Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dean Holden - Jan 2024: now assistant manager at Al Ettifaq in Saudi Arabia (p46)

Comments

• Welcome Dean or who ever else enjoy it while you can you won’t be here long. 
    Bit of advice this is division 3 don’t try playing out from the back the players aren’t good enough. 
    Stockley can’t play up front on his own so don’t try it. 
    Innis has been sent to us from the stripy Nigel’s to sabotage us as was Dowie so please don’t play him.let him go on a free as soon as possible With macstandstill who can’t play football either.  
    Bring Amanda with you gives us something else to look at instead of the shit on the pitch. 
  • RedChaser said:
    ‘Holden was a defender who was comfortable playing at right-back and centre-back. Over a sixteen-year playing career, he amassed 369 league appearances in representing ten clubs mainly in the lower leagues scoring 22 goals’. 
    Is he joining us as a player or manager or both?;)
    Certainly done the mileage and probably walk straight in at CB at the moment 😉
  • I know nothing about Holden, like @se9addick I was thinking of the Wimbledon player. So, I can't talk about his merits or not.

Let's face facts here who do we honestly expect? No manager available or contracted would be willing to come on board with TS's sacking credentials and watch as the Titanic merrily slips below the waterline.

The reality is that nobody in their right mind unless given assurances, possibly signed in blood would believe TS and accept the poison chalice we've become.

So, unpopular as it is, people like Holden are perhaps all we can realistically expect, even if that's as unpopular with the fan base as it appears to be!
  • I did not know who Dean Holden was when I heard his name touted, looked up his career and associated stats and have to admit my first question to myself was, why the fcuk would CAFC be interested in him? Because we have clueless tw*ts running our club is the only sensible answer. Perhaps he is the master of the ‘low block’ in lower division football? We need somebody who can mount a promotion challenge, not tick buzzword bingo cards…

Who knows, but if TS thinks the fans are going to be remotely enthused by this appointment, I suggest he sees a shrink!?!
  • I guess he was a candidate in the summer and still available?

If the sale is not the done deal that those ITK think, then a manager to take us through the Christmas period is exactly what we urgently need now, and an ex defender will help!

The length of contract will be interesting. A six month one will tell us everything we need to know, but that maybe hidden in a break clause.
  • edited December 2022
    Cheap, available, coach only, utter no mark with no track record. Is Sandgaard now just doing this out of spite?
  • Sponsored links:

• Cawley confirms Holden will be announced today. What a crap appointment 
  • I am always  support the team not the regime - but  that’s an embarrassing appointment.
  • Bizarre. 
    Is the takeover talk rubbish then? 
    I can’t see how Thomas can appoint someone if a buyer is close to taking the reins?? 
  • Hayes is embarrassingly out of his depth but, in all seriousness, until the ownership issue is resolved Pep could decide he fancies a challenge and it would make no difference. Dean Holden, Amanda Holden, Noddy Holder…..I couldn’t really give a toss. The handcart is approaching for the journey to hell……….

• Scoham said:

Presume this is Andy Scott... Previously Head of Recruitment @ Nottingham Forest

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Scott_(footballer,_born_1972)

Gallen gone too?
  • Surely Martin will be moved out of the structure now? If indeed this appointment is not the Sandgaards pick. It would make sense to move Gallen out as well now with a new DOF coming in as some are speculating. What a rollercoaster this club is. 
  • Andy Scott?  Who he?
  • Sponsored links:

• Hayes is embarrassingly out of his depth but, in all seriousness, until the ownership issue is resolved Pep could decide he fancies a challenge and it would make no difference. Dean Holden, Amanda Holden, Noddy Holder…..I couldn’t really give a toss. The handcart is approaching for the journey to hell……….

Noddy Holder might be an option. 
  • Surely Martin will be moved out of the structure now? If indeed this appointment is not the Sandgaards pick. It would make sense to move Gallen out as well now with a new DOF coming in as some are speculating. What a rollercoaster this club is. 
    That will be the real clue into who’s running the show. As for the manager, all irrelevant until Sandgaard sells. Same old. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Andy Scott?  Who he?
    Think his sister was in Steps

• Suggests TS is staying and has a new (stupid) investor.

God knows how he pitched that. 
  • To a certain extent, it feels almost irrelevant. New manager- same players, same recruitment, same drive to, well, break even....? Same old, same old.
    I'll wait and see what happens, but there is a lot that needs changing, and the new manager, after failing to back the previous one, is moving a deck chair on the Titanic six inches nearer the port rail.
  • edited December 2022
    Suggests TS is staying and has a new (stupid) investor.

God knows how he pitched that. 
    Either that, or with January coming up, the new investor is taking majority control.

TS is being left with a smaller stake (for now), to speed things up so we can strengthen next month

Least I bloody hope so
  • really confused really passed off.  I thought the reason he booted Garner out was so the new owners could appoint there man and they did not have to pay him off 
    Like most people here feeling really down 
  • Scoham said:

Hopefully he'll be able to clean out all the crap from the first team.