Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• Might be the worst attended match so far 
  • se9addick said:
    I get that Laura Woods is fit, but she’s not a great presenter 
    Each to their own, regardless of her being fit... i think she is great on sky sports/ darts and has been fairly ok here too, most people have an agenda when it comes to female commentators. There are a few rubbish ones but Laura isn't one, nor is Alex Scott (Not because of the armband incident) 
    Eh? Calm down, I think on the World Cup coverage she comes across as very wooden and it’s incredibly obvious when she’s reading from the teleprompter. 
  • I had a call schedule with a customer in Saudi for later today but had this message waiting for me when I got in this morning.

"Lastday Saudi team win football match against Argentina,as royal decree made proud and gave holiday for all public & private sector.  Will continue tomorrow the same time as we discussed."

and this picture

I'd expect nothing less if we were to ever beat the Spanners.
  • Laura Woods does the job fine, but no more. Better than someone like Scott Minto though?
  • se9addick said:
    I get that Laura Woods is fit, but she’s not a great presenter 
    That is perfectly alright in my book!
  • se9addick said:
    Might be the worst attended match so far 
    Plymouth v Charlton last night had less
  • Japan will beat Costa Rica and that means if Germany fail to beat Spain they are out. 
    Germany v Spain should be a great watch.
  • This is pathetic from Costa Rica
    Schoolboy defending 
  • Sponsored links:

• Laura Woods is single. I'm rooting for Jeff Stelling, he needs to make a move for her before retirement
  • Navas has had a mare
  • se9addick said:
    Might be the worst attended match so far 
    Plymouth v Charlton last night had less
    Not by much! 
  • Costa Rica are really shit, but Spain look mustard. Spain and England are the best 2 teams so far, France a close third. We comfortably beat every other team on their showings so far
  • Dave2l said:
    Laura Woods is single. I'm rooting for Jeff Stelling, he needs to make a move for her before retirement
    She should marry Tiger Woods 
    Can’t believe how much Keylor Navas has declined. 
  • Lovely finish! 
  • Lovely little finish that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave2l said:
    Laura Woods is single. I'm rooting for Jeff Stelling, he needs to make a move for her before retirement
    She should marry Tiger Woods 
    Or Billy Twelvetrees
  • Are they playing artificial crowd sounds at times? Second game I've watched where the crowd sounds have suddenly stopped except the odd whistle. Like a training match
  • Are they playing artificial crowd sounds at times? Second game I've watched where the crowd sounds have suddenly stopped except the odd whistle. Like a training match
    I think Cosa Rica have some artificial footballers out there
  • Costa Rica not even bothering to stick a leg out, truly woeful performance 
  • Jesus, now I know how New Zealand almost beat this lot.
  • This mob are worse than Qatar
  • I've missed joining in the thread for this game due to work... has anyone said "it's only Costa Rica" yet..?
  • edited November 2022
    Spain beating Germany and Japan beating Costa Rica in the next round of Group E doesn't look impossible! The Germans would be out with one game still to play.
  • I've missed joining in the thread for this game due to work... has anyone said "it's only Costa Rica" yet..?
    Most people above are talking about how bad they are rather than how good Spain are. 

Interesting isn’t it.