Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• Hope the Saudi fan who walked from Jeddah didnt forget his ticket
  • Can't believe @cafctom sat in the Welsh end

;)
  • Fancy Messi has a field day against this mob.
  • edited November 2022
    Hope the Saudi fan who walked from Jeddah didnt forget his ticket
    He can jump on the Millennium Falcon to go back and get it, that goes 650mph...
  • ......sorry, thought you said Jedi
  • Argentina (4-3-3): Martinez; Molina, Romero, Otamendi, Tagliafico; De Paul, Paredes, Gomez; Messi, Martinez, Di Maria. Subs: Armani, Rulli, Foyth, Montiel, Pezzella, Acuna, Palacios, Rodriguez, Mac Allister, Fernandez, Alvarez, Correa, Almada, Dybala.

Saudi Arabia (4-3-3): Alowais; Abdulhamid, Altambakti, Albulaihi, Alshahrani; Kanno, Almalki, Alfaraj; Albrikan, Alshehri, Aldawsari. Subs: Alyami, Alaqidi, Madu, Alamri, Alburayk, Alghannam, Aldawsari, Alnajei, Alhassan, Otayf, Alabed, Alobud Bahbri, Asiri.

Referee: Slavko Vincic (Slovenia)
  • All those slagging off the comms.
    Be careful what you wish for.
    Irish comms are excruciatingly bad.
    I didn’t realise just how bad until watching the Senegal v Netherlands game. Absolutely no idea either of them.
    Thank gawd the England games are on the Beeb 🙏🏻
  • lol!... Thats a penalty, but thats no different to what Harry Maguire had to deal with
  • lol!... Thats a penalty, but thats no different to what Harry Maguire had to deal with
    I actually think the one on Maguire was a lot worse. Ridiculous inconsistency 
  • This Argentina 10 looks quite good
  • Sponsored links:

• Argentinas World Cup 
  • Watch out for the Saudi Arabian player who's name begins with A; he looks decent.
  • Oooh - I thought Messi looked onside there 
  • I would tastefully describe Saudi Arabia’s high defensive line as “dick teasing”. 
  • Gonna be echos of Germany 8-0 Saudi Arabia
  • You get an offside... YOU get an offside... EVERYONE GETS AN OFFSIDE
  • I am not even really sure who was offside when with that one.
  • That was off side 
  • 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Argentina are going to set a record for disallowed goals. 
  • To be fair that one was off 
  • Have games ever been spread over so much of the day as this before?

What time zone are they on? 
  • Gribbo said:
    Have games ever been spread over so much of the day as this before?

3 hours difference.
  • Shocking effort that!
  • edited November 2022
    Gribbo said:
    Have games ever been spread over so much of the day as this before?

It’s unusual but it has happened here and there. For example on 16th June 2018, four games were played over an 11 hour window: France v Australia, Argentina v Iceland, Peru v Denmark and finally Croatia v Nigeria.

Most World Cups are three games a day in the summer with odd exceptions like above. They’ve switched to four games a day to squeeze everything into the condensed winter calendar.

They are three hours ahead of the U.K.
  • Isn’t the final game also midnight local time? Don’t need to cater for local fans, as they don’t exist. 
  • Put Kieffer Moore in this Argentina team and they're 4-0 up at half time ;)