Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• Germany can lose tonight and still go through if they beat Costa Rica and Japan lose to Spain, which you'd expect. GD would then separate 3 sides on 3 points.

• Every cross has been way too high and loopy
  • If:

Germany lose to Spain tonight 
    Japan lose to Spain 
    Germany hammer Costa Rica

will Germany go through on goal difference despite losing to Japan?

• se9addick said:
    If:

Japan lose to Spain 

Yes, unless Spain hammer them and don't hammer japan, which is the morally correct thing to do
  • Japan have blown a big chance today.
  • se9addick said:
    If:

Japan lose to Spain 

Yes, although Spain could, in that position, decide to gift Japan a draw to knock Germany out.
  • edited November 2022
    This could be a close game but I hope Japan can win but would expect only by one goal as Costa Rica need to find some pride.

Nearly a good call but no real surprise because Costa Rica got in touch with Tony Pulis and used his blueprint for getting players behind the ball. Before the Spanish game they didn't concede many goals.

So both Saudi Arabia and Japan who had famous victories in their first match lose their next match and can't score.

This is how tornament football has alway been but with social media now individual matches are life and death and they aren't especially if it's the first match in the group matches.

If Germany get a draw today against a timid Spain( may copy England in being negative after big win) I expect Germany to qualify with a win against Costa Rica.
  • JaShea99 said:
    That stat about the lack of goals in the 10am KOs is stupid because they’ve obviously picked the ones that are likely to be more boring to be earlier games. Eg. Spain/Germany tonight was never gonna be a 10am.
    Are the games not pre-determined when the groups are drawn?
    Are they? I didn’t think the times were. Surely it’s not a coincidence that you haven’t had any decent countries playing at 10. Except Argentina’s first.
  • Very disapointed with Japan. Germany can lose later and still be favourites to go through with Spain. There are some teams which are better when you try to beat them.
  • edited November 2022
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    That stat about the lack of goals in the 10am KOs is stupid because they’ve obviously picked the ones that are likely to be more boring to be earlier games. Eg. Spain/Germany tonight was never gonna be a 10am.
    Are they? I didn’t think the times were. Surely it’s not a coincidence that you haven’t had any decent countries playing at 10. Except Argentina’s first.
    I dunno, that’s why I asked. Maybe A1 v A2 is predetermined but as you say, the times aren’t.
  • Sponsored links:

• The masciat never wrong Derby coming up! Maybe we'll finally sign a couple of players in this game, Hakimi and De Bruyne wouldn't be too bad :wink:
  • If this effing commentator mentions Mbappe’s pace one more time Im hitting the mute button. Standard of commentary Standard of commentary on both stations the entire competition has been utter tripe. 
    Everyone’s got pace, just like even short people have height. 
  • I think Germany will qualify now, unless they lose to Spain and then Japan and Spain play out an honourable draw. At least Costa Rica have something to play for but you'd expect Germany to beat them.
  • People's Republic of Ebbsfleet holding their own
  • Breaking news CL members getting upset with Commentators. I have no problem at all with any of the commentators. It a cult on here with Lord Romford turning into Dreyfus from pink Panther with this obsession about Clive T on ITV.

I feel like Casanova at an orgy and can't say I'm always listening to every word. I have had practice at not listening after 30 years of marriage 🗣️
  • Breaking news CL members getting upset with Commentators. I have no problem at all with any of the commentators. It a cult on here with Lord Romford turning into Dreyfus from pink Panther with this obsession about Clive T on ITV.

I feel like Casanova at an orgy and can't say I'm always listening to every word. I have had practice at not listening after 30 years of marriage 🗣️
    You gonna ignore that they've been naming the wrong Moroccan keeper for 20 minutes? 

Would call it racist but would end up shutting the thread down. 

• Commentator finally admits his mistake at getting the goalkeepers wrong after 37 minutes. 
  • edited November 2022
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    I dunno, that’s why I asked. Maybe A1 v A2 is predetermined but as you say, the times aren’t.
    This is the first World Cup where all the kick off times were not pre determined by the draw. They’ve been shuffled around to maximise viewing figures. It’s why all the US games are kicking off at 7pm (2pm New York) instead of 10am (5am New York) for example.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2022
    Game on... Game off!! - Belgium are lucky fuckers

Why does the referee need to be checking for an offside???
  • Off_it said:
    Breaking news CL members getting upset with Commentators. I have no problem at all with any of the commentators. It a cult on here with Lord Romford turning into Dreyfus from pink Panther with this obsession about Clive T on ITV.

You gonna ignore that they've been naming the wrong Moroccan keeper for 20 minutes? 

Why would you call it racist if he never read the teamsheet properly?
    A different goalkeeper sung the anthem than walked out on the pitch for the game. 

Surely as the commentator, there at the game, you should be able to distinguish two very different looking goalkeepers? 
  • Off_it said:
    Breaking news CL members getting upset with Commentators. I have no problem at all with any of the commentators. It a cult on here with Lord Romford turning into Dreyfus from pink Panther with this obsession about Clive T on ITV.

A different goalkeeper sung the anthem than walked out on the pitch for the game. 

Surely as the commentator, there at the game, you should be able to distinguish two very different looking goalkeepers? 
    Unprofessionalism then...
  • edited November 2022
    Huge let off for Belgium on stroke of half time. Correct decision made by VAR though.
  • I think that was the right call. Ref presumably had a look to see if he touched it or whether he obscured the keeper.
  • edited November 2022
    Game on... Game off!! - Belgium are lucky fuckers

Why does the referee need to be checking for an offside???
    The tech can’t determine whether the player interfered with the goalkeeper. That was the only element that needed checking manually.
  • Off_it said:

Unprofessionalism then...
    Na racist, much more dramatic…

Why am I not surprised that you see racism everywhere !
  • I'm fine with it just being unprofessional as well. 

As long as you admit that if Pope replaced Pickford in goal, they'd be able to tell within 30 seconds.