Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Erling Haaland

Comments

• Options
    Has he scored more goals this season than our whole team put together?
  • Options
    Not quite.

He's scored 14 league goals, we've scored 15.
    He's scored 3 in 3 in the cups, we've scored 5 in 3.

• Options
    Not quite.

What a slacker!
  • Options
    Not quite.

What a slacker!
    I do suspect slightly that he might have done ok v Forest Green Rovers, Oxford etc.
  • Options
    Not quite.

What a slacker!
    I do suspect slightly that he might have done ok v Forest Green Rovers, Oxford etc.

Haaland makes an incredibly enthusiastic well timed run to beat the offside trap while playing for Charlton!

Only for it to be an incredible waste of time anyway as Charlton just got dispossessed 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Man City have Southampton at home next Saturday.

Haaland may casually only give them a 2 goal bitch slap and get subbed after 13 minutes

Best to rest him 
    What’s the most goals scored by one player in one match in the top flight?
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Haaland may casually only give them a 2 goal bitch slap and get subbed after 13 minutes

Best to rest him 
    Is it 6?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought Ted McDougall got 6 for Southampton, in the 70’s, from memory, but it was before the Premier league, so doesn’t count 🙄
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Dave2l said:

Best to rest him 

Ted Drake.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_Villa_1–7_Arsenal_(14_December_1935)
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    The days of aiming for Real Madrid are no longer the top bench mark for players to sign for and IMHO, haven’t been for a while now.
  • Options
    My memory is not what it used to be, I used to read the Guiness book of records a lot when I was a kid.

• Options
    He’ll probably equal the EPL record this season sometime, not sure about 7 in one game.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    I do feel for defenders playing against him this year... geezer makes shearer look like a dwarf 🤣
    Shearer would be busy working out the best way to elbow him in the moosh!
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    I do feel for defenders playing against him this year... geezer makes shearer look like a dwarf 🤣
    Shearer would be busy working out the best way to elbow him in the moosh!
    At his age now by using a stepladder.
  • Options
    I thought Ted McDougall got 6 for Southampton, in the 70’s, from memory, but it was before the Premier league, so doesn’t count 🙄
    And in the cup…
  • Options
    Dennis Law once scored six against Luton (?) but match abandoned due to fog, so they didn’t count. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    One thing that has struck me watching the Prem recently (and particularly people like Haaland) is the desire they show – when Haaland makes a run he commits to it 110%, full sprint and you can see he's determined to beat the defender.

Similarly I saw Jesus score a tap-in the other day where he out-battled the defender to win the ball, purely because he wanted it more. 

You rarely see that with our lot in League One. Other than Dobson, there is a kind of lethargy to the play. Feels like players give you 70-80% rather than 110%. Perhaps that's why they're not top players. 
    I think the reality (other than the youth players that have come through) is that they really are only doing it for the money, they’re playing in league one and part of them probably feels they have failed to some extent.
    Merry Christmas.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    The MPG is nuts!
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Not me who placed this bet unfortunately and hindsight is a wonderful thing but I suspect that the trader who offered these odds might be feeling a bit embarrassed - after all even before he kicked a ball in the PL, would you have been confident that had Haaland played for 100 seasons he wouldn't score 40 over the course of one of them? 

https://mobile.twitter.com/LadyD_sports/status/1576947195055439872/photo/1

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Not only is he extremely quick over ten yards but he definitely has a knack of using his exceptionally long legs by lunging at the ball, whilst diving horizontally feet first for crosses.
    I swear to god this gives him an extra yard or so advantage over defenders.
    A bit too early to say but are we looking at the next World Super Star….quite possibly.
    And who better than Kevin De Bruyne to help him out with that in mind.
  • Options
    Not me who placed this bet unfortunately and hindsight is a wonderful thing but I suspect that the trader who offered these odds might be feeling a bit embarrassed - after all even before he kicked a ball in the PL, would you have been confident that had Haaland played for 100 seasons he wouldn't score 40 over the course of one of them? 

https://mobile.twitter.com/LadyD_sports/status/1576947195055439872/photo/1

I certainly wouldn't be laying it!
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    The Haaland family have now scored as many goals for Manchester City (21) as the Brightwell family, though the Brightwells have more women's 800m gold medals from the Olympics.

Edit TBF the Brightwells did play nearly 400 games for city.  
  • Options
    Haaland now has as many CL goals as Luis Suarez but in 51 fewer games

Getting silly now.