Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• Deserved equaliser. You'd fancy Croatia to beat Belgium in the final game
  • good to see that both N American countries can now hold their own with almost any other nation .. danger is they will come to dominate world football  :*
    Where have you moved Mexico to?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    good to see that both N American countries can now hold their own with almost any other nation .. danger is they will come to dominate world football  :*
    Where have you moved Mexico to?
    good point .. 2 outta 3 aint bad
  • First half Golfie from Croatia, Canada in trouble now
  • Canada must win this, over attacking they will obviously be open for quick counter attacks
  • Another good goal 
  • edited November 2022
    I still fancy Croatia to score a couple of goals so Canada need more goals.
    Canada need another goal... Croatia are taking control

I posted 10 seconds before Croatia hit the net for the first goal but more to do with Croatia going up to top gear and so no surprise from the Best team in the Balkans. 
  • mmmm defeat looms for the Canucks
  • Mixed emotions, as this increases Belgium's chances of being knocked out
  • i m o good to see the Arab/N African nations and others getting into the mix at the expense of the 'established football nations'
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2022
    Unlike Belgium, this Croatian team haven't gone over the hill as a group and enjoyable 1st half with the nous of the red squares shining through. Canada may get effed in the 2nd half.
  • Belgium won’t handle this Croatia team
  • edited November 2022
    Looks likely Croatia’s quality will push home the advantage here. Needs some tactical wizardry for Canada to get a foothold in the game again. Chasing shadows a bit since Croatia equalised. They won’t stop running though and stranger things have happened. 
  • One thing I will say for Canada, they play the kind of football I’d love to see Charlton playing. Garner might claim to be an attacking coach but we consistently retreat into cautious sideways passing more worrried about not losing the ball than doing anything constructive with it. Canada play neat passing football but they look to move quickly through the lines, everyone plays on the turn, and every player’s first thought is can I move this ball up the pitch. They’re not blessed with oodles of quality but they play with energy, vigour, and tempo. Much more exciting and entertaining than having 65% of the ball but all 50 yards from goal. 
  • edited November 2022
    Ooh, that wasn’t a million miles wide. 
  • One thing I will say for Canada, they play the kind of football I’d love to see Charlton playing. Garner might claim to be an attacking coach but we consistently retreat into cautious sideways passing more worrried about not losing the ball than doing anything constructive with it. Canada play neat passing football but they look to move quickly through the lines, everyone plays on the turn, and every player’s first thought is can I move this ball up the pitch. They’re not blessed with oodles of quality but they play with energy, vigour, and tempo. Much more exciting and entertaining than having 65% of the ball but all 50 yards from goal. 
    Yeah, but you need a lot of extremely quick, athletic players to play like that, and if you don't have someone of Davies' class, nothing sticks up front, and you can get easily picked off with players out of position defensively
  • I mean, Leicester won the league pkaying like that. Klopp's sides play a bit like that. But you're not going to get that in League One 
  • edited November 2022
    Anyone who's both fast and technical gets snapped up by at least the Championship instantly. Or someone who's fast and even slightly technical, witness Doughty 
    so long as it's winning football lol
  • CBT has had Championship interest and he's about as technical as Jason Pearce 
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    I mean, Leicester won the league pkaying like that. Klopp's sides play a bit like that. But you're not going to get that in League One 
    I would say we played somewhat like that under Bowyer. I mean, we’re trying to play like Man City or Spain in League One. Personally, if you’re hell bent on playing “attacking football” in League One, I think you’ve got more chance of playing a more direct high tempo running game than trying to slowly pass the ball into net threading through massed ranks defences. 
  • Good save Casey Keller 

Thought he'd retired a long time ago.....
  • edited November 2022
    Leuth said:
    I mean, Leicester won the league pkaying like that. Klopp's sides play a bit like that. But you're not going to get that in League One 
    I would say we played somewhat like that under Bowyer. I mean, we’re trying to play like Man City or Spain in League One. Personally, if you’re hell bent on playing “attacking football” in League One, I think you’ve got more chance of playing a more direct high tempo running game than trying to slowly pass the ball into net threading through massed ranks defences. 
    We do play like Man City, it’s just Man City from around 1998 that we’re emulating unfortunately!
  • Canada living life in the edge a bit but we do still have a game on. 
  • Leuth said:
    Who does play like that in League One? Fast players don't stick around. Easier to coach decent players around a technical game than turn them into some sort of Kloppian heavy-metal machine when they don't have the legs but do at least have some skill. MK Dons last season showed what a well-implemented possession game can do, and came within an ace of automatic promotion. The alternative appears to be solid, defence-based Rotherhamming
  • edited November 2022
    Leuth said:
    I would say we played somewhat like that under Bowyer. 
    At its best with that Pratley and Watson midfield
  • Leuth said:
    CBT has had Championship interest and he's about as technical as Jason Pearce 

I must've missed it when Jason went past players on the inside or outside after a 30 yard sprint. Corey is erratic, and that's why he's still at Cafc in League 1 this season.

Back to the World Cup.

• So many male world cup football fans across the globe are massively punching when the cameras pan onto them and they look like they live in Slough Wetherspoons next to catwalk models looking at them adoringly in their fancy dress.
  • 3 1
    Game over 
  • And that's what happens when you give the ball away needlessly, time and time again.