Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Portsmouth | Monday 17th October 2022

Comments

• Options
    Good performance and pleased to keep a clean sheet. We're cutting out our stupid mistakes.

Made Pompey look average and all the players put in a shift.
  • Options
    Fraser 🔥🔥🔥
  • Options
    Superb. Felt like the best performance so far this season.Fraser and Dobson man of the match joint
  • Options
    Great home win today, I think I'm seeing a pattern.

Home form: W, D, D, D, W, W.
    Away form:   L, D,  L, D,  L, D.

Can't we play at the Valley every week?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Also, we've found two amazing things. A centre back pairing and a central midfield pairing the equal of anything in this division. Keep those four fit I pray. They ran it all for us today 
    I agree with that but i also don't think we can underestimate having 2 natural full backs playing. No disrespect to Clare and Clayden but we look miles better with Sess and Egbo there than we did earlier in the season.
    My thoughts exactly, makes a big difference to our team shape, and not to be underestimated.
  • Options
    We will win, we will win , a clean sheet win!
  • Options
    2 points off playoffs , not that I’m getting carried away, see you at Wembley!
  • Options
    As Curbs said the only downside was the small home crowd
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dobbo was superb. It seems like when he has a good game himself - we win. 
  • Options
    4-4-2 who would have thought it 
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    4-4-2 who would have thought it 
    Not sure that was responsible for two set piece goals ;)
  • Options
    It was live on TV over here - absolutely fantastic win.

The only issue we have, and it's hardly a state secret, is that our squad is paper thin.

Still no proper left-back or running striker (accepting Aneke can only come off the bench).
    Our squad isn't paper thin, it's horribly unbalanced, considering we had Payne, Morgan and McGrandles on the bench, and could leave JFC and Henry out altogether
  • Options
    After previously only playing well against Plymouth and Exeter, can we consider Portsmouth an honorary Devon team?
  • Options
    After their Valley visit I said to my Rams supporter mate Steve, see you at the Airport in late May.
    Shall I start saving..?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thoroughly enjoyed that!

Dobbo and Fraser were superb.  Hard working and got so many interception/blocks/tackles in

defence looked solid enough and I am loving Egbo!  He looks such a threat going forwards but did some superb defensive stuff today

Wingers posed a threat all night 

Stockley was busy and in the thick of it

only weak link for me was Kirk as too much bypassed him - but he kept trying so fair play to him

well done boys, well done Garner for changing things up when it wasn’t working a few games ago.  We actually are playing like we have a plan and Pompey couldn’t handle us tonight 

3 points off play offs and hopefully we are finding a bit of form now.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Said in the preview that this was a massive game so great that it turned out to be our best 90 minutes of the season in terms of team performance. It was perhaps the game where everything clicked. 
    The back four look very settled, and special shout out to SS who’s performing well considering he’s not a ‘proper’ left back. 
    Egbo was slightly off his best, although in his defense Oglivy is one of the better players in L1.
    Everything worked out for us today, even Kirk playing the 10 role. Has he played there before? If not he must be wondering why he hasn’t!
    Great to see CBT following up his Exeter cameo so well. He’s actually getting shots on target at last. And JRS, despite not having much end product, occupied defenders and pulled them out of position. Stockley played his part, but was a pity he didn’t shoot when he had the chance in the second half. Needs another goal to help his confidence.
    Win at Shrewsbury and then this really has been a special couple of weeks. 
    Our season isn’t over after all!
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Pompey came out unprepared. Rather than wearing a proper kit they turned up in what looked like some old training bibs. They got what they deserved - a mauling. Well played Charlton; better in every department. It's so nice to be able to say that. 
    That’s what I said   looked like they had the Fulham kit on with a moody green bib over it 
  • Options
    Someone please get us a sports psychologist so that CBT can get himself in the mood for every game. When he’s up for it he’s the difference every time.
  • Options
    Best performance of the season so far by a massive country mile. Lots of humble pie with gruel sauce for Portsmouth. 
       Great game to be at,would have been good to have a few more there though,having said that ,those who were there gave it large tonight, well done boys!!!
  • Options
    I haven't seen the team work that hard in a long time, and though they took their foot off the gas for the last 15 minutes, who could blame them. Pleased to see a clean sheet and 3-0 was deserved.