Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• edited November 2022
    Shame... Poland didnt deserve to advance!!

Hate the fact too that the KO rounds mostly end up being Europe vs South America

Great job Australia | United States | Senegal to avoid that so far

Japan | Morocco | Ghana are the likely ones to join them
  • Poland very lucky to go through, but at least it wasn't on the Yellow cards.
  • Jammy French have piss easy opponents 
  • Jammy French have piss easy opponents 
    France have never beat Poland at the World Cup, yes they have come up against each other
  • Shame... Poland didnt deserve to advance!!

Hate the fact too that the KO rounds mostly end up being Europe vs South America

Japan are unlikely to join them ! 
  • MrOneLung said:

If they do it will be one of the great world cup stories and potentially knock Spain out!
  • MrOneLung said:

True, but they're in the driving seat at the moment

Least we've got one Nation through from each confederation already
  • I really think there will be an upset Saturday 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    I really think there will be an upset Saturday 
    Burton to win at MK Dons?
  • Some pretty uninspiring matches in the R16 so far. 
  • edited November 2022
    Some pretty uninspiring matches in the R16 so far. 
    I suppose all 4 favourites to win their groups have so far and so you'd expect a clear favourite in each game to come out of that.

But a) there's bound to be close games/surprises in those games and b) if not, the QFs will look very good.
  • Some pretty uninspiring matches in the R16 so far. 
    I suppose all 4 favourites to win their groups have so far and so you'd expect a clear favourite in each game to come out of that.

But a) there's bound to be close gajes/surprises in those games and b) if not, the QFs will look very good.
    Group E has the best chance of sending a "big" team through as runner up, if Spain and Germany both win tomorrow
  • Poland were so poor that I now expect them to go and knock France out at the weekend 
  • edited November 2022
    Of the four group winners, England qualify with the best group stage record.

A: Netherlands, 7pts +4
    B: England, 7pts +7
    C: Argentina, 6pts +3
    D; France, 6pts +3

• Told you they win it 
    it’s all done 
  • Incredible entertainment at the end of that Saudi/Mexico game.

Shame they’ve both gone out. Both had massive fanbases in Doha and their games had some of the best atmosphere yet.
  • Few surprises over 3 games. Argentina were always getting 6 points even after losing their first game. 
  • Sponsored links:

• It was a weak group and they made a meal out of it. 
  • Argentina have the luck of the draw in this tournament. Shouldn't play a top side before the semis and that group was the lowest quality of all imo.
  • I'm not sure how anybody says the 2nd round doesn't look interesting.

It's the World Cup ffs!
  • I know it didn't come to it, but how on this earth are we getting into a situation where a team can go out based on the number of cards. I know it happened before, but most ridiculous rule ever! 

I was really willing Mexico to knick a late goal, Poland deserved to lose by a few more really and always get the hype of underdogs, have a chance mostly as Lewangoalksi.
  • I know it didn't come to it, but how on this earth are we getting into a situation where a team can go out based on the number of cards. I know it happened before, but most ridiculous rule ever! 

I was really willing Mexico to knick a late goal, Poland deserved to lose by a few more really and always get the hype of underdogs, have a chance mostly as Lewangoalksi.
    In fairness the yellow card thing is something like the 8th tiebreaker. Not sure what else FIFA could propose before they're forced to draw lots, maybe shots on target across all games?

In fairness the yellow card thing is something like the 8th tiebreaker. Not sure what else FIFA could propose before they're forced to draw lots, maybe shots on target across all games?
    Shots on target is probably better, at least it encourages people to go for it, although I'd rather a shootout, even if it's the next day or however the logistics would work. The fact it's happened and nearly again, it needs to be looked into imo. 
  • edited December 2022
    I know it didn't come to it, but how on this earth are we getting into a situation where a team can go out based on the number of cards. I know it happened before, but most ridiculous rule ever!
    The worst rule is the very next one... Had Mexico | Poland tied on cards, then the team to advance would have been on the drawing of lots - How can something like that be decided on a game of chance, and off the Football pitch

Bet if that ever happens, it'll only happen the once going forward, as bet there will be a lot of complaints about it
    The worst rule is the very next one... Had Mexico | Poland tied on cards, then the team to advance would have been on the drawing of lots - How can something like that be decided on a game of chance, and off the Football pitch

Bet if that ever happens, it'll only happen the once going forward, as bet there will be a lot of complaints about it
    What else is there I guess?

2/3 of the time the teams will be at different grounds hundreds of miles away so you can't make them take penalties or whatever.

You're left with lots, or something pretty arbitrary like how many shots they had on target in the 3 games.

2/3 of the time the teams will be at different grounds hundreds of miles away so you can't make them take penalties or whatever.

You're left with lots, or something pretty arbitrary like how many shots they had on target in the 3 games.
    If there is a realistic prospect of two sides being tied on points, GD and goals scored, simply have each team send a keeper (they have at least 3) to the other ground and have a virtual penalty shootout with the other ground being shown on the big screens.

Thats where shots on target should maybe come into it

But you're right on locations - 2018 was a perfect example (and 2026 will be) of a Geographical nightmare... England were based in St. Petersburg, Tunisia (Moscow) | Panama (Volga) | Belgium (Moscow) - Thats at least an hour flight if we needed to play a penalty shootout to decide 2nd spot.