Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dean Holden - Jan 2024: now assistant manager at Al Ettifaq in Saudi Arabia (p46)

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    As far as I am concerned Holden is responsible for what happens tonight.
    In his interview he said his appointment has been on the cards for a while, he says he has seen us play a lot, and it has been his decision to load the Brighton pressure on Anthony Hayes shoulders.
    Giving Holden a chance happens tonight, right here right now as Brighton fans might sing.
    I am not interested in Holden having a honeymoon period however unreasonable that might seem, all the club have to do to calm things is to knock a fine premier league club out of the cup this evening.
    Otherwise Holden is in deficit with me.
    If Airman is correct and he’s only contracted to the end of the next transfer window it would have to be a very short honeymoon period anyway.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    In his interview he said his appointment has been on the cards for a while, he says he has seen us play a lot, and it has been his decision to load the Brighton pressure on Anthony Hayes shoulders.
    Giving Holden a chance happens tonight, right here right now as Brighton fans might sing.
    I am not interested in Holden having a honeymoon period however unreasonable that might seem, all the club have to do to calm things is to knock a fine premier league club out of the cup this evening.
    If Airman is correct and he’s only contracted to the end of the next transfer window it would have to be a very short honeymoon period anyway.
    Don’t think Rick has said that. Rick has heard Scott has a six week deal but doesn’t know about Holden.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Bloody hell seth you really are a hard taskmaster. With the players we have Pep couldn’t engineer a win after two days at the helm. Bonkers post.
    Bonkers seems to fit right in to the current Charlton culture.
  • Options
    Welcome Dean.  And may i say congratulations, you have wisely chosen to get your major career disapointment out of the way with us!
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    seth plum said:
    Yeah, but I have paid for a ticket, Holden hasn’t.
    My ulcers have monetary value, as well as emotional investment.
    I am intrigued by the position that argues give Holden a bit of a chance, and am interested as to why I should.
    Hasn’t Holden got into this with his eyes wide open?
    We are 9/1 outsiders against a top ten team in the country who have a squad of reserves that are better than any players in our squads.

But yeah, if we lose tonight I'm Holden Out. Not holding out, Holden Out. Dean Holden is the manager.
    So you know the Brighton squad for tonight do you, never gonna be a team of reserves with the Prem staring again over the weekend, not that i feel we will win, be nice to, but...🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I am intrigued by the position that argues give Holden a bit of a chance, and am interested as to why I should.
    We are 9/1 outsiders against a top ten team in the country who have a squad of reserves that are better than any players in our squads.

But yeah, if we lose tonight I'm Holden Out. Not holding out, Holden Out. Dean Holden is the manager.
    So you know the Brighton squad for tonight do you, never gonna be a team of reserves with the Prem staring again over the weekend, not that i feel we will win, be nice to, but...🤷‍♂️
    I think you've massively misunderstood there...
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Bloody hell seth you really are a hard taskmaster. With the players we have Pep couldn’t engineer a win after two days at the helm. Bonkers post.
    Well possibly but it’s still pretty harsh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    seth plum said:

I think you've massively misunderstood there...
    Probably, not the first time, and def won't be the last!!!  🙄
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Am I reading this correctly? New manager appointed on the Tuesday, not involved in the game on Wednesday but if we don't win the game, which is against a top half premier league team, you turn against the manager?

if I've misinterpreted your post, I apologies. If I haven't.....wow!!!!! 
    If saying Holden would be ‘in deficit with me’ is turning against the manager in your view fair enough.
    To me turning against the manager would be calling for him to be sacked.
    My attitude is about who takes responsibility for results.
    Who knows, we might win through this evening, and Holden can be a hero.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Don’t think Rick has said that. Rick has heard Scott has a six week deal but doesn’t know about Holden.
    apologies - misremembered Airman's tweet.
  • Options
    Didn’t realise his wife was a kids TV presenter from the late 90s/early 2000s. 
    So it’s not a prick behind him. At least one thing clarified today.
  • Options
    Short contract. Will he see in the New Year ?
  • Options
    Ultimately I have no connection with the owner any more, little to no connection to the team, other than perhaps Miles and Dobson. Might as well get positive about this guy, seems our best chance of getting anything other than 3 defeats in the Christmas period. If he can get 90 minutes out of them the way Hayes got 45 on Saturday, we can at least build some optimism for next season. Welcome Dean.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:

• Options
    Didn’t realise his wife was a kids TV presenter from the late 90s/early 2000s. 
    So you’re saying I’ve been right all along?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Favours 352 formation .. 
  • Options
    Favours 352 formation .. 
    It’s the best system with this fairly grim group of players .

goalie

Clare, O’Connell, Thomas 

Sessegnon, Fraser, Dobbo, Morgan , CBT

Stockley, Leaburn
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Am I reading this correctly? New manager appointed on the Tuesday, not involved in the game on Wednesday but if we don't win the game, which is against a top half premier league team, you turn against the manager?

if I've misinterpreted your post, I apologies. If I haven't.....wow!!!!! 
    If saying Holden would be ‘in deficit with me’ is turning against the manager in your view fair enough.
    To me turning against the manager would be calling for him to be sacked.
    My attitude is about who takes responsibility for results.
    Who knows, we might win through this evening, and Holden can be a hero.
    He wouldn't be a hero because it's Hayes team tonight
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Favours 352 formation .. 
    well that's a good start - if another clown tries to play stockley up top on his own then he'll need shooting 
    “If another clown tries to play stockley up top on his own then he'll need shooting” ……Reads better I think
  • Options
    BigDiddy said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Favours 352 formation .. 
    well that's a good start - if another clown tries to play stockley up top on his own then he'll need shooting 
    “If another clown tries to play stockley up top on his own then he'll need shooting” ……Reads better I think
    got no choice at the moment 
  • Options
    On talk sport in a couple of minutes.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Favours 352 formation .. 
    It’s the best system with this fairly grim group of players .

goalie

Clare, O’Connell, Thomas 

Sessegnon, Fraser, Dobbo, Morgan , CBT

Stockley, Leaburn
    Dream team……..
  • Options
    Very strange how there’s no mention of his contract length. 
  • Options
    On talk sport in a couple of minutes.
    What did he say?