Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

T20 World Cup 2022

Comments

• Options
    Kohli bowled off free hit and they run 3! 2 off 2 balls needed.
  • Options
    Bit harsh on the keeper for that being given as 3 byes. Them is the rules!
  • Options
    Fantastic finish. 
    Another example of why we don't need the Hundred 
  • Options
    This is mental 
  • Options
    Kathik stumped off a ball down the leg side that brushes his pad. 
  • Options
    2 needed off the final ball
  • Options
    Narwaz bowls a wide. I'm sorry but questions will be asked.
  • Options
    Ashwin hits the final ball over the inner ring to win the game
  • Options
    Didn’t realise that Trott was the Afghanistan coach now.
    It's important that Trott did, though.
  • Options
    Fantastic game of cricket. Kohli was brilliant. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow - just how exciting was that?
  • Options
    Amazing to see Pakistan stake an unassailable claim for the worst death bowling of the tournament so early  
  • Options
    That was a great watch.  Kohli at his best.
  • Options
    Absolutely no need for such offensive insinuations. That was simply a choke. You think any Pakistani would deliberately throw a game vs India?! Ridiculous posting 
  • Options
    Shot of the day by the off stump for 3 byes 
    the players so thick don’t even know the rules the fella it went near half appealing when it was a free hit 

India massively got away with that , they played too conventional when the bowling was tight 4/5 overs out and let the game run away , no attempts at ramping or moving around the crease , still they won 
    but Pakistan chucked it away with some useless cricket there , club cricket level that was at the end 
  • Options
    That ball with 13 needed off 3 is a candidate for worst ball ever 
  • Options
    Thought I understood cricket. That delivery was less above waist height then the previous one imo. Surely the ball is dead when bowled. Still hate Kohli with a passion.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Absolutely no need for such offensive insinuations. That was simply a choke. You think any Pakistani would deliberately throw a game vs India?! Ridiculous posting 

I said questions will be asked. But if you think that those questions won't be asked by Pakistan supporters then think again. That won't be based on one ball. Narwaz can land a ball on a 10pence piece. He's not a club bowler. He bowled a waist high full toss (the only no ball in the game) and then fired two down the leg side. That is why questions will be asked. 

Cheating is prevalent in the game and I am not just talking Pakistan players. Ask Oooah about the Sussex v Kent game that he emailed me about when I worked at Betfair where a certain player was later found guilty of doing so and banned. I was responsible in getting Betfair to report that game to the ECB security department.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-2629678/How-Asian-bookies-fixed-county-cricket-Former-New-Zealand-batsman-Lou-Vincents-allegations-corruption-England-revealed.html

This isn't just about money and the fact that this is India v Pakistan has no bearing whatsoever if a criminal gang is threatening to harm you family back home if you do not do as you are told takes things to a whole new level. We aren't talking about thousands of pounds at stake - we are talking about millions for a game of such a high profile. 

There will, undoubtedly, be someone looking at the betting patterns. The fact that the ICC security department will do so doesn't mean that they believe that Narwaz cheated. But they will still look. Because whether you like it or not cricket is not, unfortunately, "squeaky clean".

It was probably simply a "bottle job" by Narwaz. But if no one asks the questions in such circumstances then it will be allowed to carry on unchecked. Ooah asked that very same question and in doing so we succeeded in ridding cricket of such a cheat. So please take the "offensive insinuation" accusation back. It is totally naive to think that questions won't be asked. Because they will. 

• Options
    £105m at the last count was matched on that game on Betfair. That's just the Betfair Exchange and doesn't include the millions bet with Licensed bookies or illegal ones. This is serious business.
  • Options
    Thought I understood cricket. That delivery was less above waist height then the previous one imo. Surely the ball is dead when bowled. Still hate Kohli with a passion.
    The waist high ball is certainly open to debate. The ball isn't dead under the Laws of the game when a batsman is bowled off a "free hit" and all the Pakistan players proved is that, even at the very highest level, not all players understand the Laws. Especially the Pakistan keeper who argues about it from the moment the ball hits the stumps 'til after he receives the ball from the throw.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic game of cricket. Kohli was brilliant. 
    Insane innings under that kind of pressure. A billion people watching on tv, 90k in the stadium and the game looking dead and buried.
  • Options
    Yep , there’s so much dodgyness going on as Addick Addict says 
    is it just a coincidence so many IPL games go to the wire … “bring it close “ is what the bookies want, so if one team looks on top the other team come back in to it 
    would it reach a game of this magnitude 🤷‍♂️ I doubt it but I would definitely not rule it out .

on a lower level the kids had a sports teacher who was a fitness coach in the UAE 
    I spent an afternoon last year with him at Lords and he was telling me UAE players were chucking international games when he was there 

• Options
    I'm sure there's some dodgy goings on in the IPL, spot-fixing etc. 

