Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• Spain beating Germany and Japan beating Costa Rica in the next round doesn't look impossible! The Germans would be out with one game still to play.
    Impossible? I’d say it’s a huge probability! 
  • Amendment to a recent post of mine .. Some games WILL be easier than others   :*
  • Spain beating Germany and Japan beating Costa Rica in the next round of Group E doesn't look impossible! The Germans would be out with one game still to play.
    Germany will have to hope for a miracle and that Costa Rica massively improve against Japan, that game is earlier on. Japan win, then Germany will have to beat Spain to stay in.
  • Even if Germany beat Spain, then realistically all three teams could end up on 6 points and GD comes into play
  • Spain beating Germany and Japan beating Costa Rica in the next round of Group E doesn't look impossible! The Germans would be out with one game still to play.
    Japan wouldnt even need to beat Costa Rica in that scenario
  • Spain v Germany and Mexico v Argentina are now massively big games at the weekend.
  • JaShea99 said:
    Why is there so much added on time in this WC? Are they taking water breaks?
    New FIFA guidelines. Aiming to maximise playing time and to combat time wasting.
    It's only right. I hope they get more strick in our league. I'd also like to see a change to the law of obstruction.
  • Looking forward to seeing Canada tonight.

Always a little bit better when its not the same old Nations - Feel they're a bit of a dark horse, especially with Croatia / Morocco drawing earlier.

Always a little bit better when its not the same old Nations - Feel they're a bit of a dark horse, especially with Croatia / Morocco drawing earlier.
    The Canadian TV viewers tuning in will be confused why they're playing on grass and not ice
  • Sponsored links:

Yeh will certainly be supporting Canada when watching the game. Can only watch evening games and looking forward to this one. 

The Belgium are great thing is repetitive and annoying. They've won nothing.

They heavily rely on de bruyne. 
  • Belgium line up looks weak. Fancy Canada front three causes a few problems.
  • yet more VAR controversy, the 'automatic system' ultimately is still in the hands (or eyes) of a human it seems
     Argentina left furious as theory emerges over FIFA and VAR mistake at World Cup (msn.com)
  • edited November 2022
    I went to a one of Canada's world cup qualifiers vs. Panama. It was late Autumn in Edmonton (-5 degC with snow piled up around the pitch) so not ideal conditions for the Panamanians, and I don't know how good Panama are, but Canada were actually a lot better than I expected. Energetic and neat and tidy, with some good threats in attack. I don't know if they're quite good enough to make it out of the group, but both Belgium and Croatia are ageing sides on a downward trajectory. I think a youthful Canada could cause them some problems and certainly aren't going to be whipping boys like we just saw with Costa Rica.
  • Shout out for Alphonso Davies, as well, who grew up in Edmonton.
  • Excellent... Penalty to Canada
  • Come on Canada!
  • Canadians in the stands jumping around celebrating going: "What does that mean, does their man have to go into the sin bin?"
  • Sponsored links:

• Think the penalty decision was right, but a poor pen.
  • Awful penalty, that had to go in Canada you feel
  • Urgh, that's a weak penalty.
  • Well, he's tried to tickle that in and failed miserably
  • Got a game on our hands though I feel.

Canada started very brightly, that wasnt against the run of play
  • Belgians haven't turned up yet.
  • Fantastic offside call there.
  • edited November 2022
    yet more VAR controversy, the 'automatic system' ultimately is still in the hands (or eyes) of a human it seems
     Argentina left furious as theory emerges over FIFA and VAR mistake at World Cup (msn.com)

Urgh, this is going to keep being brought up by journalists who don't understand how the semi-automation works, isn't it?

The whole basis of this article is wrong... the point of semi-automating these decisions is that the official does not have to pick the defender, it's done automatically for them.