Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dean Holden - Jan 2024: now assistant manager at Al Ettifaq in Saudi Arabia (p46)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Anything going on with this?
    Are we actively looking? Is Sandgaard interviewing?
    I reckon not. I reckon TS is happy with AH for now & then see what happens in January, esp if there IS a takeover in the offing. 

What I dont expect is a new manager on a long contract with money being spent next month. 
  • Options
    Reams suggesting that 2 of the interested parties want Chris wilder as manager.

is this guy a worthy sauce or a WUM?
  • Options
    It must be Christmas, I have just liked golfaddick comment 🤣
  • Options
    Barring a disastrous run under Hayes that sees us hurtling into the bottom 4,  I don't think we'll see a full time appointment any time soon. 

A caretaker manager in place through January would suit any low spend transfer window agenda. The equally frugal owner Paul Scally did similar at Gillingham last season after removing Steve Evans in early January. Neil Harris, despite being available all along, was not appointed until Jan 31st. I believe this was a tactic by Scally to  ensure he did not have the new manager in his ear about transfers all month, instead leaving a yes man in temporary charge hungry for the job full time.   

Indeed Harris was only able to sign 1 player in what was left of the window when he joined and the Gills went down on goal difference on the last game of the season.
  • Options
    They seem to be doing their best to get to the National League next season.
  • Options
    Fan advisor updated on the CAST call last night and said TS says ‘weeks not days’ in appointing a manager. It’s not like we’re in a relegation battle or anything. Again.

I just hope he sells up first. 
  • Options
    Kips said:
    Barring a disastrous run under Hayes that sees us hurtling into the bottom 4,  I don't think we'll see a full time appointment any time soon. 

A caretaker manager in place through January would suit any low spend transfer window agenda. The equally frugal owner Paul Scally did similar at Gillingham last season after removing Steve Evans in early January. Neil Harris, despite being available all along, was not appointed until Jan 31st. I believe this was a tactic by Scally to  ensure he did not have the new manager in his ear about transfers all month, instead leaving a yes man in temporary charge hungry for the job full time.   

Indeed Harris was only able to sign 1 player in what was left of the window when he joined and the Gills went down on goal difference on the last game of the season.
    I can't see Hayes being left in charge for too long, seemed clueless and out of his depth against Stockport, we have a couple really crucial matches coming up and cant see us winning them with him in charge
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Kips said:

I can't see Hayes being left in charge for too long, seemed clueless and out of his depth against Stockport, we have a couple really crucial matches coming up and cant see us winning them with him in charge
    …and why would that bother Thomas now?
    Only interest he has now is conning as much money as he can out of the fan base until he finds a buyer, 
  • Options
    Weeks is far too long. Why did we sack Garner if we didn’t at least have a ready-made shortlist of managers? Last season was fine as we had a caretaker that was ready enough to steady the ship. Hayes is not ready. Looking at our next 4 games we could possibly be in the relegation zone soon 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    #manningball

Wouldn't surprise me if he's a candidate, even if it's all gone wrong for MK this season after losing Darling and Twine. 
    A manager with a sophisticated style of play that doesn't work without the right kind of players in key roles? He'll fit right in!
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    #manningball

Wouldn't surprise me if he's a candidate, even if it's all gone wrong for MK this season after losing Darling and Twine. 
    A manager with a sophisticated style of play that doesn't work without the right kind of players in key roles? He'll fit right in!
    We take anyone else with history of being @ Milton Keynes, be discrimination if we dont take Manning too
  • Options
    Dean Holden incoming according to someone who should know.

Please don’t shoot the messenger.
  • Options
    We need a manager with connections and a high profile. John Terry is my prick.
    Fixed it for you.
  • Options

His odds have been shortening all week. Bobs lot don't usually lose money. 
  • Options

Underwhelmed.  Not to worry, he will only be here for 6 months. 
  • Options

I guess he is cheap and wants an opportunity.

IF he is coming in I would prefer it to be sooner rather than later 
  • Options
    Remember Thomas listens to his ego not logic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was that Chris Wilder in Makro just now?

Did I just see Leam Manning buying his lunch at Seabay Fish n Chips

I wouldn't have a clue if I saw Dean Holden but I'm sure I did

*just starting the bullshit rumours  :)
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Was that Chris Wilder in Makro just now?

Did I just see Leam Manning buying his lunch at Seabay Fish n Chips

I wouldn't have a clue if I saw Dean Holden but I'm sure I did

*just starting the bullshit rumours  :)
    That's really not helpful, Swis ! 
  • Options

Moving his whole family from Greater Manchester would be quite the commitment to a team in Charlton's position.

• Options
    If we got a new and decent owner, then Chris Wilder wouldn't be an unrealistic target, as his stock has fallen since a poor spell at Boro, where Michael Carrick has transformed the team since taking over
  • Options
    If we got a new and decent owner, then Chris Wilder wouldn't be an unrealistic target, as his stock has fallen since a poor spell at Boro, where Michael Carrick has transformed the team since taking over
    Carrick has hardly transformed the team, not yet anyway. Wilder got off to a great start at Boro so Carrick has a way to go
  • Options
    I’ve just realised that if this takeover approach is real then Nixon actually landed a story. 
  • Options
    I’ve just realised that if this takeover approach is real then Nixon actually landed a story. 
    I think Nixon was actually talking about someone else.
  • Options
    Someone (who normally knows a fair bit) reckons the announcement tomorrow is an interim appointment designed to keep the fans onside until the club is sold (Curbs or Chris Powell I guess would be the only ones who could do that)
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Someone (who normally knows a fair bit) reckons the announcement tomorrow is an interim appointment designed to keep the fans onside until the club is sold (Curbs or Chris Powell I guess would be the only ones who could do that)
    No way would Powell leave Spurs for a short term gig.  An appointment of Curbs as what?

I do suspect the first part is true.