Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jesurun Rak-Sakyi - 2023-4 season progress.

Comments

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I could understand Palace recalling him if they wanted him to step up a level and see how he goes at a bottom half championship side, but i really don't see the point in sending him to a side a few points better off in the same division when he's probably quite settled here.
    Depends if JRS wants out with all the stuff that's happening at the club. And also if Charlton have to pay another fee in Jan for him. 
    If he wants out then it's a different story but i'd be surprised if that was the case.

24 league games and he's played a part in 21, starting 19 of them. Also given how we played yesterday, i'd like to think that if he stayed he'd be part of that front 3 for the foreseeable unless there were any new arrivals.

And if he's leaving because we have to pay another fee for him (which i assume wouldn't be astronomical) then it doesn't bode well for our transfer business this month.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    He will want to play at Old Trafford and I reckon Palace will want to see how he does there. They will be aware his performances have dropped off and will have a fear that the atmosphere within the club is playing a part. If the club starts improving and he does too, I can see him staying. One thing he is doing is playing. He is getting a lot of game time even when he is not playing well. That is the other side of the coin. If he went to a championship club, that might not happen. I reckon they will make their decision after the Man Utd game.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I could understand Palace recalling him if they wanted him to step up a level and see how he goes at a bottom half championship side, but i really don't see the point in sending him to a side a few points better off in the same division when he's probably quite settled here.
    Depends if JRS wants out with all the stuff that's happening at the club. And also if Charlton have to pay another fee in Jan for him. 
    If he wants out then it's a different story but i'd be surprised if that was the case.

24 league games and he's played a part in 21, starting 19 of them. Also given how we played yesterday, i'd like to think that if he stayed he'd be part of that front 3 for the foreseeable unless there were any new arrivals.

And if he's leaving because we have to pay another fee for him (which i assume wouldn't be astronomical) then it doesn't bode well for our transfer business this month.
    100% agree. Let's see what happens! Barnsley would be a very strange move - if true he is going, must be either of the 2 points I mentioned.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Look how he celebrated our second goal. He didn't give the impression he wants out

considering your posts on the take over thread, why would a fee be an issue 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Look how he celebrated our second goal. He didn't give the impression he wants out

considering your posts on the take over thread, why would a fee be an issue 
    I don't think it will be an issue. They are the only reason he would leave I believe. Would be very surprised if he ended up at Barnsley.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
    Have some of the people on this thread actually watched many wingers, particularly young wingers, play? Most have traits of inconsistency, popping in and out of games and look like they are short of some composure, even at the top level. He is our second top scorer and one of our leading providers.

We will not replace Rak-Sakyi with anyone better. That is the most important observation of all.
    I kind of agree and as I said he will be a loss to the squad. But the thing about the team nature of football means a replacement doesn't necessarily have to be a better individual player just better for the team overall. More so in this crappy league where just doing the basics right consistently can make a big difference. If we get a replacement who might not be able to score an individual goal like RS did today, But whose control, finishing and decision making is more consistent, then that can be a net gain for the team. We also have to see what Holden's plans for the team are and what players he wants. 

He’s on track for scoring double figures and has a few assists too.

I’d love to be proven wrong but we won’t replace him with a winger capable of scoring closer to 15-20 over a season.
  • Options
    I’m sure he would want to play at UTD as an earlier post suggested and that Palace would want to see that too.
    The issue is that there’s still two thirds of the month and transfer window following that game for a move to happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How much of a say in this would the player have?

He is 19, playing first team football for a shit team at a shit level. But probably lives with or close to family and has his friends around him.

or

he could go and play for a slightly less shit team in the same shit league. But lives near Barnsley for 5 months away from friends and family.
  • Options
    IMO would have been a shame to lose him especially.to Millwall
    I think he has a lot to offer
    him &  Leaburn have have a good understanding with their link up play which will only get better as the season goes on
  • Options
    He will want to play at Old Trafford and I reckon Palace will want to see how he does there. They will be aware his performances have dropped off and will have a fear that the atmosphere within the club is playing a part. If the club starts improving and he does too, I can see him staying. One thing he is doing is playing. He is getting a lot of game time even when he is not playing well. That is the other side of the coin. If he went to a championship club, that might not happen. I reckon they will make their decision after the Man Utd game.
    Scores the winning goal at Old Trafford on Tuesday and then four days later rocks up at the Valley with Barnsley, crazy world of football.
  • Options
    barstool said:
    I wonder if a bitter Garner is influencing this, with his Palace youth links ?
    Playing 352 is probably influencing this I would have thought. 

• Options
    SOTF said:
    JRS is happy here. The issue Palace have is how he was being used. They play with wingers, Ben Garner convinced them that how we wanted to play would benefit his development.

Palace think very highly of JRS and are monitoring him every game. They were extremely unhappy at how he was being utilised, rotating between a 10 and 7 and changing recently to 3-5-2. They’re also aware he hasn’t kicked on this season as they initially hoped.

That said, Mark Bright isn’t going to Portsmouth if JRS leaving is a done deal. I’d expect that we have invited him to give him an overview of our plans for the rest of the season, including this window before a final decision is made.
    Regardless of whether he might be leaving, Bright would still go to watch and monitor him surely? As the Palace loan manager that's his job. He's been at quite a few of our games.
    Exactly. We learnt from the Gallagher affair that Chelsea have a whole team of loan managers, and they , usually Tore Andre Flo, were regulars at Sparrows Lane, as well as at matches. It was Flo who, so I'm told by someone there at the time, assured Gallen in December that there was no reason to recall him because he was getting exactly the experience they had expected playing regularly for us. 

Then, according to this person, Gallagher's agent got involved. I don't think an agent could be a big influence  in JRS case, a division lower and well off the main footie radar.

At the time of the Gallagher affair I could find very few other cases of FAPL clubs loaning out players for a year and then using the break clause to stitch up the loaning club and move the player elsewhere. If that were to happen often it would be impossible for loaning clubs to plan a season effectively. What on earth would be the point, moving him to effing Barnsley now? 

I still reckon that if the conversation happened at all (and if it did that reflects badly on Bright as a Palace employee) Bright may have said "off after Barnsley" rather than to Barnsley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He goes on lots of dribbling runs. My guess is that he would also top the 'least successful dribbles in league one' table too.
  • Options
    edited January 2023

He goes on lots of dribbling runs. My guess is that he would also top the 'least successful dribbles in league one' table too.
    His dribble success rate is 51% which is pretty decent. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Chunes said:

His dribble success rate is 51% which is pretty decent. 
    Mendez-Laing 51%
    Rak-Sakyi 51%
    Key 42%
    Mumba 62%
    N’Lundulu 63%
    Mehmeti 31%
  • Options
    Smithy said:
    He’s been extremely frustrating for the most part but ultimately is our joint top scorer in the league and has several assists too. There’s no doubt in my mind that if he was playing in a good team no one would be doubting him, he’s just not currently capable of carrying a poor team.
    This is where I am too I think. He is very young and inexperienced. He's got the talent but he's currently one of very few capable of those "magic moments" in a poor team and the pressure is showing.
  • Options
    Probably announced along with JFC tomorrow