Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• edited November 2022
    great to see the Spurs fliers, Cliff Jones (now a bit of a Brucie lookalike), he's 87, Terry Medwin is 90 !!
  • I’d like to see the full quote and context for the Moore quote. I doubt he walked up to an interviewer and announced that. If he was asked, ‘How would it feel to knock England out?’ he’s bound to say, ‘I’d love it.’ 
    Some England fans can be so thin-skinned and eager to be offended. 
  • Uboat said:
    I’d like to see the full quote and context for the Moore quote. I doubt he walked up to an interviewer and announced that. If he was asked, ‘How would it feel to knock England out?’ he’s bound to say, ‘I’d love it.’ 
    Some England fans can be so thin-skinned and eager to be offended. 
    I thought it was funny, certainly not offended.

But it's here https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63691007

If anything I am offended by him comparing himself to Zlatan.

• Bale has such a great record for Wales. 40 goals in a team which isn't going to hammer sides, and so many of them crucial ones 
  • Going to be interesting to see how both teams play here - they're both going to be seeing how badly Iran got beaten earlier and feel that this game is critical for their chances of getting out of the group.
  • edited November 2022
    Come on USA!
    Wales can kiss my arse.

Edit: Actually a draw would be better for England but I can't stand Wales and especially Gunter.
  • Cmon the US of A 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸
  • The music for national anthems played at football matches is always too slow, hence the crowd and players always finishing early!

Poor singing by the US players and fans.
  • Lol at “this golden generation” we all know why they’ve done ok for the last few years and as soon as he retires they’ll go back to being useless.
  • The music for national anthems played at football matches is always too slow, hence the crowd and players always finishing early!

Poor singing by the US players and fans.
    They need someone actually singing it over the PA makes a massive difference.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wales look shite
  • I used to always support the home nations but I can't stand this Wales side. Hope they get smashed
  • edited November 2022
    Chunes said:
    I used to always support the home nations but I can't stand this Wales side. Hope they get smashed
    Disliked them since they took the piss out of us for our 2016 exit

If we reacted that way, it would be seen as arrogant

Would much rather have Scotland in the World Cup than them
  • Chunes said:
    I used to always support the home nations but I can't stand this Wales side. Hope they get smashed
    Even Johnny amd Chrissy 🤩😍🥰
  • Never thought I’d see a World Cup with worse attendances than Charlton 
  • I never want the other home nations to win, why would I, they all hate us, I have no family ties and was born nearer to France, Holland and Belgium than any of them.

https://youtu.be/UmkbJlYx1v8
  • JaShea99 said:
    Lol at “this golden generation” we all know why they’ve done ok for the last few years and as soon as he retires they’ll go back to being useless.
    Commentator comparing the population of Wales vrs that of the US. Something tels me that won't be a factor in our game with the US
  • Gribbo said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Lol at “this golden generation” we all know why they’ve done ok for the last few years and as soon as he retires they’ll go back to being useless.
    Commentator comparing the population of Wales vrs that of the US. Something tels me that won't be a factor in our game with the US
    And ignores all the extra people with a Welsh relative who are eligible
  • Gribbo said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Never mentioned it in our (55 million) game with Iran (85 million).
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm no Welsh fan, but would find it hard to support the USA over a home nation.
  • edited November 2022
    That version of the USA chant with the drum is much better than the 'simple' one that everyone associates with American sports fans.
  • Just remember Thommy and Rae Rae are cheering usa on.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Gribbo said:
    JaShea99 said:
    They also mentioned how a lot of the early US presidents were of Welsh descent. 

Whereas you never seem to hear of Americans banging on about their English heritage. Not that it bothers me too much - the use of our language tells you all you need to know - but it's always puzzled me.
    Doubt it, they get a little bonus if Chris Gunter gets a few more days in the world cup.
    We hear the battle cry (oh, oh, oh-oh)
    Tonight's do-or-die (oh, oh, oh-oh)
    We fightin', you will see (oh, oh, oh-oh)
    USA to victory (oh, oh, oh-oh)

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Just remember Thommy and Rae Rae are cheering usa on.
    Doubt it, they get a little bonus if Chris Gunter gets a few more days in the world cup.
    Yea we know that I was making a joke
  • Off_it said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Gribbo said:
    JaShea99 said:
    They also mentioned how a lot of the early US presidents were of Welsh descent. 

Whereas you never seem to hear of Americans banging on about their English heritage. Not that it bothers me too much - the use of our language tells you all you need to know - but it's always puzzled me.
    I though 99.9% of European American's were Irish, that's what they tell you anyway.

Anyway USA, USA 🇺🇸 
  • Wales arent getting very far this year
  • Wales are crap though