Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• Zero chance of England winning a shootout in this tournament.
  • Just hope a lot of the fans in orange at the stadium are Max Verstappen fans.
    Cant be... There is none of that damned orange smoke
  • is that the "Gascgoine rule" then?
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Zero chance of England winning a shootout in this tournament.
    Let's hope we don't need to.
  • The Dutch finished normal time on top and on a high, then did nothing in extra time. They got what they deserved 
  • What’s with the Dutch only having 72 away fans?? They always travelled well. 

Seemed to have gone from being a Sheffield Wednesday to a Charlton (copyright @oohaahmortimer )
  • Cracking tension game. Despite hating them I’m quite pleased the Argies are through. Would basically just be a Euros without some late South American interest. 

The dream is we get to the final for an England v Argentina bonanza 
    Argentina to have a late equaliser ruled out after VAR spots a handball. It's got to happen...
  • Croatia at a massive disadvantage now from the way the fixtures have worked out.  Extra time twice and a shorter turn round time than everyone else.
  • Sponsored links:

• Messi has won 500 club trophies, it's hardly surprising they're not that exciting!
  • Not my favourite team, but good to know we have at least one non-eurpoean team in the semis. Makes it feel more like a proper world cup rather than a second european championships.

Morocco is in Africa
    at least one non-eurpoean team
    Doh!

Homer-back-into-bushes GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Croatia at a massive disadvantage now from the way the fixtures have worked out.  Extra time twice and a shorter turn round time than everyone else.
    Not sure four hours will make much of a difference when they play Argentina 

• Bah, I suppose they'll be singing their hand of God song all night now. 

Good saves though, Messiahi to get his world cup after all.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croatia at a massive disadvantage now from the way the fixtures have worked out.  Extra time twice and a shorter turn round time than everyone else.
    Not sure four hours will make much of a difference when they play Argentina 
    They had extra time on Monday as well.  Argentina had had an extra two days off, before today.
  • What’s with the Dutch only having 72 away fans?? They always travelled well. 

Seemed to have gone from being a Sheffield Wednesday to a Charlton (copyright @oohaahmortimer )

Many European sides are well down in support due to the human rights issues and disgruntlement over Qatar.
  • Otamendi (no.19) would be getting laid out if I was one of those Dutch players. 
  • Sponsored links:

• We've got to get past Mbappe first.
  • The thought of losing to them in a final is just to unbearable to comprehend *shudders*
  • The thought of losing to them in a final is just to unbearable to comprehend *shudders*
    Can you imagine beating them though?
     yep it's the international equivalent of when we dodged the scum losing to swindon in play off semi
  • I wonder what the record for bookings in a WC game is because 15 of the 33 that actually played were shown yellow cards
  • aliwibble said:
    We've got to get past Mbappe first.
    Are you after a job on the TV?
  • only 2 unbeaten teams left in the tournament

morocco and england ;)
    Croatia also unbeaten.
  • I still think the winner of our game with France will win the cup, it's the de facto final
  • IdleHans said:
    I still think the winner of our game with France will win the cup, it's the de facto final
    I said before the last round the winner of our game v France, if it happened, would be the losing finalists.