Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jesurun Rak-Sakyi - 2023-4 season progress.

Comments

• Options
    Says a huge amount about the shit show we are when Barnsley are seen as better for his development than a club in the same league 10 minutes down the road from him
  • Options
    johnny73 said:
    We probably need to bring in 7 or 8 players just to change the mentality around the players. (Not saying that is going to happen). No doubt that confidence (of all players) is on the low side. So if he needs to go to free up a squad place then fine.
    He’s u21 so he doesn’t take up a squad place.
  • Options
    Smithy said:
    Says a huge amount about the shit show we are when Barnsley are seen as better for his development than a club in the same league 10 minutes down the road from him
    Barnsley are a very stable club with good owners who have a vision. Plus they are at the right end of the table fighting for promotion.

At the moment Barnsley are everything we are not and if I was Palace I would be getting this kid away from us ASAP
  • Options
    Sorry to see him go, But we are in such a mess, i bet he breathed a sigh of relief to get away. 

Good luck JRS
  • Options
    I won’t miss him, he is nowhere near the finished article plus he has missed some sitters this season including that diabolical penalty against Brighton.

We cannot afford to carry any player at the minute, and that includes our own kids as well not just loans 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Smithy said:
    Watch him shine at the Valley on 14 January when Barnsley visit.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Smithy said:
    Watch him shine at the Valley on 14 January when Barnsley visit.
    Oh yea of little faith, our super duper new left back signing won’t let him have a kick 😉.
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see how he does at another club. There's definitely a player there but his decision making and finishing need to become more consistent.

As for us, I think we'd struggle to upgrade in his position with the funds available.
  • Options
    jams said:
    No great loss in my opinion , as long as we get in another option to replace 
    Isn't that what we said regarding Washington? 

Yeah, that worked out great.........
  • Options
    SOTF said:
    I know a youth coach at Palace. They’re really concerned that his development has stalled with us and he only really went to us in the first place because of Ben Garners reputation with them.

Ultimately losing him means we’re left with Kirk, DJ and CBT as wingers which is a disaster in a relegation battle.
    We're going to be playing 352, we don't need wingers. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Laddick01 said:
    Will be interesting to see how he does at another club. There's definitely a player there but his decision making and finishing need to become more consistent.

As for us, I think we'd struggle to upgrade in his position with the funds available.
    How much have we got available to spend then?
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    He has gone backwards with us so a no brainer to recall him. And I doubt we will miss him as he only keeps CBT out of the side who is a better bet for us at the moment IMO.
  • Options
    Yes, but he came in looking like he knew where the goal is and will be leaving looking like he has forgotten.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Yes, but he came in looking like he knew where the goal is and will be leaving looking like he has forgotten.
    I feel that his finishing has gone downhill is a slight bit of a fallacy. Was it all the way back after the Wycombe game that Garner mentioned how he was not to concerned about JRS finishing because he is ‘always in good positions’.

Indeed JRS has scored more goals (one more) in the latter 12 games he played than the first. 

If we don’t replace him with quality we will be far worse a team for it. 
  • Options
    Bournesnr said:
    5 goals 3 assists think he’ll be missed in a team where the leading scorer only has 6 goals
    Should have doubled that.
  • Options
    Bye Jes. You were a very brief breath of fresh air before being thoroughly Charltonized. All the best. 
  • Options
    Not bothered if he goes but you know Thomas can only afford to replace him with Mrs Miggins and she has to clean the bogs out at half time….
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of the few we have that can actually do something with the ball. He's been pretty poor recently but doubt we'll replace with better and will probably see more of Charlie Shirk. 
  • Options
    SOTF said:
    I know a youth coach at Palace. They’re really concerned that his development has stalled with us and he only really went to us in the first place because of Ben Garners reputation with them.

Ultimately losing him means we’re left with Kirk, DJ and CBT as wingers which is a disaster in a relegation battle.
    We're going to be playing 352, we don't need wingers. 
    I think this is ultimately the main point. He's too soft to play as a striker and he's not a wing-back. I don't think he really fits into the team anywhere else. Now whether we should be playing 3-5-2 with our squad is a different question but it looks like we are, so little point in him being here
  • Options
    I wasn't that bothered with Washington leaving as long as we replaced him. If JRS is replaced with a half decent striker it would be good for us I think. If not, of course it weakens the squad.
  • Options
    Not his fault he has been playing in a really poor team.
    With better players around him he will develop into a decent player definitely he will be good enough for the championship. 
    I hope we can bring in a decent replacement and with him well wherever he ends up. 
  • Options
    We could’ve played Mansfield ahead of him and got exactly the same return imo.  He may go on to have a career, but I’ve seen so many of his type of player over the years, rarely do they go on to do anything 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    We could’ve played Mansfield ahead of him and got exactly the same return imo.  He may go on to have a career, but I’ve seen so many of his type of player over the years, rarely do they go on to do anything 
    DJ isn’t a goalscorer, he doesn’t regularly get in the box in the way JRS does.
  • Options
    More often than not, the incoming players [assuming there are any] are worse than those we offload.

That’s our reality 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    cabbles said:
    DJ isn’t a goalscorer, he doesn’t regularly get in the box in the way JRS does.
    I reckon their goal contributions wouldn’t have been far off.  Same for Kirk and CBT
  • Options
    Any replacement will be worse ...