Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dean Holden - Jan 2024: now assistant manager at Al Ettifaq in Saudi Arabia (p46)

Comments

• NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:
    Same as the Huddersfield story this is almost certainly his agent putting this out there to put pressure on us to get him a new contract. Ainsworth to QPR is a pretty much a done deal according to other sources that aren’t talkshite 
    I wouldn't say Ainsworth to QPR is a done deal, as while the job is his if he wants it, it's not definite that he would leave Wycombe for QPR. 
    Maybe, but I think it will be extremely tough for him to turn down that opportunity and especially when he was a QPR player for 7 years.

I don’t think Holden has done enough anyway for a championship club to consider him. He’s won 5 out of his first 10 games, a good start but  it’s still early days for that to be seen as anything as we’ve seen before with Adkins/Jackson/Garner. I really can’t see a championship team being that interested in him at the moment. We know he’s in talks and over a new contract so in my opinion it’s no coincidence we’ve seen these stories come out linking him with other jobs 
    Overriding factor will be that he is cheap. Very little compo as he's contract runs out in less than 6 months. 

But as someone said above, might just be agent talk to get TS to give him a longer contract. 
  • edited February 2023
    If the QPR interest is real he'd be daft not to go
  • Can see Holden going to QPR if he's offered the chance 
  • edited February 2023
    Another job thrown up by an agent to put pressure on us to give Holden another contract. It's so transparent at this point and people still lap it up. 

Honestly from the past couple of games I've seen, I'm not super impressed after the usual new manager bounce. 
  • How many managers in are history have voluntarily resigned and not had another position lined up immediately afterwards, I.e  Karl Robinson & Bowyer etc. 

Cannot think of any tbh. 
    Curbs? 
  • I think Holden’s agent is working overtime 
  • Sponsored links:

• I don’t know what to think about Holden any more. 
    I do know that Hayes did ok. At least he had a plan when we beat Brighton. 
  • I have been convinced for years that Gareth Ainsworth would move on to QPR next and was surprised he didn't move on before.
    Ainsworth has over achieved at Wycombe and deserves another chance in the Championship. 
    I assume he has turned down jobs before as he was happy at Wycombe.

• Ainsworth football is awful to watch. Pity any clubs fans that take him on 
    Yes, and he wouldn’t fit QPR’s style of play at all. 
  • edited February 2023
    JamesSeed said:
    I don’t know what to think about Holden any more. 
    I do know that Hayes did ok. At least he had a plan when we beat Brighton. 
     Yeah. All gone a bit meh on Holden hasn't it.
    Not his fault he's had the rug pulled from under him. But if he'd done his homework on this basket case club over the past decade he'd probably know things turn to shit very quickly.

Until the whole fabric of the club changes no manager will make a dent.
  • Ainsworth gets the best out of the players at his disposal. 
  • Ainsworth gets the best out of the players at his disposal. 
    Yes, as much as Lee Bowyer got the best out of Jonny Williams  😉
  • JamesSeed said:
    Ainsworth football is awful to watch. Pity any clubs fans that take him on 
    Yes, and he wouldn’t fit QPR’s style of play at all. 
    The classic yo-yo that so many clubs do between managers playing "pure" passing football, and managers who grind out results.

The other yo-yo is between the young exciting manager (big name newly retired PL player or the highly rated foreign manager) and the safe pair of hands "been there, done it" managers of the Warnock, Big Sam ilk, but also now including experienced foreign managers like Bilic and Benitez.
  • edited February 2023
    You get the feeling it’s Johnnie Jackson all over, people putting pressure on sandgaard to give him a contract but ultimately after the new manager bounce wears off..  he is found wanting. Should just wait until the end of the season cause either way I very much doubt Holden will have a queue of clubs wanting him 
  • Sponsored links:

• Although the bounce may have exaggerated his real abilities, Holden seems like the best we've had since Bowyer, and I doubt we could get anyone better to replace him.

Therefore we must do what's necessary to keep him. C'mon Sandgaard, this football lark is easy, isn't it?
    Now the season is over it will be very interesting to see our remaining results and performances.
    Holden will not start next season with us.  
  • edited February 2023
  • I like Dean, would love him to stay at a more stable CAFC!