Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• Interesting ... penalty ...

Bale to stuff it up?
    Hmm. Maybe not.

As usual, the Welsh golf bag consists of the 1 Wood (Bale) and nothing else.
    You have to hand it to him though - he consistently turns a team that would probably be mid-table in the championship (of lower) into one that can compete at a much higher level. I get why he isn't everyone's cup of tea, but he is a proper talisman of a type that England have rarely, if ever, produced.
    Welsh must love him. Pretty much given up on club football to concentrate on playing for the international team. And golf.
    I've got a lot of time for how seriously he takes playing for Wales. I'm old enough to remember Ryan Giggs being mysteriously injured for 75% of the time he was called up by Wales. It's old-fashioned thinking, in the age of multi-nationality all-star club sides, but playing for your country should still be the pinnacle, imo, even if it's a minnow like Wales.
  • USA have been awful second half
  • WTF is with all the added time?
    FIFA said every time arm bands are mentioned, they've directed the refs to add another minute to the shit games. This one gojng on for another hour yet
  • edited November 2022
    we smash both of these no problem 
    You heard it here first, folks.

Nailed on 0-1 (Sargent or Pulisic) followed by 0-1 (Gunter).
  • That foul saved the US a point. 
  • That foul saved the US a point. 
    I reckon that was a one in twenty shot 
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    That foul saved the US a point. 
    I reckon that was a one in twenty shot 
    It was Bale though, he always manages to get those in. 

Bit like Ronaldo where it always ends up going in when it matters. 
  • Based on that game England shouldn't have anything to fear from either side but you just know Wales will up their game massively. Keep Pulisic quiet and you have a good of restricting the Yanks.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Uncle Sam 1 Fireman Sam 1

Fair result IMO the next two games in this group will tell us a lot.

4 points should secure the runners up spot but it's a 3 horse race.

Brilliant foul in the last minute 👏 👌 
    Iran definitely not out of it after that result. They'll be hoping for a good showing vs Wales on Friday to keep their campaign alive.

Bale to stuff it up?
    Hmm. Maybe not.

You have to hand it to him though - he consistently turns a team that would probably be mid-table in the championship (of lower) into one that can compete at a much higher level. I get why he isn't everyone's cup of tea, but he is a proper talisman of a type that England have rarely, if ever, produced.
    I can't think of any other British player who has individually done so much for his national side. Indeed struggling to think of any British sports star in any team sport who's been so dominant.
  • was expecting more from the US tbh 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Uncle Sam 1 Fireman Sam 1

Fair result IMO the next two games in this group will tell us a lot.

4 points should secure the runners up spot but it's a 3 horse race.

Brilliant foul in the last minute 👏 👌 
    Iran definitely not out of it after that result. They'll be hoping for a good showing vs Wales on Friday to keep their campaign alive.
    I have seen every game so far, that won't last long, but England are by far the best team so far.  We have also seen our next 3 opponents, one way or another, and it's only the Wales game I have any doubt at all.  That's only because it's Wales.  We should win the next 3 with a cigar on.
  • Decent watch that one. 

Can’t be dealing with the forced Wales hate. Will always want them to win when not against England. 
    Who says it's forced?

😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Rob Page stating the reason for bringing on Kiefer Moore at half time because they couldn't deal with the press so had to go longer.

I wonder if Ben Garner was listening?
  • Based on that game England shouldn't have anything to fear from either side but you just know Wales will up their game massively. Keep Pulisic quiet and you have a good of restricting the Yanks.
    Moore is exactly the sort of big lump who'll cause us problems too when we play Wales.
  • Decent watch that one. 

You reckon?

Was just thinking it wasn't a great game at all. Not many chances for either side and not a lot of quality on show.
  • Turned it off as the Wales bias pissed me off. John Hartson talking like a fan for example, if that was Neville or Wright people would be up in arms. 

They havent been unlucky etc..there just shit!!

England should see these 2 off though.

Bale to stuff it up?
    Hmm. Maybe not.

I can't think of any other British player who has individually done so much for his national side. Indeed struggling to think of any British sports star in any team sport who's been so dominant.
    I am not sure there have been the circumstances to allow it.  If Rooney had the luxury of not playing club football after he was 28...

Someone like Giggs 100% gave club before country.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Interesting ... penalty ...

Bale to stuff it up?
    Hmm. Maybe not.

I am not sure there have been the circumstances to allow it.  If Rooney had the luxury of not playing club football after he was 28...

I think the impressive thing is how often he has delivered for them in the big game as at the big moments though. That goes back to when he was starting regularly for Spurs and Real Madrid so it's not just about having a low intensity club career.
  • Decent watch that one. 

Can’t be dealing with the forced Wales hate. Will always want them to win when not against England. 
    Not forced, just mutual -

https://youtu.be/SfIDJqrL0MQ
  • edited November 2022
    It wasn’t a footballing spectacle but the tempo was excellent. I enjoyed it myself.

Now it actually feels like the World Cup is underway. I’m actually looking forward to waking up at 3:30am tomorrow to watch Argentina v Saudi Arabia of all teams..!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Interesting ... penalty ...

Bale to stuff it up?
    Hmm. Maybe not.

I think the impressive thing is how often he has delivered for them in the big game as at the big moments though. That goes back to when he was starting regularly for Spurs and Real Madrid so it's not just about having a low intensity club career.
    I also think there is a memory bias as well.

England win a lot more games than Wales.  How many winning goals for England has Kane, for example, scored for England compared to Bale?

Bale's goals per game record for Wales isn't much better than Sterling's for England.

You remember them more 
  • Decent watch that one. 

I played football versus Cardiff Uni 30 years ago.
    I worked in Edinburgh a lot in the late 90's.
    I've done a lot of travelling to other countries.

I've only experienced anti English (racist?) behaviour in two countries.  

F*ck em both.