Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

T20 World Cup 2022

Comments

• Curran comes to the party, bowling McCarthy

152-8
  • edited October 2022
    Another to Curran as he cleans Hand up and finishes with 3-0-30-2

156-9 with one over to go
  • Stokes has Little caught behind to wrap the innings up

157 all out
  • Missed the first few overs. Is Stokes injured? He's only bowled 2 overs.
    Well that answers my question, he comes back on to bowl the last over and gets the final wicket. Very odd that he wasn't going to bowl his full overs.

Good comeback by England. At 92-1 after 10 i feared they might get 180ish.

157 all out is a decent total but way less than what they should've got.
  • In a strange way Stokes has actually been our "find" of the tournament in that he is not only opening the bowling but also being used at the death too. His figures so far are 6.2-0-27-3 compared to Woakes, for example, who has returned 7-0-65-1
  • Buttler out second ball - knicks off chasing a wide one
  • Hales poor form continues. Already dropped once off a sharp chance, he tries to pull a ball that is too close and a bit quick on him and only succeeds in hitting it straight up

14-2 off 2.4
  • Stokes bowled for half a dozen from a "beaut" by Hand. England in a spot of bother

29-3 off 5.1
  • Wood said it at the half time interview - albeit that Wood was far from the worst, we didn't bowl that well in the conditions. Ireland are exploiting them far better.
  • 37-3 off 6. Ireland were 59-1 at the same stage.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hales needs to be dropped. Woefully out of from and a liability in the field.
  • We're in a bit of trouble here 
  • Isa Guha is spot on - we can't afford any rain right now because we are miles behind on DLS
  • 63-6 off 10 and 95 required

Ireland were 92-1 at the same point

Malan 23* (26)
    Brook 17* (19)
  • Brook dropped, Malan dropped and then Brook caught. All in the same over!

68-4 off 11
  • 86-4 off 13

72 required off 7
  • Malan caught off a leading edge for 35 (37)

86-5
  • Dunno what I'm supporting here tbh. Banter, England, defending Malan, hero Moeen? A wealth of opportunity 
  • 93-5 off 14

65 off 6 required
  • edited October 2022
    Isa Guha is spot on - we can't afford any rain right now because we are miles behind on DLS
    And there we have it. We are 5 behind at present and the only reason we are that close is because Moeen has 24 off 12
  • Sponsored links:

• Come on Ireland.
    The rain has been imported from Ballycasey.
  • 10 minutes to re-start the game
  • edited October 2022
    Match abandoned

Frankly, we didn't deserve to win. Some very poor plans and execution from the bowlers (Woakes in particular) followed by ordinary shots and the "ball chewer" doing what he does. If you are going to bat that slowly and not rotate then you have to be there at the end. Otherwise you are denying the opportunity for players like Moeen and Livingstone to do what they can do which is striking the ball from the off. Especially poor when you know that rain is in the air.
  • Easy to say now but i think given the situation we were in and with the rain coming, Livingstone should've come in higher up the order.
  • England only have themselves to blame. 
  • Loser of aus vs England almost certainly to be dumped out of the tournament 
  • I genuinely believe we weren’t on D/L watch till it was too late 
    Poor
  • Our own fault, not a great performance and were on the back foot. Could end up helping with NRR potentially? assuming it comes into play, rather than if we had lost. I know Ali did well but still a tall order to come back from then, we must win next so hopefully the real England turn up! 
    Jos just rubbished that,  they bowled so they knew what to do when batting second with D/L … just pony