Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dean Holden - Jan 2024: now assistant manager at Al Ettifaq in Saudi Arabia (p46)

Comments

• Has it been confirmed how long his contract is for?
  • If you don't announce the period of time you have hired new Manager for, there's likely to be some dodgy or murky things going on.
    Nope
    Nothing on the clubs website from this afternoon
  • Crusty54 said:
    Unless Im being thick, it doesnt mention how long Holden's contract is?
    Hmm, shrewd move Sandgarrd
    Except that it's three and a half years.
    Chuck a link up Crusty, no one else can seem to find one with that on it 
    Whatever it is, it will bear no relationship to the actual time he’s here.

• Just finished the podcast with him. speaks well and wish him the best. Hopefully he actually gets some support or else it'll be going the same way as the rest that have tried
  • Sponsored links:

• Cynic in me thinks Holden is only on a six-month deal. Wait and see I suppose. 
    Nope
    He even mentions in that interview that it’s his job ‘at least in the short term’ to get us away from relegation and looking up the table.

Maybe he is on a 6 month contract to the end of the season, and if he does the job well the new mob might keep him?
  • Cynic in me thinks Holden is only on a six-month deal. Wait and see I suppose. 
    On paper it's a win win for him. Another shot at management. A salary (hopefully). If it's a few months and goes well, he's knocked some heads together and probably backs himself that our squad should be closer to mid table than the bottom and that's where he can take us. If it goes badly, the place is a total madhouse so probably doesn't damage his reputation at all.
  • edited December 2022
    Has it been confirmed how long his contract is for?
    6 years, all the way to the Champions league, Boom - Thomas Sandgaard 20th December 2022
  • Sounds like he has watched us a few times this season. A glutton for punishment, obscure scouting trip or he knew his chance was coming?
  • I’m trying to feel positive about it but can’t help but feel concerned about how long the appointment took. What was the hold(en) up?
  • Crusty54 said:
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/holden-scott-rodwell-and-warrick-appointed-senior-roles

Scott Marshall will continue as men’s first-team assistant coach

First time its actually been mentioned that he's still around, havent seen him mentioned since Garner was sacked
    he was on the touchline on Saturday.
    But Ronnie said he'd been sacked 😂
  • JaShea99 said:
    I’m trying to feel positive about it but can’t help but feel concerned about how long the appointment took. What was the hold(en) up?
    15 days isn’t that long. We’ve only played one league game in that period.
  • Sponsored links:

• Was Jackett watching for him?
  • Has he finished as Perez's assistant on Shetland then?
  • Redrobo said:
    Really? I thought he looked determined and anxious to get on with it.
    Exactly. Very focused 
  • JaShea99 said:
    I’m trying to feel positive about it but can’t help but feel concerned about how long the appointment took. What was the hold(en) up?
    15 days isn’t that long. We’ve only played one league game in that period.
    So what? I’d say 15 days is very long to negotiate a contract, assuming that’s what the hold up was.
  • He speaks well - encouraged by that
  • mendonca said:
    Was Jackett watching for him?
    I think it’s just one of those things that when a manager is under pressure at a club, the vultures/unemployed managers start hanging around. 
  • I noticed no questions about the owner/discussions with Sandgaard/ etc
  • Reminded me of Gerrard.