Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• IdleHans said:
    I still think the winner of our game with France will win the cup, it's the de facto final
    If France win it, you're probably right.

If England win it, we'll find a way to lose to Morocco in a semi final.
  • Who do you think will win? I haven't seen a team better than France or us yet, though of course anything can happen and pretty much has
  • Honestly a coin flip, it's too close to call. But don't know if I'm looking at it with England-tinted glasses.
  • edited December 2022
    I wonder what the record for bookings in a WC game is because 15 of the 33 that actually played were shown yellow cards
    probably the closest would be the wc final in 2010 i'm afraid with the Netherlands involved as well... 13 yellows and a red (technically 14 yellows i guess as the red was for 2 yellows)
  • philcafc said:
    only 2 unbeaten teams left in the tournament

morocco and england ;)
    Croatia also unbeaten.
    Unofficial World Champions as well still
  • Portugal Vs Netherlands in the 2006 world cup had 16 yellow cards. Four players were sent off for receiving two.
  • IdleHans said:
    Who do you think will win? I haven't seen a team better than France or us yet, though of course anything can happen and pretty much has
    England have been the best team and Mbappe the most decisive player.
  • edited December 2022
    IdleHans said:
    Portugal Vs Netherlands in the 2006 world cup had 16 yellow cards. Four players were sent off for receiving two.
    bit of a trend developing... and we thought south Americans were nasty cnuts ! I bet Uruguay and Malvinas Life is awash with people slagging Holland off for being unlikable
  • The Argentinian football team is the biggest pile of cheating scum to ever play the game.  Every time they are the same.  The thought of maybe losing to them in the final terrifies me as much as the thought of beating them in the final would be just incredible.  That would be the ultimate way to win!!
  • It's hard to know how good the opposition are sometimes, but Portugal looked pretty tasty against Switzerland but then so did Brazil vs. Korea so....
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm in Brasil/Brazil at present.
     All the media is on Neymar.  He did not have the balls to take a penalty, believe me, he is exempt from criticism over here. Strange.
  • IdleHans said:
    Portugal Vs Netherlands in the 2006 world cup had 16 yellow cards. Four players were sent off for receiving two.
    That game was so entertaining.
  • edited December 2022
    Argentine supporter in the Woodstock Bar,Cadiz, standing during the national anthem. 
  • cafctom said:
    Imagine England get through tomorrow.

And then truly avenge Ronaldo and his winking antics from 2006.

And then avenge Argentina and the hand of god - for once and for all.

Poetic
    I mean it'd be great.... but we'd be using all our saved up good Karma and borrowing a good deal more. No way the fates would let us win another one for at least another 60 years.
  • edited December 2022
    Argentine supporter in the Woodstock Bar,Cadiz, standing during the national anthem. 
    you better have pulled his chair away or you ain't proper england

• Wankers 
    That photo says a lot. Most of the Argentinians taunting the Dutch and then ran off towards Lautaro Martinez who scored the winning penalty. Messi wanted no part of the taunting and he ran off to Emi Martinez who was the shootout hero by saving 2 pens.
  • I did find it ironic though that Messi slated the ref after the game, as i thought he favoured Argentina for most of the night. He also didn't book Messi for what was a pretty blatant handball.

"We were afraid before the match because we knew how he was.

"FIFA needs to rethink the referees they use for games like this. You can't use a referee like him for these matches."

• Sponsored links:

• Grant Wahl, a very popular US journalist, has died suddenly in Qatar. He was in the news recently for being detained in Qatar in the group stages for wearing a LGBT shirt.

He was only 49 and his brother is claiming foul play is involved as he was a perfectly healthy man.

This has shocked me a bit as he was literally tweeting about the Argentina Netherlands game 7 hours ago.

• I did find it ironic though that Messi slated the ref after the game, as i thought he favoured Argentina for most of the night. He also didn't book Messi for what was a pretty blatant handball.

"We were afraid before the match because we knew how he was.

"FIFA needs to rethink the referees they use for games like this. You can't use a referee like him for these matches."

I thought the ref was appalling. Messi should’ve been off for two yellow cards. More than just a couple of yellows should have the stout for the melee towards the end. 
  • Grant Wahl, a very popular US journalist, has died suddenly in Qatar. He was in the news recently for being detained in Qatar in the group stages for wearing a LGBT shirt.

He was only 49 and his brother is claiming foul play is involved as he was a perfectly healthy man.

This has shocked me a bit as he was literally tweeting about the Argentina Netherlands game 7 hours ago.

RIP to him, very sad and no age at all and he was a good journalist. However i think we should wait and see what the cause of death is first. Yes he was detained but that was at least a couple of weeks ago during the group stages and he was obviously released and was fine since then.

Possibly one for the 'non-football' Qatar thread once we know more.
  • Already nervous for this evening. Especially after yesterday's penalty antics. I don't think me heart could take it if we were involved in one tonight. 
  • Still can’t believe the Dutch had the audacity to try that free kick at that stage of the game 
    It was brilliant, the simplicity, audacity and balls of it , gutted they didn’t get through,  such a cool nation of fruit loops 
  • edited December 2022
    I’d take penalties if offered it now 

I think we beat them 4 in 10 as it stands 

let’s hope it’s one of the four 

going in expecting to lose and prepared mentally (as if) for a defeat , it’s just the manor it comes will concern !

If we win then I’ll be as happy as a Charlton fan when they see Sheikh Skintos Malintos introduced to the Valley in a few weeks time as they start singing ‘we’re fucking rich’  🙄