Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• Mbappe needs to win the golden boot at this world cup because Norway will qualify for the next one 😉 
  • ValleyGary said:
    Callumcafc said:
    They’re just very good and know how to win tournaments.

We’re on course to meet in the quarters. Even with Kante and Pogba out, I can’t see how anyone touches them, Brazil aside.
    Think they can be beaten. Defensively suspect.
    I mean um, you've seen our defense too?!

• They’re just very good and know how to win tournaments.

We’re on course to meet in the quarters. Even with Kante and Pogba out, I can’t see how anyone touches them, Brazil aside.
    Reckon Denmark beat them today if they had Harry Kane
  • The talk of Mbappe being the best player in the world? 

He's not even the best striker. Haaland is different planet if you compare the two of them. 
  • Come on Mexico!

Could Argentina be the first side out if they lose here?
  • supaclive said:
    ValleyGary said:
    Callumcafc said:
    They’re just very good and know how to win tournaments.

Think they can be beaten. Defensively suspect.
    I mean um, you've seen our defense too?!

What makes you think I was talking about us? They could play Argentina in last 16.
  • Come on Mexico!

Qatar already out but otherwise yes, they'd be second.
  • edited November 2022
    In English referee news...

Michael Oliver will be refereeing Japan v Costa Rica tomorrow.

Anthony Taylor will be refereeing South Korea v Ghana the following day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Back from watching a quite miserable England performance but overall the trip was enjoyable. 

Everywhere in Qatar seems like it's about 20 minutes away. In a taxi from the airport to the pub, and then later from the pub to the stadium we drove past 3 other world cup stadiums. As we pulled up to the hotel we'd booked a table at in one of the bars, the Dutch team coach was just pulling away.

One thing that struck me was the bar was full of fans from different nations all mixing and enjoying themselves. Groups from England (obviously), Wales, USA, Denmark, Brazil, Ecuador, Mexico, Holland, Brazil, Iran all in the same bar we were in (Belgian beer cafe which is absolutely huge for anyone heading over). No sign of trouble, just fans having a good time. The distance from England (and most likely the fear of arrest) means you simply don't get the typical dickheads who will no doubt be at the Euro's in Germany in 2024.

Was actually quite surprised at the number of American fans there and their constant 'USA, USA' chant gets annoying after a while but they were all quite pleasant. A few wanted photos with England fans. Also met a random guy and his son, one in a Villa shirt with Watkins on the back, the kid in a Leicester shirt with Vardy, asked them why they supported different teams, turns out they weren't English but Hungarian, love the premier league and just enjoy buying different team shirts and were out there just to follow England and see the players.

Also saw a mad Colombian guy at the game, dressed head to toe in their team colours, including wig and even Colombia coloured trainers. Bizarre (for me anyway) because Colombia haven't even qualified for this world cup! Will also echo what @QatarNapsy said earlier, tons of Mexican fans everywhere. 

Match as everyone knows was dreadful, but looking forward to the Wales game on Tuesday when we're flying back out there. Surely we can't be as bad as that again.
    Chris, would it not have been cheaper to stay out there rather than fly out twice ? 
  • Argies at it already. Hardly touched him.
  • Come on Mexico!

Qatar already out but otherwise yes, they'd be second.
    Ah forgot about Qatar, cheers.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Back from watching a quite miserable England performance but overall the trip was enjoyable. 

Everywhere in Qatar seems like it's about 20 minutes away. In a taxi from the airport to the pub, and then later from the pub to the stadium we drove past 3 other world cup stadiums. As we pulled up to the hotel we'd booked a table at in one of the bars, the Dutch team coach was just pulling away.

One thing that struck me was the bar was full of fans from different nations all mixing and enjoying themselves. Groups from England (obviously), Wales, USA, Denmark, Brazil, Ecuador, Mexico, Holland, Brazil, Iran all in the same bar we were in (Belgian beer cafe which is absolutely huge for anyone heading over). No sign of trouble, just fans having a good time. The distance from England (and most likely the fear of arrest) means you simply don't get the typical dickheads who will no doubt be at the Euro's in Germany in 2024.

Was actually quite surprised at the number of American fans there and their constant 'USA, USA' chant gets annoying after a while but they were all quite pleasant. A few wanted photos with England fans. Also met a random guy and his son, one in a Villa shirt with Watkins on the back, the kid in a Leicester shirt with Vardy, asked them why they supported different teams, turns out they weren't English but Hungarian, love the premier league and just enjoy buying different team shirts and were out there just to follow England and see the players.

Also saw a mad Colombian guy at the game, dressed head to toe in their team colours, including wig and even Colombia coloured trainers. Bizarre (for me anyway) because Colombia haven't even qualified for this world cup! Will also echo what @QatarNapsy said earlier, tons of Mexican fans everywhere. 

Match as everyone knows was dreadful, but looking forward to the Wales game on Tuesday when we're flying back out there. Surely we can't be as bad as that again.
    Chris, would it not have been cheaper to stay out there rather than fly out twice ? 
    I live in Dubai so it's only a 50 minute flight which were about £140 return each.
  • No one rolls like a South American.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Back from watching a quite miserable England performance but overall the trip was enjoyable. 

I live in Dubai so it's only a 50 minute flight which were about £140 return each.
    Doh(a)!

I did actually know that, but just totally forgot. 
  • Christ his movement is decent, but just lets the ball hit him on the line

No need to suck him off ITV
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Ally McMoist creaming his pants 🍆

Any commentator whenever Mbappe does anything that isn’t shit:

Just wait until Messi scores from 1 foot out after the ball hits his arse

"More magic from the Argentinian genius"
  • I think this world cup might be more boring than South Africa 
  • Watching Messi nowadays is like that kid we all went to school with who had all the skills nobody else had but fucked you off when you had first pick, chose him for your team, then he just fucked around doing pointless stuff that didn’t achieve anything 
  • Watching Messi nowadays is like that kid we all went to school with who had all the skills nobody else had but fucked you off when you had first pick, chose him for your team, then he just fucked around doing pointless stuff that didn’t achieve anything 
    Yeah …. Like that 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2022
    Bollocks - Least the Argies can still crash out if they dont beat Poland
  • Great finish 
  • Amazing finish 
  • How can you not love Messi? What a strike

That's more Ronaldo than Messi these days.
  • He doesn't do much these days, but that ability to produce a bit of magic is priceless

That's more Ronaldo than Messi these days.
    Was just about to say the same thing. Messi still contributes so much to the Argentina team, is pretty much the main man in almost every game they play. Ronaldo is a real issue for both club an country now.

Awful take from Damo TBH!
    Never really seen him as Argentinian, even when he plays for them - I'd be quite happy if Messi could win the World Cup, but Argentina dont if that makes any sense
    Never really seen him as Argentinian, even when he plays for them - I'd be quite happy if Messi could win the World Cup, but Argentina dont if that makes any sense

Get him to switch nationalities and we can all be happy.