We haven't even used Livingstone and Jacks yet either. 
  • Options
    164-8 v 172-1 after 13  
  • Options
    Another to Topley 

169-9 v 175-2 after 14

Ridiculous that, despite our record score, the Windies are only half a dozen runs behind at this stage
  • Options
    182-9  v 183-2 off 15
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And that's all folks! Topley takes the final wicket, that of Russell  

192 all out off 15.3. England win by 75 runs 
  • Options
    A world cup venue. Could be carnage if a minnow plays one of the Major teams.
  • Options
    • Salt is the third men's batter to hit back-to-back T20 international centuries after Gustav McKeon (France) and Rilee Rossouw (South Africa)
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Is that THE Gustav McKeon ? 
    The man, the myth, the legend.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    MrOneLung said:
    Is that THE Gustav McKeon ? 

Gustav Mckeon is 20 years old and scored back to back 100's in T20 matches against Switzerland and Norway!
    He had a trial at Kent but was told that many of Kent senior members are still upset over the 100 year war and still call William the Conqueror ? "William the Bastard".
    Commited Brexit voters who feel the Channel tunnel should be shut.

Gustav Mckeon is related to Bonnie Prince Charlie and the Jacobites on his paternal side.

Would I lie to you ?
  • Options

Tom Curran has copped a four match ban from the Big Bash. Curran was charged with a Level 3 offence under the Cricket Australia Code of Conduct for an incident during December 11's clash against the Hobart Hurricanes. He was charged with “intimidation or attempted intimidation of an Umpire, Match Referee or Medical Personnel whether by language or conduct (including gestures)”.

“The Commissioner found:

“Prior to the commencement of the Match Curran completed a practice run up in which he ran onto part of the pitch;

“Curran was verbally instructed by the Umpire not to run on to the pitch;

“Following this, Curran moved to the opposite end of the pitch to complete another practice run up;

“The Umpire took position next to the stumps, blocking Curran from approaching the pitch and gestured to Curran to move away from the pitch;

“Curran was seen in the footage gesturing to the Umpire to move away from the pitch;

“Curran then attempted to perform a practice run up and run at pace straight towards the Umpire who stood in the bowling crease facing Curran. The Umpire stepped to his right to avoid the risk of collision.”

However the Sixers and Curran will appeal the decision.

“Tom and the club maintain that Tom did not knowingly or intentionally intimidate a match official, and on legal advice, we will exercise our right to appeal the decision,” Head of Sydney Sixers Rachael Haynes said.

“We will support Tom during this period and look forward to him returning to the field.”

• Options
    I'm afraid that Curran comes across as a bit of an arrogant twat here. On what basis Sydney Sixers think they will be successful in an appeal I really do not know. Perhaps he just wanted Christmas off?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely no excuse for Curran's behaviour there at all. Would hope there's some stern words from Surrey and the ECB about his behaviour too. 

• Options
    Can't defend that at all ..he should know better ..can't really understand what grounds there are for appeal ..think they should increase the ban on appeal 
  • Options
    Brain dead behaviour. Especially as it was before the match even started, so he can't even use "adrenaline from the heat of the battle" as an excuse (not that I'd excuse it even then!)
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Can't defend that at all ..he should know better ..can't really understand what grounds there are for appeal ..think they should increase the ban on appeal 
    Now that is a frivolous appeal.
  • Options
    Been out tonight. Grim looking scorecard 
  • Options
    I'm afraid that Curran comes across as a bit of an arrogant twat here. On what basis Sydney Sixers think they will be successful in an appeal I really do not know. Perhaps he just wanted Christmas off?

Agree it's a stupid and inexcusable of him to run at the umpires like that. But what the fuck is that jobsworth bullied at school umpire doing? Every bowler before every match at every level does at least one practice run up and delivery stride from each end. Why did this umpire randomly decide to take issue with Tom doing it and decide to block him?

Doesn't excise Tom's reaction to it and behaviour afterwards. But definitely odd from the umpire. Clearly set out to pick a fight.
  • Options
    Windies win the match and series. A lot closer finish that you would have expected
  • Options

Agree it's a stupid and inexcusable of him to run at the umpires like that. But what the fuck is that jobsworth bullied at school umpire doing? Every bowler before every match at every level does at least one practice run up and delivery stride from each end. Why did this umpire randomly decide to take issue with Tom doing it and decide to block him?

Doesn't excise Tom's reaction to it and behaviour afterwards. But definitely odd from the umpire. Clearly set out to pick a fight.
    I think you're missing the point - this is before the game and the 4th Umpire's is there is to stop players from doing that very thing. How many other bowlers do you know for a fact did it before this game? The Laws of the game and Rules of the competition prevent a bowler from doing so.

26.1.1 There shall not be any practice on the pitch at any time on any day of the match.

26.1.2 There shall not be any practice on the rest of the square at any time on any day of the match, except with the approval of the umpires.

And during the game:

26.3 Trial run-up

A bowler is permitted to have a trial run-up provided the umpire is satisfied that it will not contravene either of Laws 41.9 (Time wasting by the fielding side) or 41.12 (Fielder damaging the pitch). 

And I know for an absolute fact that bowlers do not, as you say, do that at "every level before the game" because there are repercussions for doing so. Ask any of the Umpires who do that job in the Kent League and they will tell you that. 

But, perhaps, Curran's biggest mistake was not realising that he was being filmed because the world has seen him for what he is. A bully. Even after being told that he could do so on the next strip, he, instead, decided to make this a test of wills and then abuse the Umpire for doing his job. This is what Curran actually said: 

The arrogant behaviour of someone who thinks he's bigger than the game gets a four game ban which is, basically, half his stint before he flies off to play for another franchise. Absolutely no respect for the game that has more than supported him. 
  • Options
    Don't know what was worse, Curran or the commentator trying to make excuses for him.