Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• Mexico just have no clue how to attack, do they? Awful
  • You'd fancy the Saudis to beat Mexico, as Mexico are so toothless. That should make Argentina vs Poland a cracker
  • Looks like Harold Bishop is managing the Mexicans 
  • Has anyone maintained a 100% record for catching every game live on the box?

It's a bit easier to have the commentary on the radio with the wfh thing and I've adjusted my lunchtimes to catch the second half of the 1pm games live but I'm quite jealous of those who've retired and are able to plan their days around 4 games a day if they want! 
    I have watched one live game for the full 90 minutes and that was England v Iran. Other than that been catching 20 minutes here and there of some, not all of the other matches.

I am recording the hi lights on both ITV and BBC and at this stage it’s been enough for me.
  • Incredible strike
  • You'd fancy the Saudis to beat Mexico, as Mexico are so toothless. That should make Argentina vs Poland a cracker
    Can't defend either, switched off completely from that short corner
  • I was expecting more from the Mexicans
  • That’s a great goal 
  • edited November 2022
    Just tuning in. Is it just me or should the keeper not save Messi's goal. He gets down so late
  • This group is all over the shop. I do fancy Poland could cause Argentina a few problems. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Just tuning in. Is it just me or should the keeper not save Messi's goal. He gets down so late
    It was right in the bottom corner though and hit pretty hard. Maybe one of those that just goes down as a decent strike
  • How can you not love Messi? What a strike
    Never really seen him as Argentinian, even when he plays for them - I'd be quite happy if Messi could win the World Cup, but Argentina dont if that makes any sense

Get him to switch nationalities and we can all be happy.
    Well we dont really need him, not when we have Mount
  • They’re just very good and know how to win tournaments.

We’re on course to meet in the quarters. Even with Kante and Pogba out, I can’t see how anyone touches them, Brazil aside.
    Think they can be beaten. Defensively suspect.
    You talking about England 🤔🤣
  • Has anyone maintained a 100% record for catching every game live on the box?

It's a bit easier to have the commentary on the radio with the wfh thing and I've adjusted my lunchtimes to catch the second half of the 1pm games live but I'm quite jealous of those who've retired and are able to plan their days around 4 games a day if they want! 
    Yes, I've seen every game. Had to pause it a couple of times. 
  • cafctom said:

Something to tell the grandkids about one day.
    What a moment for you 
  • Group A winner (& to qualify for next round):
    Netherlands 1/3 (1/50)
    Ecuador 4/1 (2/5)
    Senegal 16/1 (2/1)

Group B winner (& to qualify for next round):
    England 1/6 (1/100)
    USA 10/1 (10/11)
    Iran 16/1 (11/10)
    Wales 250/1 (20/1)

Group C winner (& to qualify for next round):
    Argentina 1/2 (1/5)
    Poland 9/4 (2/5)
    Saudi Arabia 16/1 (11/4)
    Mexico 200/1 (11/4)

Group D to qualify for next round:
    Denmark 1/2
    Australia 6/4
    Tunisia 16/1

• Argentinas World Cup 
    Clueless 
    Not so clueless now chubby chops youc unt 
  • Sponsored links:

• Mbappe with 250 career goals including 31 for France and still only 23 years old is incredible.

What is even more incredible is that he'd have to score 50 goals a year until he's 34 to get to Ronaldo's numbers.
    You look at stats like that, it's been used with Haaland as well, and it really hits home how good and for how long Ronaldo was.
  • Assuming England will finish top of our group.

Our last 16 fixture will be either Ecuador or Senegal. Neither would be as easy fixture but the odds will certainly be on us to get through it.

The QF will then likely be France. 

Would be an absolute cracking game and the BBC better be covering it!
  • Dave2l said:
    Assuming England will finish top of our group.

Our last 16 fixture will be either Ecuador or Senegal. Neither would be as easy fixture but the odds will certainly be on us to get through it.

If Valencia is fit then Ecuador would be a tough match. Fancy England to beat either of them however.
  • edited November 2022
    Dave2l said:
    We play France at any point - then it’s a given we need Walker back in the team as it’s pace all over the shop with them.

Would play Trippier and Shaw as wing backs - and get Walker in as one of the three.

Been more impressed with Dembele than Mbappe….. and whilst they have a tonne of pace, technically they don’t look as great as I expected 
    Agree with that. I’d have to go 3-5-2. Walker, Henderson and Foden in for Mount, Saka and Sterling.
    Pickford
    Walker - Stones - Maguire
    Trippier - Henderson - Rice - Bellingham - Shaw
    Kane - Foden

Or Bellingham - Kane - Foden up front so 3-4-3?

We all want to see the foden that plays well under guardiola, but it probably ain't gana happen at this world Cup.

Maybe replace sterling for foden in the two up top.

Sterling and Kane have always worked well together. 

Worked well together when Harry gave Sterling a great ball to attack against Iran or we play San Marino but overall they rarely look like they are on the same wavelength.  Kane and Son(Spurs !) are on a different level of understanding. 
  • edited November 2022
    The talk of Mbappe being the best player in the world? 

He's not even the best striker. Haaland is different planet if you compare the two of them. 

You're comparing two different type of players: Mbappe is the best winger/striker whereas Haaland is the best Central striker.
  • The talk of Mbappe being the best player in the world? 

He's not even the best striker. Haaland is different planet if you compare the two of them. 

Your comparing two different type of players: Mbappe is the best winger/striker whereas Haaland is the best Central striker.
    You would certainly put them both in a world 11, with Bale obviously 🙄 
  • As Argentina walked off against Saudi Arabia beaten, I said on CL they would still qualify with 6 points and top the group as Saudi Arabia would struggle to emulate that victory.  
  • Dave2l said:
    Assuming England will finish top of our group.

Mbappe running at Maguire already scares me.

We'd have to play a back 3 with Walker in there to give ourselves any chance.