Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023

Comments

• Options
    You have to hand it to England. This is managing tournament play with knobs on.  They can only beat what’s in front of thin and the best teams have crumbled. Think they will win it now. 
    But Gif GIFs  Tenor
    Now that’s a proper lol 😂. I genuinely didn’t mean to tee that up but glad to see @DamoNorthStand knock it down the fairway !!
  • Options
    I trust our (male) squad was watching the Aus/England semi today .. perfect lessons in both tenacious defending (England) and, more importantly, attacking, shooting and scoring (both teams
    Very good game played in a good spirit in front of a huge crowd .. England in a football World Cup final, first time since 1966  :*
    this is what I mean about both sides with meaningless comparisons. England men’s are doing just fine. Unless you’re talking about Charlton? Which is even more pointless.

Well done girls, hopefully put in a big performance on Sunday, as Spain are a class side.

Class side who England beat in the 1/4 finals of the Euro championship
    Who were missing plenty of first team players and wasted some real guilt edge chances.
  • Options
    England Women doing what the men can't.
    I despair.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    So now the Lauren James question comes back into the equation. 
    start with the same team, get James on to change it if needed on Sunday
    Absolutely agree, she doesn't deserve to start anyway as her actions could've cost us dearly. The XI that started the quarter and semi do deserve to start. I've no doubt she'll come on and play some part anyway.
  • Options
    If they win does that mean we have 2 stars above the England badge? 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    ozaddick said:
    I've recently been dating an Aussie lass, I think that is about to end after the messages I just sent her... 
    Dick pic?
    How did you know his name is Richard?
    He named his dick?
  • Options
    The pass for the third was a thing of beauty.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    England have won 13 matches in a row in the Euro's and World Cup.

One more to go.

Son was down the end that Toone scored her great goal and Kerr scored her fantastic goal. 

I will obviously tip Spain for life insurance reasons.
    No, they only drew with Nigeria. 

We have won 13 matches in a row in Euro's and WC.
    We went to extra time against Spain in Euro's ( I was behind the goal for Stanway's winner in that Q.Final) and we beat Nigeria on penalties.

I have just checked the Rules and England have definitely won all 13 games.👍
    The bookies rules are different and those leeches can call it a draw before ET.

Chole Kelly who learnt her trade in the cages of west London( with six brothers) wins the prize for the most blatant piece of Shithousery with the extra ball on the pitch.
    As subtle as an air raid but you have to love her❤️
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Russo as a mascot at The Valley
    And wearing the famous Cabrini shirt with pride 😀
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cfgs said:
    Indeed. Hemp was looking the other way when she played it through. Incredible vision. 

Really enjoyed the game today. Surely we'll be too strong for Spain, but you never know...
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I trust our (male) squad was watching the Aus/England semi today .. perfect lessons in both tenacious defending (England) and, more importantly, attacking, shooting and scoring (both teams
    Very good game played in a good spirit in front of a huge crowd .. England in a football World Cup final, first time since 1966  :*
    this is what I mean about both sides with meaningless comparisons. England men’s are doing just fine. Unless you’re talking about Charlton? Which is even more pointless.

Well done girls, hopefully put in a big performance on Sunday, as Spain are a class side.

Class side who England beat in the 1/4 finals of the Euro championship
    Who were missing plenty of first team players and wasted some real guilt edge chances.

Too true.
    No Hermoso or Putellas to finish off the moves when they were skinning England down the flanks. They now have the talented 19 year old Salma Paralluelo on the left flank so Lucy Bronze (was good today) will need to be sharp. Plus both Hermoso and Putellas are in this WC. 
  • Options
    I thought Hemp would star in the Euros but despite her playing her part and us winning them, she didn't stand out as much as her potential might have suggested. This tournament she seems to be improving every game and is a key player for us. Her and Russo battle for everything, including scraps which has led to goals too.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Needed that after yesterday!
    whilst it was great to see them win, it did nothing to change my mood from last night
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I despair.
    Ahhhh do you want a cuddle @ValleyGary?
  • Options
    Not just in England that Trains can be rubbish.
    100k people in ground and in parks, pubs trying to get home with only a few trains running because of a fault. 
  • Options
    I enjoyed Steph Smith in the crowd.

• Options
    cfgs said:
    she'd created the entire thing herself from basically nothing, as well. 
  • Options
    I despair.
    Well it was a shit comment you made 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    MrOneLung said:
    I despair.
    Saying the Women’s team are doing better than the men? What have I missed? 

Please tell me why it’s a shit comment.
  • Options
    I despair.
    You shouldn’t have edited your comment. Original was a lot less embarrassing.
  • Options
  • Options
    I despair.
    You shouldn’t have edited your comment. Original was a lot less embarrassing.
    Embarrassing for who, you? Sorry but I honestly don’t get what’s so offensive about my comment?

Enlighten me  @valleygary
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I despair.

First of all, well done to the lionesses. About time their potential bonus payments were sorted out for if they were to win on Sunday. By making it to their world cup final, the women have achieved in Australia 2023 what the men have failed to achieve in theirs since 1966 on home soil.

That's just a fact, like it or not and undeniable even by those who might consider it a shit comment because they consider such comparisons to be meaningless.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    MrOneLung said:
    I despair.

First of all, well done to the lionesses. About time their potential bonus payments were sorted out for if they were to win on Sunday. By making it to their world cup final, the women have achieved in Australia 2023 what the men have failed to achieve in theirs since 1966 on home soil.

That's just a fact, like it or not and undeniable even by those who might consider it a shit comment because they consider such comparisons to be meaningless.
    Oh I see, I’ve offended some male egos, that women could be better and while it may be a different game, I don’t think that should devalue it at all.

The men and England were the home of football but have, as you say done next to nothing since ‘66.

In the short history of the Women’s game, I think they’ve done very well and deserve the praise, even if the men might feel they’ve had their nose put out of joint.

Thanks for enlightening me  @swordfish
  • Options
    But they are different competitions - the comparison is pointless. 

• Options
    edited August 2023
    MrOneLung said:

You may think that, but I don’t and I think it’s sad that you think that way because it devalues what they’ve achieved.  @MrOneLung
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    MrOneLung said:
    I despair.

Oh I see, I’ve offended some male egos, that women could be better and while it may be a different game, I don’t think that should devalue it at all.

The men and England were the home of football but have, as you say done next to nothing since ‘66.

In the short history of the Women’s game, I think they’ve done very well and deserve the praise, even if the men might feel they’ve had their nose put out of joint.

Thanks for enlightening me  @swordfish
    I don't even understand what comparison you are trying to make to be honest - The women have made 2 major finals so have the men.

They have made 2 world cup semi finals before being knocked out. So have the men. (perennial quarter finalists as well I see looking at the history)

If there is any comparison to be made at this point (which there really isn't but even humouring you) they have a near identical record at international level in terms of major tournaments. 

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

But will be made by many and not just on here over the next few days and beyond, so hard luck to those who have a problem with it.