Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jesurun Rak-Sakyi - 2023-4 season progress.

Comments

• NabySarr said:
    I think Palace will include him in their pre-season and have a look at him even if they are in the prem still. Could see him getting in their PL squad but most likely will get a good championship loan after doing so well with us 
    Shame that Championship club isn't us!
    Sadly, l think our lack of ability to depart League 1 will mean that we will lose a number of Academy players who will move on ahead of us.
    It would be easier to keep Leaburn next season if we were moving up to the Championship. 
  • If you were sabotaging another teams vote, surely you wouldn't vote for a player who has a realistic chance of winning it? If I was a 40 year palace virgin living with my mum i would vote for Matt penny! 
    Anything obviously nonsensical would result in that player being disregarded by the vote organiser. JRS is plausibly our best player this season so it'll probably work 
  • edited April 2023
    I voted for a Man City stand to be named the Bell End once as did many others, but they ignored the votes. A bit hard on Colin Bell who was a great player for them.

I think, all things being equal, POTY is still between Leaburn and JRS with Dobbo not too far behind. AMB has had an impressive half a season too to be fair. The next few games may push it one way or the other so it is best to wait a bit.
  • Ferryman said:
    My son said he's heard that Palace fans are hijacking our PoTY vote to guarantee Jez winning it. He's a worthy candidate in his own right though.
    Imagine supporting a team in the Premier League, your team are in genuine danger of relegation and you're busy worrying about a League One team's POTY vote. Doesn't matter how long they're up there, they'll still be an embarrassing little club
  • Hilarious reading some of the comments from some of our lot back in December time absolutely slating him! 

The kid is class! 

I will put one club forward as to where he will be next year and that will be our other neighbours.
  • edited April 2023
    cafc_se7 said:
    Hilarious reading some of the comments from some of our lot back in December time absolutely slating him! 

The kid is class! 

I will put one club forward as to where he will be next year and that will be our other neighbours.
    All forgotten now it would seem as he's many people's Player of the Year vote.
    Actually him and Leaburn are possibly players of 2023, but in reality it's player of the season and Dobbo was streets ahead by December, even if the gap has narrowed.
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Can't bring myself to vote for a Palace player, but he has been our best player this season
    We can't say he hasn't worn the shirt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dobo been more consistent 👏 
  • Dobbo has been chuff since the birth of his child got to be a good half dozen games now 
  • Boom 💥
  • I think it’s a forlorn hope but I would really expect us to bust a gut to get Palace to let him stay next season. Sadly I think the chances are pretty slim.
  • Dobo been more consistent 👏 
    Not in the same class, unfortunately. If Sak don't win poy, it's because he came from Palarse. 
  • Jesurun Rak-Sakyi must be one of the most effective loans we have had in years.
    I voted him player of the year, and Saturday has justified that choice.
    It is impressive that this is his first full efl loan season and how he has developed under our Tutelage.

• I wonder if our recruitment team have scouted Key, Mumba, N'Lundulu and Mehmeti...
  • I've never seen a player look less enthusiastic doing the tunnel jump though, that really should count against him
  • Sponsored links:

• Mehmeti went to Bristol City in January, Wycombe love scouting Non League talent. 
  • edited April 2023
    The first goal is just ridiculous. He's on his first loan and he's making seasoned professionals look silly. I love the look of panic defenders have when he picks it up with a bit of space. Such a great talent and it's a shame we couldn't make the most of it this year. But who knows where we'd be if we didn't have him. 
  • No chance he stays beyond this season. 

Our best player by a mile and will be in the Championship next year. 
    With Zaha likely off, I think there is actually a chance he might get named in the Palace squad next season, let alone loaned to a Championship team.

More worrying is the fact that in a very good article published in last Sunday's Football league Paper he talks about his strong connection with Miles Leaburn and how "we always know where the other one is going to be". Clearly they get on well both on and off the pitch.

Rak-Sakyi surely wouldn't do the dirty on us and tell Woy to get the club's cheque book out, would he?  

Rak-Sakyi surely wouldn't do the dirty on us and tell Woy to get the club's cheque book out, would he?  
    Could see them trying, couldnt see Miles doing that to us though, not with his connections to Charlton

Could see them trying, couldnt see Miles doing that to us though, not with his connections to Charlton
    If it’s the best offer for Miles then why not. Can remain living at home and near friends and family. Sadly Palace have transcended being footballing rivals with Charlton. Right now we need to be cultivating every connection we have with them. They’ll have loans available that we need. I don’t take much pleasure in it but themes the facts. I take comfort that it’s not Millwall - yet.
  • edited April 2023
    CAFCsayer said:
    Leuth said:
    LTKapal said:
    When I think of the other dodgy loan wingers we’ve had in recent years, Zyro who remembers him. He’s a level above wish our recruitment team hit gold more often.
    Zyro was definitely a centre forward! Bulot is the gold standard to which others can only aspire 
    He must have been really shite, as I have zero recollection of him playing for us, and I generally have a pretty good memory
    He scored one goal from distance, with a hard shot that even Martin Sandgaard would have been proud of. He looked the part, but never really showed enough to start regularly. 
    @LTKapal ‘s Mavididi nearly scored a wonder goal up at Rochdale (or Oldham?), and had two or three good games, but suffered a bad injury that interrupted his progress. He’s now playing in France for Montpellier, so at a higher level than our League One. 
  • He is our POTY easily
  • there u go
  • still, we got Charlie Kirk...