Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jesurun Rak-Sakyi - 2023-4 season progress.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Not surprised to see people say they're not fussed. Not surprised to hear Palace say they're worried about his development, they should be because he's clearly gone backwards. 

But he's our second top scorer and I believe second top in assists. Yes, he makes poor decisions sometimes, but he also makes goals. We are not a team with a load of goals at the moment. 

I was hoping a new manager would get more out of him, but then when Holden was appointed and he clearly wants to play more direct and with two up front, it felt like the writing was on the wall. 

JRS was signed to play in an attacking, possession-based, pressing side. We are none of those things now. And it's clear the coaching he's had here hasn't worked. 

At some point we should probably ask "is it us?" Just as I don't blame Chelsea for not wanting Gallagher to play with Ben Dempsey and Josh Davison every week, I don't blame Palace for not wanting their young star to play with Sam Lavelle and Richard Chin. 

Sensible move by Palace. 

Don't it always seem to go... 

• Options
    A farewell hat-trick would be lovely today
  • Options
    LOOOOLZ
  • Options
    Bog off Barnsley!
  • Options
    That’s why we need him 👏
  • Options
    That’s why we need to keep him here.
  • Options
    There’s no more clueless set of fans 
    this boys a player !!!
    Don’t be too hard on yourself 
  • Options
    this boys a player !!!
    Don’t be too hard on yourself 
    If the cap fits sirrrrrr 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    this boys a player !!!
    I did not say he was a bad player, I said he was not consistent and I stand bye it.

I hope I am wrong but that goal could be the last we see from him for five games if he stays and we cannot afford to carry players in our position.

Yes he is one of the best we have but it’s a pretty low bar looking at the crap in our squad.
  • Options
    Clearly a good player lacking a bit of confidence, no doubt we’d be worse off without him. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Back in his proper position today and looking like he can waltz this league again. 

Our fans have a unique relationship with wingers. If they're not tryhards like Johnny Robinson or Johnnie Jackson, they're never very popular.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Back in his proper position today and looking like he can waltz this league again. 

Our fans have a unique relationship with wingers. If they're not tryhards like Johnny Robinson or Johnnie Jackson, they're never very popular.
    Know what you mean but I think he is a try-hard. A bit like say, Mark Robson was. 
  • Options
    Twitter saying Bright confirmed on the train that he’s off to Barnsley.

• Options
    That's a huge shame. We're rebuilding a forward line so regularly. 
  • Options
    The game overall summed him up for me over recent times. Great goal and some decent contributions, but most of his contributions were poor control and bad decision making. But he's a youngster learning his trade and here to make those mistakes. Not fussed if he stays or goes. He will be a loss but not a catastrophic one.
  • Options
    To be fair to him, he had a decent game today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DRAddick said:
    The game overall summed him up for me over recent times. Great goal and some decent contributions, but most of his contributions were poor control and bad decision making. But he's a youngster learning his trade and here to make those mistakes. Not fussed if he stays or goes. He will be a loss but not a catastrophic one.
    Depends on the quality of his replacement. Assuming, perhaps naively, he is being replaced. 
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
    Depends on the quality of his replacement. Assuming, perhaps naively, he is being replaced. 
    Expect Campbell will be forced into that role should he go.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
    Agree with this, although I don’t want to underplay his goals contribution which is very respectable for even a much more experienced winger. 

I don’t think him leaving could collapse our already fragile season like happened with Gallagher and I do think he ought to be replaceable with a good loan signing from another Premier League academy. However, it is a big “if” to say we will be able to attract such a replacement here.

Th kid has a lot to learn and, overall, I think more weaknesses than strengths at the moment. That of course is to be expected of a young winger and why he’s in League One on loan and not playing higher up already. 

All that being said, I think he’s been a good signing for us and I’d rather keep him than lose him. We have enough business to do without replacing one of the few players who has been generally up to snuff. 
  • Options
    Have some of the people on this thread actually watched many wingers, particularly young wingers, play? Most have traits of inconsistency, popping in and out of games and look like they are short of some composure, even at the top level. He is our second top scorer and one of our leading providers.

We will not replace Rak-Sakyi with anyone better. That is the most important observation of all.
    I kind of agree and as I said he will be a loss to the squad. But the thing about the team nature of football means a replacement doesn't necessarily have to be a better individual player just better for the team overall. More so in this crappy league where just doing the basics right consistently can make a big difference. If we get a replacement who might not be able to score an individual goal like RS did today, But whose control, finishing and decision making is more consistent, then that can be a net gain for the team. We also have to see what Holden's plans for the team are and what players he wants. 

• Options
    I could understand Palace recalling him if they wanted him to step up a level and see how he goes at a bottom half championship side, but i really don't see the point in sending him to a side a few points better off in the same division when he's probably quite settled here.
    Depends if JRS wants out with all the stuff that's happening at the club. And also if Charlton have to pay another fee in Jan for him.