Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jesurun Rak-Sakyi - 2023-4 season progress.

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Rak-Leko - Dunno where else he thinks he can go to get better.

Gallagher ended up going else where because he was far too good for a relegation fight.

Best place for JRL would be League Two, as he's not good enough for our fight
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    CAFCOlly said:
    Would imagine we'll now have another Conor Gallagher situation on our hands with JRS come Jan. 
    not sure I’d be too bothered to be honest!

certainly hasn’t pulled up any trees in the last 10 games or so, and has been very lacklustre recently…
    What's the alternative? Losing one of our few goal threats is the last thing we need. We won't replace him with better in January from our position, it'll only make relegation more likely.
  • Options
    He needs a few more battle-hardened old bruisers around him that might actually compete and give him some kind of platform on which to perform. Very hard for any forward to perform in any team when the defence and midfield are all losing their individual battles.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Scoham said:
    sammy391 said:
    CAFCOlly said:
    Would imagine we'll now have another Conor Gallagher situation on our hands with JRS come Jan. 

certainly hasn’t pulled up any trees in the last 10 games or so, and has been very lacklustre recently…
    What's the alternative? Losing one of our few goal threats is the last thing we need. We won't replace him with better in January from our position, it'll only make relegation more likely.
    Dont remember him being much of a goal threat for too many periods of this season - Scored a decent finish @ Burton, but too often he and CBT have shown they wont pass it, but just lose it.

Needs to be a lot more consistent to start playing higher up the EFL
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Scoham said:
    sammy391 said:
    CAFCOlly said:

May as well give Campbell a chance- he seems more direct! 

JRS has done well, but lad clearly doesn’t necessarily want to be here much longer
    More direct but nowhere near scoring since his debut.

It's like when Leko (the first time) left and we replaced him with Green thinking we had a better player.

I can't blame him for looking like he doesn't want to be here, he's not going to thrive in a squad and situation like this. Players like JRS aren't the problem.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Suspect Garner's Palace connections bought him to us and he will be gone in January.. also expect him to be loaned elsewhere and be decent.
    Has lost his way with us and maybe a bit weak mentally but he is still very young so not surprising.
  • Options
    Knowing Palace they will withdraw him before January
  • Options
    He seems to be getting steadily worse and I'm sure he'd love to be somewhere else.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He should have been an ace card in a promotion challenging side, instead he's like a butterfly caught in a spider's web
  • Options
    i'd call him back if he was our player and out on loan at shitsville like he is now
  • Options
    He won't be here in January if palace have any nous. Read back early pages on here and in August and talk of him being far too good.

As with many players he's deteriorated since being with us and can't see him want to stick around for scrappy winter relegation battles as not his game at all.

• Options
    i'd call him back if he was our player and out on loan at shitsville like he is now
    Come on, what he will learn from Stockley will be invaluable to Palace. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Wont be sorry to see him go, not the player all the hype built him up to be, very similar to Leko taking too many touches and running down the wrong channels.

• Options
    Come on, what he will learn from Stockley will be invaluable to Palace. 
    He'll learn to appreciate how lucky he is, not to be playing at League One level.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I'm sure Crystal Palace will pull him out of this madcap situation in January.

He's not even being played in position. He's played the majority of the last bunch of games up front. Then he's been played right side of a 442 - something I doubt he'll do much of in his career. He's playing in a struggling team patched up with youth players (reminiscent of the situation Gallagher was in a few seasons ago) and his form is dipping. 

He's clearly a good player and signing him was a coup that we haven't made the most of. 
    He was outstanding against Plymouth.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I'm sure Crystal Palace will pull him out of this madcap situation in January.

He's not even being played in position. He's played the majority of the last bunch of games up front. Then he's been played right side of a 442 - something I doubt he'll do much of in his career. He's playing in a struggling team patched up with youth players (reminiscent of the situation Gallagher was in a few seasons ago) and his form is dipping. 

He's clearly a good player and signing him was a coup that we haven't made the most of. 
    He was outstanding against Plymouth.

Probably the last time anyone else was as well. He's clearly a good player (or should be at this level) but he was being coached by Poundland Pep and surrounded by one of the worst squads I've seen at Charlton. All the opposition had to do was keep him quiet because lord knows no-one else was going to do anything. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    The reports are that Palace don't like the current state of Charlton and are looking to take him off us in January with Millwall, Wednesday and Ipswich all interested.

I can't get bothered about this possible departure tbh.
  • Options
    The reports are that Palace don't like the current state of Charlton and are looking to take him off us in January with Millwall, Wednesday and Ipswich all interested.

I can't get bothered about this possible departure tbh.
    It appears nobody else is bothered about him going either 😄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    I find it hard to be bothered about anything Charlton at the moment

Palace would be mad to keep him here so it's fair enough really
  • Options
    He is a very decent player and with the right manager would have made more of an impact so I am bothered as we won't replace with as good or better so it will weaken us.  I am not surprised though as we are a mess and if it was the other way around I would hope we would be doing the same.
  • Options
    He is a very decent player and with the right manager would have made more of an impact so I am bothered as we won't replace with as good or better so it will weaken us.  I am not surprised though as we are a mess and if it was the other way around I would hope we would be doing the same.
    He is a very good player and exciting to watch. It's hardly surprising his form has dipped given the shambles at Charlton.

Palace surely have to move him on.
  • Options
    gossip off says that Zaha is off in the summer so it makes sense that palaces will want R-S to get more experience than we can offer
  • Options
    Losing one of our main goal threats ahead of a potential relegation battle isn’t good. He’s got potential to offer even more in a better side too.
  • Options
    Not surprising. Clearly JRS has the ability but, in his time here, hasn’t exploited his potential as much as he should have. His decision making, in particular, needs a lot of work.

Yes, partly the club’s fault, but I would say more JRS’s fault. He should be 75% owner of his development and I don’t get the impression self analysis is high on JRS’s skill set. Contrasts very starkly with Gallagher in this regard.
  • Options
    Can hardly blame Palace for taking him back, odds on he will be gone in Jan. Be surprised if he is not taken out the next league game to keep him fresh. Would be even a more big surprise if he is still training with us! Next SAKA
  • Options
    Hard to carry a team on your back from the wing.