Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Portsmouth | Monday 17th October 2022

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    mendonca said:
    What point you trying to make @Addick Addict?
    You've got your @Addick Addict round your @AddicksAddict
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Major said:
    Jac_52 said:
    Very impressive from us tonight especially in regards to our work out of possession. Everyone worked hard and we made it very difficult for them to get at us.

The other massive plus point is that we finally looked dangerous from set pieces. Kudos to the coaches for addressing it as you could tell we have clearly put the work in there. Without them that's another 1 goal scored and it makes such a difference to be able to score goals like that. Our goals scored from open play is up there at there with the best in the division so it's vital to our season that we continue to be dangerous from set plays.

Hope we see a repeat performabce over 90 minutes away from home now as a win in our next match will give us great momentum and help keep us close to being in the mix.
    It begs the question why we were so poor on set pieces up until now.
    Did we really have no strategy for 1/3 of the season?
    Absolutely begs the question. Let's ignore current success and focus on past failures.
    What the hell is the matter with you?
    I'd say he's raised a really valid discussion point.
    What's your problem?
    Sure we win two on the spin with enjoyable performances. In your world, a negative has to get dragged up. I'm not the one with a problem.
  • Options
    Major said:
    Major said:
    Jac_52 said:
    Very impressive from us tonight especially in regards to our work out of possession. Everyone worked hard and we made it very difficult for them to get at us.

The other massive plus point is that we finally looked dangerous from set pieces. Kudos to the coaches for addressing it as you could tell we have clearly put the work in there. Without them that's another 1 goal scored and it makes such a difference to be able to score goals like that. Our goals scored from open play is up there at there with the best in the division so it's vital to our season that we continue to be dangerous from set plays.

Hope we see a repeat performabce over 90 minutes away from home now as a win in our next match will give us great momentum and help keep us close to being in the mix.
    Absolutely begs the question. Let's ignore current success and focus on past failures.
    What's your problem?
    Sure we win two on the spin with enjoyable performances. In your world, a negative has to get dragged up. I'm not the one with a problem.
    Apart from an attitude one maybe? 
  • Options
    Fantastic performance! Hopefully it continues.
    I don’t enjoy the next bit I’m writing, but I don’t want to lose sight of the fact that TS needs to go unless he starts looking after his employees.
    if the infrastructure isn’t there then the team will suffer.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Major said:
    Major said:
    Jac_52 said:

What's your problem?
    Apart from an attitude one maybe? 
    Oh, it's your turn now, is it? Positive attitude seems to be an issue for #whingersr'us
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    I have never been worried about relegation and have been and am if the belief that our home form will keep us in mid table but we do need to address our away form which we haven't yet. Hopefully that can change on Saturday. To be fair, Lincoln played incredibly negative against us for a home side. If we were in the top six we would have been more positive about the game I suspect.