Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• Na I wouldn’t take pens, can’t handle that. I think France have to play well to beat us and if they do, then I can take that. They’re a good side.

If our spine play well and our subs are positive, then I see no reason we can’t win within 90 mins. Just something about this team.

Cmon England.
  • cafctom said:
    Imagine England get through tomorrow.

And then truly avenge Ronaldo and his winking antics from 2006.

And then avenge Argentina and the hand of god - for once and for all.

Poetic
    I mean it'd be great.... but we'd be using all our saved up good Karma and borrowing a good deal more. No way the fates would let us win another one for at least another 60 years.
    It’s in the stars I tell you. First ‘66, now ‘22.
    We only win when the year is a double digit, so 2066 is our next one.
    🤪
  • When we won the World Cup we beat France, Portugal and Argentina. Just saying. 
  • Booked a Michelin star restaurant months ago as a birthday treat.

8pm this evening 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩

No way am I going to avoid the result until I get home.

Feck!
  • Goal.com: US soccer journalist Grant Wahl dies while covering Netherlands vs Argentina World Cup quarter-final.
  • Chizz said:
    Goal.com: US soccer journalist Grant Wahl dies while covering Netherlands vs Argentina World Cup quarter-final.
    sad loss. died whilst covering the game he loved. 

Feck!
    an old fashioned transistor radio with a small earplug/piece is surely called for .. bon appétit
  • I’d take penalties if offered it now 

I think we beat them 4 in 10 as it stands 

let’s hope it’s one of the four 

going in expecting to lose and prepared mentally (as if) for a defeat , it’s just the manor it comes will concern !

If we win then I’ll be as happy as a Charlton fan when they see Sheikh Skintos Malintos introduced to the Valley in a few weeks time as they start singing ‘we’re fucking rich’  🙄
    You must be crazy.

Surely no England fan ever wants penalties.
    Law of averages , we’re due a win now on them

• Sponsored links:

• I’d take penalties if offered it now 

I think we beat them 4 in 10 as it stands 

let’s hope it’s one of the four 

going in expecting to lose and prepared mentally (as if) for a defeat , it’s just the manor it comes will concern !

If we win then I’ll be as happy as a Charlton fan when they see Sheikh Skintos Malintos introduced to the Valley in a few weeks time as they start singing ‘we’re fucking rich’  🙄
    You must be crazy.

Surely no England fan ever wants penalties.
    Law of averages , we’re due a win now on them

We won't beat France on penalties.
  • edited December 2022
    Amazed to see Manuel Neuer has fractured his leg Skiing and is out for the season. How can you be a pro footballer and go skiing ?  There's a reason why clubs prefer their players to be on the golf course.
    There must be a clause in pro footballers contract that Skiing, snowboarding and ice skating is a no-no. 
    Total madness.
  • Amazed to see Manuel Neuer have fractured his leg Skiing and is out for the season. How can you be a pro footballer and go skiing ?  There's a reason why clubs prefer their players to be on the golf course.
    There must be a clause in pro footballers contract that Skiing, snowboarding and ice skating is a no-no. 
    Total madness.
    Yorkshire's Johnny Birstow broke his leg playing golf amd missed the T20 World Cup, in the form of his life.  Players get injured doing the most mundane and normal things.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Amazed to see Manuel Neuer have fractured his leg Skiing and is out for the season. How can you be a pro footballer and go skiing ?  There's a reason why clubs prefer their players to be on the golf course.
    Total madness.
    Yorkshire's Johnny Birstow broke his leg playing golf amd missed the T20 World Cup, in the form of his life.  Players get injured doing the most mundane and normal things.
    like Mark Fish colliding with a glass table in his house. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Amazed to see Manuel Neuer have fractured his leg Skiing and is out for the season. How can you be a pro footballer and go skiing ?  There's a reason why clubs prefer their players to be on the golf course.
    Total madness.
    Golf if a low risk sport, that was a complete freak accident of the sort which could have happened if he'd just gone for a walk in the countryside.

I'm amazed Neuer was allowed to go skiing.
  • True story:
    I won't name the guy but a Charlton supporter a few years ago was playing walking football and broke his leg when he got it entangled in the net 🤦🏻‍♂️

I broke my Fibula a month ago just out walking but it's all about jeopardy and the odds are high at Skiing and low at Golf if you are a pro footballer or cricketer. 600k a month for the 4  to six months that the  Bayern Munich captain is out.

I don't believe Bayern Munich can claim on insurance for his wages because of how he had the accident.
  • Because there are so many players who do daft run ups and try to be clever by dinking it in. You don't get any of that nonsense from Croatia and that's why they've won two already. Choose your spot near a post or the bar, don't hit it along the ground, and hit it hard. Don't complicate it.
    Any team of top professionals should score at least 4 out of 5 if they do this.
    Idk, Croatia's best penalty was right along the ground. Or, it was hit just off the ground, so that by the time it reached the goal it was at ground level. The worst place to hit is is a foot or two off the ground
  • The Argentinian football team is the biggest pile of cheating scum to ever play the game.  Every time they are the same.  The thought of maybe losing to them in the final terrifies me as much as the thought of beating them in the final would be just incredible.  That would be the ultimate way to win!!
    Really? Every time? I think that Maradona and Simeone are clouding your judgement.
  • Leuth said:
    Because there are so many players who do daft run ups and try to be clever by dinking it in. You don't get any of that nonsense from Croatia and that's why they've won two already. Choose your spot near a post or the bar, don't hit it along the ground, and hit it hard. Don't complicate it.
    Idk, Croatia's best penalty was right along the ground. Or, it was hit just off the ground, so that by the time it reached the goal it was at ground level. The worst place to hit is is a foot or two off the ground
    Ok, maybe you're right there but we agree on the general principle. 

On a bit of a tangent, I hate players stopping their run up. It should be against the rules as it's against the spirit of a one v one challenge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Because there are so many players who do daft run ups and try to be clever by dinking it in. You don't get any of that nonsense from Croatia and that's why they've won two already. Choose your spot near a post or the bar, don't hit it along the ground, and hit it hard. Don't complicate it.
    It needs to be really low, or high up, which is something only the very best should attempt, as it risks humiliation as the ball flies over the bar into the crowd

I'm sure the rules for keeper have changed as well. They never used to move around so much
  • Funny as it was I'm slightly gutted now we won't get Brazil v Argentina.
  • Lots of ticketless fans stopping those with tickets getting in 

Feck!
    Cancel your table and re book for another night. Order a curry on deliveroo and stay home and watch the football. You’ll have a better time. 

Feck!
    Cancel your table and re book for another night. Order a curry on deliveroo and stay home and watch the football. You’ll have a better time. 
    Can’t get a decent curry in Cork let alone a deliveroo 😳😱😩😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • Morocco not sitting back praying for smash and grab are they

Look a lot more competitive than Switzerland did
  • Normally at a Michelin star restaurant you have to get something to eat on the way home as portions are so small 
  • Even watching this is nerve wracking. I’m absolutely shitting myself.