Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Portsmouth | Monday 17th October 2022

Comments

• Options
    Decent performance. While our squad has an obvious weakness up front, we were clearly underperforming and desperately short on confidence. That first win in ages last week was essential to turn around the spirit.

Been impressed with Fraser since we went to a 2 in midfield, he's been a lot more combative than I was expecting, and is now showing his quality on the ball 
  • Options
    Have some of that!
  • Options
    I thought Portsmouth were the better side 😉
    Maybe it’s after watching Exeter play, but I was surprised at how poor they were.

All they really had was double up on the full back, ping a diagonal and hope to create something off a flick on. 

It can and has clearly worked for them, but they’ve got some real ball playing talent in their squad as well which was just not utilised at all. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    I thought Portsmouth were the better side 😉
    Don’t start that again! 😂
  • Options
    Decent performance. While our squad has an obvious weakness up front, we were clearly underperforming and desperately short on confidence. That first win in ages last week was essential to turn around the spirit.

Been impressed with Fraser since we went to a 2 in midfield, he's been a lot more combative than I was expecting, and is now showing his quality on the ball 
    Touch of the Dale Stephens about him now
  • Options
    They were shit, based on that performance how are they that high up in the table?
  • Options
    That castore hoody colour is beautiful.
  • Options
    Have to say Garner’s a proper coach.  Despite not being given the team I’m sure he was promised, he’s shuffled the pack constantly and shown a flexibility that could hopefully see us drinking play-off champagne at TS lemonade prices 🤞🤞🤞
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    LoOkOuT said:
    Fraser and Dobson were outstanding.
    They really were
    Looks like we might, finally, have a starting 11 and a way to play
    Yes pivotal and when you think we have JFC , Mcgradles , Lennon, Clare ,  Payne and Morgan who can also play in central midfield , it kudos to them 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Also, we've found two amazing things. A centre back pairing and a central midfield pairing the equal of anything in this division. Keep those four fit I pray. They ran it all for us today 
    I agree with that but i also don't think we can underestimate having 2 natural full backs playing. No disrespect to Clare and Clayden but we look miles better with Sess and Egbo there than we did earlier in the season.
    I mean, that's slightly disrespectful to Clare, who can do either role pretty well, but yeah, if anything giving Clayden no disrespect is disrespectful 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Valley11 said:
    LoOkOuT said:
    Fraser and Dobson were outstanding.
    They really were
    Looks like we might, finally, have a starting 11 and a way to play
    Yes pivotal and when you think we have JFC , Mcgradles , Lennon, Clare ,  Payne and Morgan who can also play in central midfield , it kudos to them 
    Lennon? Do you mean Henry?
  • Options
    Interesting that all 3 of our bookings were for fouls on Mingi. 
  • Options
    Promoted by Easter