But i don't think there was anything dodgy today. Too much of a rivalry for someone to try and throw an India v Pakistan world cup match. The no-ball was a tight call, and then he also bowled him off the free hit (which they somehow ran 3 off) and got a wicket. 

Personally i just think it was a bad call from Pakistan to end up with him bowling the last over.
  • Options
    Yep , there’s so much dodgyness going on as Addick Addict says 
    is it just a coincidence so many IPL games go to the wire … “bring it close “ is what the bookies want, so if one team looks on top the other team come back in to it 
    would it reach a game of this magnitude 🤷‍♂️ I doubt it but I would definitely not rule it out .

on a lower level the kids had a sports teacher who was a fitness coach in the UAE 
    I spent an afternoon last year with him at Lords and he was telling me UAE players were chucking international games when he was there 

I'm sure there's some dodgy goings on in the IPL, spot-fixing etc. 

But i don't think there was anything dodgy today. Too much of a rivalry for someone to try and throw an India v Pakistan world cup match. The no-ball was a tight call, and then he also bowled him off the free hit (which they somehow ran 3 off) and got a wicket. 

Personally i just think it was a bad call from Pakistan to end up with him bowling the last over.
    For the record, my eldest is a professional cricket trader and he tells me about things that he hears on the grapevine. I haven't spoken to him about this game yet as he is in Australia with the Barmy Army. There are some games that he will not touch with a bargepole because cheating is so rife but, as Oohah says, they tend to be more at the lower end. That said, let's not forget that it has been proven to take place not just at county or franchise level but also in internationals featuring the top countries. This article lists just some of them and the match fixing includes some massive names in the game including, of course, Hanse Cronje:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/a-definitive-overview-of-cricket-match-fixing-betting-and-corruption-allegations-90877

There is a minimal chance that he was doing it deliberately but there will be an investigation behind the scenes as there always is in such circumstances specifically in relation to betting patterns and because of how the over went:

Ball 1 - speared into leg stump. The ball should have been hit out of the park but Hardik totally lost his shape and was caught off a leading edge (0)
    Ball 2 - a full toss that was deemed a fair ball even though it was waist high because Karthik had left his crease (1)
    Ball 3 - a very full, almost wide, yorker that Kohli dragged down (2)
    Ball 4 - another full toss and this time deemed a "no ball" because of height (7)
    Ball 5 - a "free hit" wide outside off stump (1)
    Ball 6 - a "free hit" that Kohli misses sweeping and the ball hits the stumps but the batsmen still run 3 (3)
    Ball 7 - fired down the leg side and would have been a wide had it not brushed Kathik's pad but brilliant work from Rizwan to stump him (0)
    Ball 8 - fired again down the leg side but even wider and it's another wide (1)
    Ball 9 - ball angled into the stumps and is hit over the inner ring - single completed and end of game (1)

So there were two wides and one no ball but, arguably, there could have been three wides and two no balls. Pressure does do a lot of things to the mind and that was probably the case here. That doesn't mean that the authorities won't look beyond what actually took place on the pitch.

I do agree that it was a massive gamble for Narwaz to bowl the final over. I don't know how many times Narwaz has done this but I don't recall too many occasions when the best T20 spinner in the world, Rashid Khan, has done so. If Rashid Khan isn't ever thrown the ball in these circumstances why was the bowler who went for 20 in his previous over, including three maximums, saved for the death? It was probably just appalling cricket all round and Pakistan had one of those days. 

• Options
    edited October 2022
    A bit of a farce of a game between Zimbabwe and South Africa due to the weather.

Zimbabwe, having been 19-4 at one point, managed to reach 79-5 off their 9 overs. The revised target is, due to more showers, 64 off 7 overs.

In reply, SA are 40-0 off 2 overs with De Koch on 39 plus 1 extra. Bavuma has yet to face a ball. 
  • Options
    Top tier time wasting from Zimbabwe this  :D
  • Options
    Did SA flipping murder them?
  • Options
    Oh dear. Not had official confirmation but match abandoned by the looks of things with SA on 51-0 off 3 overs and needing just 13 more runs off 24 balls. De Kock finishes on 47* (18) and Bavuma 2* (2). 

Zimbabwe needed to have bowled 5 overs or SA to have reached that target inside that time and the way things were going they probably would only have needed 3 or 4 more balls to do so.
  • Options
    Absolute farce.  The right decision to come off though.  It's absolutely hammering down 
  • Options
    Officially abandoned.