Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• This world cup is brilliant football - wise so far

Not watching it, but some great matches so far. Argentina losing to the Saudi's, Japan (who I always have a soft spot for) and obviously England. I'll skip Denmark-Tunisia and the Croatian and Mexican bore fests, but great to see some upsets. Seems like we only get one a day just now so Spain should be safe, but the winter world cup is throwing up some beauties!!
  • Japan 'do a Saudi' .. two world cup powerhouses the Argies and the Chermans can only score from the spot .. are we seeing the long awaited rise of the 'new footballing countries' ?

Germany was at best, very poor especially in defence, the Japanese outran, outthought and outfought them .. as for the Croats, like the Germans and Argentinians, is this a World Cup too far for another aging team that has not been adequately rebuilt ?
  • I just hope England win when it really fully matters when we are up against a big nation in the knockouts.

England have always been a great footballing nation but we sometimes just turn into bottle jobs and we don't have enough to prove we are better than everyone else.

I personally think we are the best but we never show it.

I believe I England even though we never believe in ourselves.

Our young player coaching is excellent.  Just the FA and appointment of past managers is the shitter 
  • At the time I thought Kane should have been taken off, with the game already won.
  • se9addick said:
    I get that Laura Woods is fit, but she’s not a great presenter 
    She's v fit and that's enough for me
  • se9addick said:
    Really? Not seen her TV football coverage (presumably she's on some pay TV channel), but she's generally excellent on TalkSport (won radio sports presenter of the year 2 years in a row) and was decent enough on C4's NFL coverage
  • se9addick said:
    Really? Not seen her TV football coverage (presumably she's on some pay TV channel), but she's generally excellent on TalkSport (won radio sports presenter of the year 2 years in a row) and was decent enough on C4's NFL coverage
    Very good on the darts as well.
  • Quality from Spain 

• Another giant killing golfie is on the cards...
  • Sponsored links:

• This could be a cricket score
  • This Spain side arent bad
  • edited November 2022
    Spain joining England and France as the best sides so far.

(It’s almost as though the bookies knew what they were doing having all three teams in the top five in the betting!)
  • Spain won't go into HT with the danger scoreline of a 1-0 lead!
  • Costa Rica are terrible. 
  • Germany Vs Spain on Sunday will be epic!
    So, if it was on at 4pm on Saturday would you rather watch that then us v Stockport. On the tv. 
  • se9addick said:
    who cares ;)
  • Germany Vs Spain on Sunday will be epic!
    So, if it was on at 4pm on Saturday would you rather watch that then us v Stockport. On the tv. 
    100% yes
  • That honking is very annoying!
  • A tired challenge by the defender, after 29 minutes!
  • Sponsored links:

• A tired challenge by the defender, after 29 minutes!
    Must play for Charlton
  • We were talking about the worst team at the tournament, think we might need a playoff between Qatar and Costa Rica
  • Spain are class 
  • Spain are doing this passing business all wrong 
  • edited November 2022
    The apparent weakness of Costa Rica is incredibly bad news for Germany. They probably have to beat Spain!
  • se9addick said:
    We were talking about the worst team at the tournament, think we might need a playoff between Qatar and Costa Rica
    I wonder how opinions will change after 2 games each.  We could think Germany are one of the worst teams by then.
  • Cant wait to see Charlton breaking out from their box, with a Cheltenham player desperately unable to tackle Ryan Inniss as he gracefully advances up field with the ball - What with us learning from the Spaniards today
  • se9addick said:
    Each to their own, regardless of her being fit... i think she is great on sky sports/ darts and has been fairly ok here too, most people have an agenda when it comes to female commentators. There are a few rubbish ones but Laura isn't one, nor is Alex Scott (Not because of the armband incident) 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Spain are doing this passing business all wrong 

What's that strange thing the players that don't have the ball are doing?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Spain are doing this passing business all wrong 
    Ha it’s funny because I couldn’t help but make a comparison in my head before I read your post…

Spain drew 0-0 with Sweden and 1-1 with Poland playing this way at the Euros. It was their first major tournament under a new coach and the fans were not happy with the results - calls to switch it up because they didn’t have a decent striker…

18 months later, with continued leadership implementing their ideas, and it looks to be paying off.